We should get rid of ANZAC day (1 Viewer)

LonelyWolf

HSC
pffftt i'm fucking sick of all these fucking progressive leftist views posted on here. how dare you belittle the contributions of our soldiers, especially during ww2. Particularly for myself and others on BOS who have had relatives serve and die in wars, only to fight for something which has been turned upside down by such a stupid modern Australian mindset. I can't stand all this 'love each other, no more war, we want peace', war and aggression are inherit of the human condition, there will always be conflict. Its impossible to stop any future wars, by disarming ourselves and having our fuckwit leaders sign a piece of paper 'swearing' we won't start a war.

World peace would be nice, but cmon we can all recognise that it won't happen.
fuck i'm still going on, fuck Australia, its all turned to shit.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
pffftt i'm fucking sick of all these fucking progressive leftist views posted on here. how dare you belittle the contributions of our soldiers, especially during ww2. Particularly for myself and others on BOS who have had relatives serve and die in wars, only to fight for something which has been turned upside down by such a stupid modern Australian mindset. I can't stand all this 'love each other, no more war, we want peace', war and aggression are inherit of the human condition, there will always be conflict. Its impossible to stop any future wars, by disarming ourselves and having our fuckwit leaders sign a piece of paper 'swearing' we won't start a war.

To be honest their views seem more extreme right than anything.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

I'm not saying that we abolish remembrance altogether, not by a long shot (I might have posted something similar before but I was just hoping to draw someone in to posting terrible things). There are Australians that fought in war to preserve freedom. However, ANZAC Day is identified majorly with the Gallipoli landings, which were fucking futile and a disgusting course of action by the British empire. The "lest we forget" motto is one that promotes "never should we forget these brave heroes" which is glorifying their actions in murder and only fuels blind nationalist sentiment that is beyond misplaced. There are other days which pay respect to veterans and past battles without having the glorification aspect as strongly put within it. Armistice/Remembrance Day is better because it doesn't single out a specific event (apart from the closing of the Western Front on November 11), which thereafter doesn't say "we should be proud of this". It teaches people that *millions* of men died in atrocious conditions for no real reason and it should never ever ever happen again. Too bad that message is lost on

everyone.

To be honest their views seem more extreme right than anything.
No they aren't. Assuming you're referring to the libertarians that post here, we're neither left nor right leaning.

Lefties are the ones starting the wars.
Expand on that.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
No they aren't. Assuming you're referring to the libertarians that post here, we're neither left nor right leaning.

Expand on that.
You are well right of centre as as most of your cronies.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well, very basically, libertarians are "left" socially (greater individual freedom, less state intervention [although technically that's not a leftist ideal]) and "right" economically (less state intervention, greater freedom due to business being private property).

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Well, very basically, libertarians are "left" socially (greater individual freedom, less state intervention [although technically that's not a leftist ideal]) and "right" economically (less state intervention, greater freedom due to business being private property).
The Austrian School of economics was responsible for the global financial crisis of 2008 - Present, how can you now justify your position as a result of this?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Expand on that.
America joining WWII
Vietnam War
Bay of Pigs
Somalia
Yugoslavian interventions
First and Second Gulf Wars (neocons are foreign policy leftists i.e. liberal internationalism)

lefties starting the wars

Herbert Braun

Banned
HSC
y say dey are murders? ww2 was us fightin a crazy nazi jew man savin us all ya cunt dnt disrespect our soldiers. fukin cunts

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
y say dey are murders? ww2 was us fightin a crazy nazi jew man savin us all ya cunt dnt disrespect our soldiers. fukin cunts
This woman has the right idea at least. If it wasn't for the ANZAC soldiers you and I might not be here today.

LonelyWolf

HSC
We can all say, yeah it'd majorly sucked if the Japs were actually successful but please realise how many Asians are immigrating to Australia. They're rotting our country from the inside by such means.

Fucking multiculturalism

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
We don't need soldiers out there fighting grass to protect our balls.

All these 'special' days are unnecessary as it doesn't create enough awareness. Its OK ,today is the day to 'remember' something, tomorrow will a day you forgot what you did the day before.
E.g. Earth Hour is shit.
So it doesn't matter if there are these days. Just live alongside it as it doesn't affect us at all. Or contribute to have a psychological effect that you did something good. Bla.
I would instead get rid of things that are destroying our advancement of INTELLIGENT human civilisation, e.g. people who are too devoted to religion or god, people who want to destroy democracy and free speech, the government wasting tax payers money, etc. Please do not say I'm a retard as I just want to live good whilst wanting the best out of everything.
I'm still waiting for mass productions of Robots to at least kick a ball!
umad, we made lego soccer players in IST.

Didnt you HYDROragequit andrew??

LonelyWolf

HSC
We don't need soldiers out there fighting grass to protect our balls.

All these 'special' days are unnecessary as it doesn't create enough awareness. Its OK ,today is the day to 'remember' something, tomorrow will a day you forgot what you did the day before.
E.g. Earth Hour is shit.
So it doesn't matter if there are these days. Just live alongside it as it doesn't affect us at all. Or contribute to have a psychological effect that you did something good. Bla.
I would instead get rid of things that are destroying our advancement of INTELLIGENT human civilisation, e.g. people who are too devoted to religion or god, people who want to destroy democracy and free speech, the government wasting tax payers money, etc. Please do not say I'm a retard as I just want to live good whilst wanting the best out of everything.
I'm still waiting for mass productions of Robots to at least kick a ball!
you think its better to achieve a perfect world through the means of a democratic state
another person thinks its better to achieve a perfect world through a authoritarian communist state

its an eternal opinionated political struggle

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
We can all say, yeah it'd majorly sucked if the Japs were actually successful but please realise how many Asians are immigrating to Australia. They're rotting our country from the inside by such means.

Fucking multiculturalism
at least if the japanese won we might have fast trains and up to date technology and internets :santa:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)