We made a mistake with Rudd, didn't we? (1 Viewer)

Do you wish Howard had won the last election?

• Yes. Howard was the man we need for the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lauchlan

HSC
No... because the world economy was booming and later the mining industry was booming and as such they had tons and tons of revenue, much of which Hawke and Fraser would probably have given to the people instead of investing in ships and schools and stadia.
lol this is ridiculous i don't even support government
to be fair Hawke was an ok PM he abolished tariffs and did some fine deregulation and you can't say the thing about cutting taxes Howard cut taxes close to the end of his career because the economy was good and they didn't need the revenue. however i will admit gst wasn't the best idea but the doesn't come anywhere close to the introduction of capital gains taxes by hawke and the introduction of fing medicare
Lentern seems to be making some points that others are failing to answer properly, all i see is ppl dismissing his well-informed comments. keep going Lentern.
HAHAHA looks like scuba steve has finally cracked - you cant respond to someone who shares similar view points of mine in this argument who is well-informed on the issue.
shall you take out the white flag, eh? :p

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it you can save it for when you need it like in a crisis, wait a minute this sounds familiar
Wait... so you're saying government's should spend during crises?

Lauchlan

HSC
just because you have money doesn't mean you have to spend it you can save it for when you need it like in a crisis, wait a minute this sounds familiar
if the current labor party are in office long enough we will see whether their economic management works for the next crisis. you cant say that it is true that howard is a better economic manager than rudd because howard was in office for longer than rudd atm. the only way for your point to be valid is if rudd gets reelected the same times as howard and even then it really isnt a fair claim. face it - its your word against mine.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
if the current labor party are in office long enough we will see whether their economic management works for the next crisis. you cant say that it is true that howard is a better economic manager than rudd because howard was in office for longer than rudd atm. the only way for your point to be valid is if rudd gets reelected the same times as howard and even then it really isnt a fair claim. face it - its your word against mine.
next economic crisis will be between 2017-2020 i don't think labour will survive long enough

no its not what has rudd done in this area besides waste so much fucking money in places where half of which could of been spent i mean seriously over 200k for a class room you have to be fucking kidding me

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

HAHAHA looks like scuba steve has finally cracked - you cant respond to someone who shares similar view points of mine in this argument who is well-informed on the issue.
shall you take out the white flag, eh? :p

lectern was trying to say bob hawke was better then Howard i agreed he had some good economic polices but fucked up when he introduced medicare and capital gains tax

Lauchlan

HSC
Of course Abbot is irrelevant, have you read the title of this thread? Yes, I don't like Abbot, but that by no means means that Howard is a bad leader, which is what this thread is about. That's the precise point, you're arguing the wrong thing.
Abbott is relevent. The is a political discussion on the 2007 election and its aftermarth (including what people think should have happened reflecting today)

I am reflecting today in saying that howard's departure weakened the liberal party. I am making a point that Howard must have been a well-respected leader for his party because the libs have failed with malcolm turnbull, and havent really done that well with tony abbott.

Howard to my recollections believed in his policy. Abbott doesn't even have policy, and in my opinion still feels more like a front bench member, not a leader. My points on recent failures by liberal are conflicting with howard's respect and support by people such as yourselves.

This is because it is the same political party. A difference in a leader can make or break a party - and i think the liberal party are broken, and need to be fixed :p

Lauchlan

HSC
next economic crisis will be between 2017-2020 i don't think labour will survive long enough

no its not what has rudd done in this area besides waste so much fucking money in places where half of which could of been spent i mean seriously over 200k for a class room you have to be fucking kidding me
since you are "off-topic" ie. not talking about howard, how long do you believe tony abbott will last?

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
since you are "off-topic" ie. not talking about howard, how long do you believe tony abbott will last?
wtf do u mean off topic i addressed your point

seriously if you don't have a basic understanding of economics and i mean very basic then stop posting

btw i got no idea how long Abbott will last and frankly i don't care

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
thats your (and the liberal party's) answer to everything:
do NOTHING
again you say liberal party which is weird because liberals I'm sure would of done their own stimulus package. i believe in A C iif you don't know what that is then stop inferring that the liberals believe in it. the distance between me liberals and labour on ideology is like

me>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>liberals>>>labour

Ziva

Banned
HSC
free market, free people

No political party satisfy's this agenda, and I will continue to feel indifferent about every political party brought to the fore until this is satisfied.

Rudd is just as bad as every other politician.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
free market, free people

No political party satisfy's this agenda, and I will continue to feel indifferent about every political party brought to the fore until this is satisfied.

Rudd is just as bad as every other politician.
i like you btw what school of thought do u come from Austrian or Chicago?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
huh nice, I'm Austrian school nice to meet you, we are just a little bit crazier then you guys XD
That doesn't matter, you both share in common a blatant disregard for empirical evidence, so I'm sure you'll get along just fine.

Ziva

Banned
HSC
That doesn't matter, you both share in common a blatant disregard for empirical evidence, so I'm sure you'll get along just fine.
yes because the role that capitalism has played in the economic liberalisation of CHINA, INDIA ETC has achieved nothing in comparison to what their communist ancestors where able to

ok you fucking shit cunt lets send all those factory workers back to the farms

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)