soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i was going to see it but when i found out it was about aliens
i was like fuck no
i cant stand stuff like that but i heard its good

tempco

HSC
it's barely about aliens imo. it's about a man trying to survive with his daughter and son. i mean, the movie didn't have shots in the alien spacecrafts and such... watch it... it was seriously enjoyable.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
LOL
its barely about aliens
haha i see your point of course, but trying telling someone war of the worlds is barely about aliens

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
nekkid said:
it's barely about aliens imo. it's about a man trying to survive with his daughter and son. i mean, the movie didn't have shots in the alien spacecrafts and such... watch it... it was seriously enjoyable.
well in that case
as long as i dont have to watch absolute lame arse aliens take over the world
i already know the whole movie storyline etc ..sister told me.
sounded good

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
It's called War of the Worlds, what did you think it was going to be about?

TaperJeanGirl

HSC
I finally saw it the other day and I really liked it.
Anyone else think that the scariest part was when they were being mobbed in the car and people were smashing the windows/shooting etc?? Haha, in the entire movie, it was that part that freaked me out the most 'cause it's so true to human nature.
Also, Robbie = Utter hotness. I was glad to see him alive (only because I wanted to see him again haha)

icecreamdisco

HSC
TaperJeanGirl said:
Anyone else think that the scariest part was when they were being mobbed in the car and people were smashing the windows/shooting etc?? Haha, in the entire movie, it was that part that freaked me out the most 'cause it's so true to human nature.
yes! that whole part was one of the most realistic depictions i've seen onscreen of humans reduced to a completely primitive state.

damn, i really wanna see this again.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
spielberg is truly the master of creating a set piece on film. the build up to the first reveal of the tripod was incredible. he took his time, didn't rush at all, and has you on the edge of your seat the entire time. in fact, this movie is almost one long sequence that builds on what has happened before. very cool

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
The movie was mad, the whole they die because of the germs may have been a bit quick but overall it was good.

That being said, one bit made no sense at all... Ok i can understand that they die because of the germs. But wouldn't thier forcefeilds have protected them from that? Ok, even a bigger reach... some of the aliens left the forcefields and died because of that. But why the FUCK did the forcefields of the tripods go down... that makes NO SENSE AT ALL... What, they just went "meh, lets give them a chance"?.... But overall good movie :uhhuh:

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Hmph, i still think it was way overated-

THe tripods defense system... that just didn't make sense... do seagulls make the forcefield go down .. lol :p
he should have remmebered that..

it was kinda weird ending too.. bit too corny and typical hollywood ending.

kaylz

HSC
It was shit.

An incredibly accurate 3 word review, brought to you by Kayleigh.

Generator

HSC
N/A
RingerINC said:
That being said, one bit made no sense at all... Ok i can understand that they die because of the germs. But wouldn't thier forcefeilds have protected them from that? Ok, even a bigger reach... some of the aliens left the forcefields and died because of that. But why the FUCK did the forcefields of the tripods go down... that makes NO SENSE AT ALL... What, they just went "meh, lets give them a chance"?.... But overall good movie :uhhuh:
Bunny04 said:
THe tripods defense system... that just didn't make sense... do seagulls make the forcefield go down .. lol :p
he should have remmebered that..

I responded to the first quote, but I deleted it, but now would be a good time to repost a point or two.

1. The walkers were taking in humans at their leisure, and they were also using their victims to fertilise the earth for their spores. This also served to demoralise the humans.
2. I don't think that a force field is meant to stop the passive movement of air.

As for the second quote.

1. The aliens and their craft were attacked by the earth's many forms of microscopic life, which meant that their systems failed.

I'm at a loss as to why you both thought such things when the movie was quite clear in explaining, or showing, how and why the aliens finally fell. In fact, the only things that didn't make much sense were the two cameras working following the emp and the fact that robbie survived, but robbie's survival can be quite easily explained as a sappy moment to bring the movie full circle.

scoby_2000

HSC
Generator said:
I responded to the first quote, but I deleted it, but now would be a good time to repost a point or two.

1. The walkers were taking in humans at their leisure, and they were also using their victims to fertilise the earth for their spores. This also served to demoralise the humans.
2. I don't think that a force field is meant to stop the passive movement of air.

ummm.....wasnt the blood used as an atmosphere so the aliens could breathe? and that was the red glow....?

i thought the aliens couldnt breathe in normal atmosphere thats y they sprayed the blood and needed people in their crates.... ?

Generator

HSC
N/A
scoby_2000 said:
ummm.....wasnt the blood used as an atmosphere so the aliens could breathe? and that was the red glow....?

i thought the aliens couldnt breathe in normal atmosphere thats y they sprayed the blood and needed people in their crates.... ?
Possibly, I was just guessing, although the red glow was nothing more than murky light shining through a red mist.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
i quite liked the movie.....brilliant special fx...

personally i thought dakota fanning was v good as she has been in another roles....

i thought cruises acting was good after the first tripod...

Krangelus

i am a tiger
HSC
N/A
this movie was shit. i honestly did not like it, wtf were they thinking.

the fucking aliens come to earth thousands of years ago to bury there war-machine robots, you'd think they would figure out that they cant survive on earth at that time, then. Also, the aliens come to earth in lightning bolts. Thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard.

another thing, i realise this is a movie about charachters and people and shit, but the title is war of the worlds. Its supposed to be about aliens and shit goin down. its more like invasion of the world + tom cruises stupid life and his dumb kids.

i also dont understnad his son running off to the war and then theres a giant explosion and he is apparently fine at the end, not a scratch on him. Apparently he is impervious to explosions and high temperatures.

Also what was the go with Tim Robbins charachter? i honestly didnt understand his role at all. What was the deal, can someone explain that to me.

The special effects were good from what we saw, but i didnt like the aliens. They were more comical. Infact the whole movie is comical.

at the start of the movie tom cruise is a crane driver or whatevr, but then when he is running down the street to see what the comotion is, a car mechanic asks tom how to fix the car and tom knows? how the hell does tom know, and why is he the ONLY person in the world to know how to fix it. Did anyone else also notice how when they were driving there were these conveniant gaps for his car to get through.

Also the whole getting on the boat scene... why the fuck would you get on a boat. Why were all the characheters completely retarded.

ANd there was a war going on but apparently this one part where tom cruises ex wife was living was untouched and fine. WTF. and at the end when the army guys are firing rocket launchers at the alien machine, why werent the force fields going off? apparently there entire technology is affected not just the aliens themselves. Not very smart aliens.

I dont get why people seem to love this movie so fucking much, "oh spieldberg is a genius", whatever, spieldberg is a freaking dickface and this movie was shit. wake up.

Last edited:

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i saw this today.. it scared the shit out of me! except it had to be explained to me that they died because of germs.. silly me! I've never really been that into tom cruise movies but this was pretty damn good.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
^Krangelus obviously didnt assume like the majority of us that the aliens have done it to other worlds before us, hence their efficiency..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)