Was your studying pointless? (1 Viewer)

FTW

HSC
I didn't study very much or very in depth because I knew how pointless it was to study so in depth for such broadly tested subjects.

So what are your thoughts?
Did you waste time?
Was it helpful?
Do you regret it?
Did you study?

Villa94

HSC
I usually study but for the SC i didnt really bother.

silence--

HSC
didn't study at all for english and science and i can't say it would have made a difference if i did

doing a tiny bit for geo/hist today. or i should be but ive been on this site since like 4pm, haha.

Cee.

HSC
Nah it wasn't pointless. I bludged throughout a whole year of science, getting fail marks. Yesterday I crammed a year worth of science and today I found it easy. And nope I didn't wasted time or regret studying.

sfer

HSC
I never study. I know, I'll regret it later - but I still get pretty damn decent grades. Sure, I'd go even better if I did study... but do I really need to? Nope.

In my opinion, for some reason I think studying just artificially inflates your knowledge - and your exam mark ends up not reflecting what you actually *do* no, instead, it reflects what you crammed the night before. If I'm asked, say, a Science question 10 years from now that I was supposed to have learnt the answer to this year, will I be able to study for that? No. It's something that happens.

I don't know, I just feel that if I'd study, my marks wouldn't reflect who I actually am. That, or I'm just trying to make up an excuse to be lazy :p

It's probably better on my mental health, too - I never stress about exams, and it's great. If I went into the exam room, terrified of what my end result would be - chances are I wouldn't perform very well. Instead, I just walk in there - sure, having not studied - and do the exam to the best of my ability, I don't stress about it, I just do it like I do anything else.

And that's how I roll

Jabba Da Hat

HSC
Yes it was a waste of time to an extent, only time will show

HSC
No study for either exams. I couldn't find motivation to study for science, though I kind of regretted it when I got to the question about natural selection in the exam but I pulled through and wrote what I remembered my teacher told me.
If I fail, oh well..

spriinkles

HSC
im happy that i planned a short story 10 mins before the english
and then adapted it to include a key..

zxreth

HSC
pretty much :( learnt all this shit on science thinking that it may be in the long response. but nothing to do with what i learnt was there

freedragon

HSC
i found study for science useful. i guess it is what you study and how effective ur techniques are :p

xxxxxxxxxx[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

x-Manda-x

HSC
I didn't study, but I'll probably end up regretting that. I only studied for science, during the break between english and science, nothing like last minute cramming. However the bits I did study did deem to be extremely helpful in the exam, thank god I studied the theory of evolution and natural selection just before going in :) Maths I am most certainly to fail, so I see no point studying for that exam anyways.

coco la

HSC
i must admit i studied science last year like i literally woke up at 3:30am and studied, ended up with 89 and i didnt study for maths but ended up with 94. but today for english i most probably studied 15 minutes all together but u cant really study for these subjects im fluking geo and history

jonowang

HSC
im glad i didnt bother studying for it. its ironic how so many people were saying how pointless sc was only a few days ago, yet they were studying/cramming for it

Rabiies

HSC
i only had to re-sit the eng. exm so i didnt bother with studying at all.
hope the marks better than last years! :)

coco la

HSC
i only had to re-sit the eng. exm so i didnt bother with studying at all.
hope the marks better than last years! :)
yeah i had to resit my english exam to cause i didnt get over 90. i got 86. this time im hoping something like 95

Last edited:

coco la

HSC
what are u doing here arent u ment to be studying aka bio week coming up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)