We made a mistake with Rudd, didn't we? (2 Viewers)

Do you wish Howard had won the last election?

• Yes. Howard was the man we need for the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
rofl implying that JSM and Adam Smith weren't political economists
What? No? When did I ever say this?
They were genuine economists who dabbled in the ocassional political treatise. Kind of like priests who dabble in morality, when their real area of expertise is fantasy fiction.

Also who was implying buying lotto tickets is stupid?
I wasn't. His example was stupid, because the placebo effect has nothing to do with losing lotto.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
What? No? When did I ever say this?
They were genuine economists who dabbled in the ocassional political treatise. Kind of like priests who dabble in morality, when their real area of expertise is fantasy fiction.
You stated that political economists aren't real economists. JSM and Adam Smith WERE political economists - ergo you implied that they weren't real economists. However the modern political economist (or political economy major) is hardly comparable to an economic pioneer such as Adam Smith (in the days when economics and capitalism were inevitably political pursuits).

I would tend to agree with you re; political economists, however political economists still make valid and important contributions to continuing economic insight. Such as our very own Frank Stilwell.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
You stated that political economists aren't real economists. JSM and Adam Smith WERE political economists - ergo you implied that they weren't real economists. However the modern political economist (or political economy major) is hardly comparable to an economic pioneer such as Adam Smith (in the days when economics and capitalism were inevitably political pursuits).

I would tend to agree with you re; political economists, however political economists still make valid and important contributions to continuing economic insight. Such as our very own Frank Stilwell.
Reread what I wrote. I said political economics is not real economics. No mention of economists. It's quite easy to be both a real and political economist. Unfortunately, there are plenty of people who dabble in political economics without any background in real economics, leading to a superfluity of half-baked ideas without any logic behind them. The "modern political economy major" would be one.
But I'm glad we've reached common ground. You did have me concerned for a while there.

Lauchlan

HSC
john howard is fucking awesome

kevin rudd is a smug inexperienced cunt who, as far as i'm concerned, hasn't actually done anything useful for australia in the past two and a half years. i'd rather eat my own face than vote for labor anyway.
do us all a favour and eat your face then >:p

Lauchlan

HSC
nope, my family has lived here since the mid 1800s... White people are allowed to support asian language teaching as well

i wouldnt be surprised if he got dumped in a post-election cabinet reshuffle, as a way of getting rid of a shit policy and shit minister at the same time

simply wrong. Hungry beast survey found 86% of australians in favour of a compulsory filter; most online surveys are unreliable because they are answered by people comfortable with going beyond checking email etc

---

the ets is a far right policy - it disregards any solution involving tangible regulation. It's a bit retarted that you should label me a "labor member" when i support it.

You're a complete fool... Do you not realise that the alternative to wasteful gov spending is 0 spending at all? Do you seriously think so many public infrastructure improvements would have been done by a howard/costello gov?

And how can you deny that its healthcare reform? These policies are a direct result on the latest inter-generational report which shows spending to be completely unsustainable... Something must be done - abbott has 0 alternatives.

Finally, substantial bits of the henry review have been leaked, and they are quite groundbreaking... You obviously have no idea on this thing
i agree with some of this.

Last edited:

Lauchlan

HSC
ahahaha lol that is a very good idea, the government could lie and say they put lots of money underground xD

the austrian school methods seem a bit outdated imo.
outdated? john howard didn't care about schools, hospitals, family budgets.
neither does the current liberal party.

this thread is POINTLESS. why? JOHN HOWARD ISN'T COMING BACK.

you now have TONY ABBOTT - you should be discussing abbott v. rudd.

idiots.....

Lauchlan

HSC
to bad for u blastus is far from conservative as u can get :hammer:
k...... you must be an undercover citizen for liberal, helping them rip billions of dollars out of public hospitals and helping them decide which rights of employees should go.
and, .... eating your face at the same time too XD

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
k...... you must be an undercover citizen for liberal, helping them rip billions of dollars out of public hospitals and helping them decide which rights of employees should go.
I'm an anarcho-capitalist, owned.:guitar:

0bs3n3

HSC
outdated? john howard didn't care about schools, hospitals, family budgets.
neither does the current liberal party.

this thread is POINTLESS. why? JOHN HOWARD ISN'T COMING BACK.

you now have TONY ABBOTT - you should be discussing abbott v. rudd.

idiots.....
Oh ok all that about middle-class welfare was nothing big...

But seriously, the other guy said he would rather eat his face than vote for labour. Stop misusing the quote.

zstar

HSC
N/A
Here's a dirty secret about our so called "democracy".

We don't actually get to pick our so called leaders, The scam works like this.

The ultra wealthy elites who own all the resources and factories make the decisions through international organizations like the UN then they hand pick our leaders and influence the policies and agenda. For example many of these ISP's are fighting net neutrality and trying to kill off the free Internet and they do this through collaborating with the government and pushing for content restricrictions and control.

When we go to vote all we do is flip a coin, Heads or Tails.

At the end of the day it makes no difference how we vote because much of these policies the government sets are done without our permission and there is nothing that requires our permission.

All we have is the power vote them out or referendums in important the most important national decisions.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
That's what democracy is.

You elect your leaders to choose for you. If you're upset by it, become a politician and do something about it.

I ignored your other conspiracy bullshit.

0bs3n3

HSC
"Don't attribute to me your conventional view of what a conservative believes, because I'm not a conservative, I'm a believer in freedom." - Milton Friedman

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
"Don't attribute to me your conventional view of what a conservative believes, because I'm not a conservative, I'm a believer in freedom." - Milton Friedman
Dickhead, Friedman was basically a Libertarian, you're clearly just a typical conservative - anybody can tell that after reading your stupid posts on this board.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)