What are some unsual things your lecturer/tutor/lab demonstrator said? (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
The best I've had :

If you've lost your keys, just integrate over the area of the room.

enthused

HSC
lol at chem lecturer's (nick roberts) wardrobe malfunction...his microphone fell
and when trying to show that molecules are 3D he raised one of arms out, Hitler style, then said, "oops i cant do that anymore"...he compromised by keeping his index finger pointing out, saying he'll be a referee...looked more like superman to me...:haha:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
lol at chem lecturer's (nick roberts) wardrobe malfunction...his microphone fell
and when trying to show that molecules are 3D he raised one of arms out, Hitler style, then said, "oops i cant do that anymore"...he compromised by keeping his index finger pointing out, saying he'll be a referee...looked more like superman to me...:haha:
He is such a good guy.

I've had a few long conversations with him about chemistry in general.

LordPc

HSC
yesterday in MATH1131, this guy up the front asked Pahor a question about Gaussian Elimination. since he was like in the 1st row we couldnt really hear what he was saying from my position in the middle of the middle block of seats. after about 30 seconds of listen to the question, Pahor finally says "I have absolutely no idea what you are saying."

whole room cracked up

jeffchong

HSC
lol i think that lecturer u mention is Leon Wong. That guy is funny haha
LOL. I'm now having Leon Wong as my lecturer for ACCT 1B. He enjoys running up to students whenever they talk, and ask them to 'volunteer' explaining to the class what they were 'discussing' about accounting.

For FINS1613 I had one of the worse ever lecturer. His voice is so monotonous and his accent is simple sucks. When he lectured for the first time I got confused whenever he says 'calculate' - he says 'kay-kill-late'. I was like wut? Carried rate? (which makes no sense.. HAhahhaha)

_santa

HSC
"I dont like this question about Sherlock Holmes. I prefer contemporary drama. who here has read sherlock holmes?..." cant remember the rest but he kept complaining about it.
hmm...did he say he like the question where *open orange exam book* they gave you some facts and asked if Mrs A slept with Mr B or C, or something?

I like him too^^

Omiums Troll

HSC
Adam Micolich, My Quantum physics lecturer comes up with the best analogies for physical concepts.

I would recount some stories, but i would'nt be able to do them justice

MJ-47

HSC
ok so a couple of weeks ago i was in an aeronaughtical engineering lecture hosted by none other than that of john page and in this lecture he tried to explain the aerodynamics behind how a harrier jump jet works. and to convey his point he drew a simple sketch on the board and he put direct emphasis on the jets and cockpit...(he pretty much drew a huge penis on the board). and to top it off he drew jet streams emitting from the engines (which looked like pubic hair) after that the ppl who were paying attention (not many do for some reason) started shitting themselves.

sorry this takes to long to read. i hope this enlighted your day.

Last edited:

blackbetty69

HSC
Our accounting lecturer was like.

"So make sure you do the cashflow statements properly because if you fuck them up then...."......**pauses** ** brushes hair to side and collects herself** **pauses** "it can affect the entire results of your cycle"
So the break in the 2 hour lecture comes... and there was this little cheeky smile on her face hahah.

LordPc

HSC
not strictly the guy up the front but Blennerhasset had just shown us that the integral of 1/1+x^2 from -infinity to +infinity was pi. he found that to be a pretty remarkable result. then people for some reason people started clapping.

now the applause died down very quickly, and this girl said a little too loudy to the person sitting next to her "I dont get it", much to everyones delight.

enthused

HSC
Nick Roberts in chem 1021:

*when the lights randomly turned off in CLB7: you've heard of the eclipse, well this is just the techno version of it.

*CH3CO2H(aq) <---> CH3CO2–(aq) + H+(aq)... lets say, H+ is kylie and CH3CO2– is the male population..well if theres more males, theres more chance that kylie will choose one of the males than choose brad (perhaps he meant jason donovan??)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
In auditing -
Paraphrased because can't rememebr exact wording
"Audit assurance services are usually done by the big 4 firms such as E&Y, Deloitte, PwC & KPMG. They usually check over the work that smaller auditing offices do. Why? Well the students from UTS & Macquarie have to work somewhere!"

Then the whole "oOOoooo" thing echoed through the room where he replied
"we're celebrating 60 yrs of academic achievement here!"

was hilarious haha.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
In auditing -
Paraphrased because can't rememebr exact wording
"Audit assurance services are usually done by the big 4 firms such as E&Y, Deloitte, PwC & KPMG. They usually check over the work that smaller auditing offices do. Why? Well the students from UTS & Macquarie have to work somewhere!"

Then the whole "oOOoooo" thing echoed through the room where he replied
"we're celebrating 60 yrs of academic achievement here!"

was hilarious haha.
haha lol.
is it true KPMG is an agency that uses espionage on other businesses?
or just an "informant"?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
haha lol.
is it true KPMG is an agency that uses espionage on other businesses?
or just an "informant"?
haha, well it wouldn't be espionage if we knew about it would it? :p

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
In this morning's statistics lecture -

(after giving the usual short 'Just a couple of basic rules for when we're in lectures, please don't talk when I'm talking, etc' speech): "...and also, please don't do anything else that might be distracting to other students. I remember a couple of years back, in one of my lectures, there was a guy sitting next to a girl near the front. The girl was staring straight ahead at the lecture slides, and the guy was staring straight at the girl. Then he pulled out a pen, and next minute, BOOM! Shoved it straight up her nostril! *pause*...I'm not quite sure what he was hoping to achieve there, but she didn't appreciate it."

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
calculus lecturer talking about the numbers in front of the pronumeral, "or the co-efficient, if you wanna be anal about it"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)