Welcome '05rs - Whats your individual project? (1 Viewer)

Which Project Are You Doing?

• Total voters

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Oh yeah, I was originally doing Blood Brothers but changed to Holy Day in February/March.. ended up sweet :D

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
kristie87 said:
yeh they said we can choose from:
Holy Day -Andrew Bovell
Blue Murder- Beatrix Christian
The Judas Kiss- David Hare
Meat Party- Duong Le Qui
Blood Brothers- Willy Russell
Dead Heart- Nicholas Parsons
Twelfth Night- William Shakespeare
The Theban Plays 'Oedipus Rex'- Sophocles
The herbal Bed- Peter Whelan

thanx for the offer by the way Jimbob...
oh thats the same as 04. Sophocles....god please his soul!

kristie, do u go to woolwich?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
grk_styl said:
hey taxman, one piece of advice i can give you going into year 12, try and watch the plays that you're reading. I did/do absurd and reading the plays was sooo confusing, but I ended up watching two of them and it made sense. :) Plus it helps when workshopping and also when you have to do the essays.

/end of my 2 cents

(oh that goes for all 05ers :p)
Cheers 'ol greeky boy! I'll try my best to go see a couple of the plays, but I don't rate my chances of seein No Sugar anytime soon.

Do you know when you get your marks back for your IP? How do you think you went? And finally, what's it like doing two subjects with major works?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
i'm a girl :p

we get our marks back when we get all of them from the board of studies on 19th of december i think it is (im blacking that date out of my memory) :p

it feels amazing doing 100% of ee2 and 60% of drama. it's soo stressful, but so relaxing afterwards!

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Im in the same boat as you. Since im only doing a flat 10 units, Im sitting less than 8 units worth of exams :)

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
do you do 10units grky...boy lol..? i thought you did 12.
i do 12 so i was confident that i had a 'back up' subject.. but now it feels like im doin shit in so many exams that it doesnt really matter because i'll ending up being a bum for the rest of my life.....

umm. yeh. drama's good... go 05'ers....

aw shit.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I had the "backup" plan, general word of adivce, a backup only works if you do decently in it... ie. you need to get a better than bomb out mark in it :p..

Agent_Soda

HSC
Hey everyone, im thinking about doing costume design but im not sure which play to choose.. what do yas think? Any ideas?

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
Agent_Soda said:
Hey everyone, im thinking about doing costume design but im not sure which play to choose.. what do yas think? Any ideas?
i'm biased coz i love the oedipus trilogy...however that would be good to do...you could keep it in its context as they used to wear bathrobes :p lol ok not bath robes, but they were scantily dressed. or you can turn it into modern context and have them wear royal clothing coz oedipus was the king hence he had lots of bling bling :p

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I seriously think that some of the best design IPs take a different spin on a play. One of the directors folios at onstage the other year took the classic greek drama "Women of Troy" and turned it into a story of Afghany women. That was tops! She took something that could be played really traditionally, and made it modern, with relevence to todays society!

taxman

make poverty
HSC
Geez, sorry grk. I just assumed you were a guy since I thought the dude in your sig was you...and it says Justin under your name...but I assume that it's just gone way over my head. Sorry again...I'm still unsure of glycerine's gender as well.

Don't hate me cos I'm stupid.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
grk_styl said:
i'm sitting 9units of exams, coz ee2 is over and done :p

having 10units is scary...ive got fuck all to fall back on.
I accelerated IT in year 9/10.

I got 79 though so I bloody well better not need to fall back on it (I have to get <85 for Drama for it to count, which shouldn't happen. I hope.)

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
taxman said:
Geez, sorry grk. I just assumed you were a guy since I thought the dude in your sig was you...and it says Justin under your name...but I assume that it's just gone way over my head. Sorry again...I'm still unsure of glycerine's gender as well.

Don't hate me cos I'm stupid.
Umm, Thats adam Brody from the OC, and the CS means "loves justin" :p

And Glycerine (Erin) Is a chick! :p

freaked!

Confussed

ok so i also am an 05er, and i was thinking performance but after reading all of the posts i am a little worried about that! What should i do, i mean i could do critical analysis but already am for ee2. HELP

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
HSC
do what your most comfortable with. we don't know your strength and your weaknesses, so it's hard for us to comment :) However, talk to your teacher coz she/he knows you better. if performance is ur strongest point and you know you can set aside ur jitters on the day and perform ur heart out, then go for it. But if you feel comfortable writing critically and handing it up, then go for that :)

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)