Welcome '05rs - Whats your individual project? (2 Viewers)

Which Project Are You Doing?

• Total voters

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
I think i posted stuff about this in the maths forum.

Guys, DONT WORRY ABOUT SCALING. Ok, well KNOW about scaling, but dont worry about it. Your main priority over the next 12 months is to basically try and aim to score for a high band 5/ and a band 6. If you can get a band 6 in drama, then you're pretty much cruising. The very large scaling subjects are ones like
1. Ext 2 maths
2. Ext 2 english
3. Ext 1 maths
4. Ext 2 english
5. chem, phys, eco
6. languages i think

and i'm kinda sure they go in that order.

so with drama, yes its not the world's most scaled up subjects, however, just try and aim for a band 6. I'm not doing any scaled subjects (apart from 4unit english), but my marks are in band 6, so i'm hoping my uai will be in the 6th band too.

With IP's, and I'm sure ive said this before. You should do what's right for you. I chose Theatre Criticism, coz basically I can't act :p lol Well I can act, I'm very shy and freak out getting on a stage and acting. If writing is ur thing, then go for the applied research, theatre crit and scriptwriting.

I think, overall, every single option up there asks you to use BOTH the creative and analytical side of your brain.

Oh, and ask your teacher what they think you should do! I've had the same drama teacher since year 9, and when I was in your shoes, she said straight away, "do theatre crit". ANd yep, that was the best for me. I loved every minute of it.

/ends babble. sorry guys. sometime i get on a roll :p

AngelSG86

taxman said:
I'm doing scriptwriting...but now I need to find a topic, and "The Thom Yorke Journey's" idea of mine just aint gonna work on stage.
I did scriptwriting. My only advice is to find something that interests you so you can handle working with that topic for the entire time. Oh, and don't use the very first idea you get. Its better to come up with loads of ideas and bounce them off your teacher or friends. And start writing drafts as soon as possible. That way you can get your teacher to look at it and help you out. Thats what I did, I did sooo many drafts. And make sure you use your logbook wisely. Put in heaps of summaries of possible storylines and drafts and stuff.
E-mail me or PM me if you wanna chat.

V

val_dramaqueen

taxman said:
I'm doing Australian Drama (No Sugar & Gary's House) and Absurdism...apart from No Sugar it looks like it's gonna be a good course.
Gary's House is good... :uhhuh: i went and saw a local school do it... i'm sure you'll like it. absurdist rocks... but no sugar?..... no idea!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
No Sugar is a Jack Davis play with a bunch of comments written in aboriginal. The storyline is interesting, but I'm so sick of having to decipher the aboriginal words.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
val_dramaqueen said:
Gary's House is good... :uhhuh: i went and saw a local school do it... i'm sure you'll like it. absurdist rocks... but no sugar?..... no idea!
:uhhuh: absurdist rocks my socks

and taxman...that would get soo frustrating. beg ur teacher to supply u with the definitions/translations :p

Alaranth

Well, I picked set. Not sure if I'll stick with it, but it'll do for now. I picked it for a few reasons:
a) My camera is crap.
b) Doing film is putting my mark in the hands of my actors, partially. I'd push them, and they'd get mad at me, and I'd loose friends.
c) I don't wanna do the IP and GP on the same day. Nasty idea.
d) What if I'm sick on the day? I'd throw away 60%, rather than 30%
e) I still get to act in the GP.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Haha...all the definitions are in the back of the book....but trust me, that doesn't get any easier. We do have a good time reading it though.

Woolah! I got Koomp all over my Kwonna Tjuellara!

(Hurray! I got urine all over my bony arse!)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
taxman said:
Haha...all the definitions are in the back of the book....but trust me, that doesn't get any easier. We do have a good time reading it though.

Woolah! I got Koomp all over my Kwonna Tjuellara!

(Hurray! I got urine all over my bony arse!)
rofl that's the funniest thing i've heard all day! Too bad it's actually quite disgusting! :rolleyes:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
taxman said:
No Sugar is a Jack Davis play with a bunch of comments written in aboriginal. The storyline is interesting, but I'm so sick of having to decipher the aboriginal words.
Hey, Wetjella!

The purpose of the play having been written in part aboriginal is to exclude the white audience. Its a statement. Of course, No Sugar isn't as good as The Dreamers, but it is an AMAZING play. There is so much racial politics in it. Having that in the play lets the audience know what its like to be excluded in your own country. Think of it that way. Plus, you don't need to know what it means, just read it as is for the full effect, later you can read it again.

By the way, if you use it in an essay be sure to discuss the Black Swan theatre company production at the Perth town hall, you can get two or three paragraphs out of that!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Hey, Wetjella!

The purpose of the play having been written in part aboriginal is to exclude the white audience. Its a statement. Of course, No Sugar isn't as good as The Dreamers, but it is an AMAZING play. There is so much racial politics in it. Having that in the play lets the audience know what its like to be excluded in your own country. Think of it that way. Plus, you don't need to know what it means, just read it as is for the full effect, later you can read it again.

By the way, if you use it in an essay be sure to discuss the Black Swan theatre company production at the Perth town hall, you can get two or three paragraphs out of that!
Aboriginals alienate themselves. :rolleyes:

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
neo_o said:
Aboriginals alienate themselves. :rolleyes:
Don't start! But, its the purpose of it. Lets not argue if they alienate themselves or not (do you seriously believe that?!) but the purpose is to alienate the predominantly white audience.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I think the seperate flag speaks for itself doesn't it? :p

But I won't turn this into a News/Pols thread, I've done that enough in non-school ;)

willed

asleep but interested
HSC
I'm doing video drama for my IP and we're studying Australian Contemporary Theatre.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Ha! Neo_o...I've seen those videos from ur sig somewhere...TROOPS or something, I can't remember what it was called, but it was hilarious.

"Oh! So it's your cousin's robot is it? Sure it is! Fry his ass!"
----------------------

No Sugar seems OK. Aside from the fact that I've hated being force-fed aboriginals since Year 7 history, this at least is pretty interesting. The characters are really well written and having a story rather than incredibly boring facts about aboriginals is much more intriguing and informative. It's a pretty decent play.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
hey taxman, one piece of advice i can give you going into year 12, try and watch the plays that you're reading. I did/do absurd and reading the plays was sooo confusing, but I ended up watching two of them and it made sense. :) Plus it helps when workshopping and also when you have to do the essays.

/end of my 2 cents

(oh that goes for all 05ers :p)

kristie87

HSC
the names kristie...just started HSC drama this term...

im doing Publicity/Promotion for my IP...

we've started on Summer of The 17th Doll by Ray Lawler, cos we're doing Australian Bush and City for our first unit and second one's absurdism...

im like looking forward to HSC drama...it's gunna be totally awesome

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
hey kristie...i did the same topics you're about to do. The Doll and Mother & Son are so boring...but absurdism is really thought-provoking!!

have they bought out the topics of what you can do ur promotion on yet?

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I did Promotion + Programme. Was alot of fun, and I was really happy with my end result. If you have any queries feel free to PM me. :D

kristie87

HSC
yeh they said we can choose from:
Holy Day -Andrew Bovell
Blue Murder- Beatrix Christian
The Judas Kiss- David Hare
Meat Party- Duong Le Qui
Blood Brothers- Willy Russell
Dead Heart- Nicholas Parsons
Twelfth Night- William Shakespeare
The Theban Plays 'Oedipus Rex'- Sophocles
The herbal Bed- Peter Whelan

thanx for the offer by the way Jimbob...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)