What are some unsual things your lecturer/tutor/lab demonstrator said? (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
bringing this thread back.

lecturer sees some kid write something down:
'you know i have lectured in other countries. I go to America and I come in and say "Good morning!" and they are excited and say "Good morning!" back. I go over to europe and I come in and I say "good morning!" and they are not so happy because of the cold and they say "good morning" in a low voice. then i come to australia and I walk into a class and say "Good morning!" and they write it down!"

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
when the physics lecturer asked for an volunteer to come down and whack a stake into his chest with a hammer for a demonstration. real hammer and wooden stake.
It was a lead stake, yeah the Physics lecturer is hilarious.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
prusty in mechanics of solids (reading off lecture notes): "It is helpful to think of the beginning just to the left of the left end of the left end of the beam, with the initial value of the shear force equal to zero."

~everything you own is boxed to the left~

LordPc

HSC
my lecturer trying to explain why he wasnt prepared to give the lecture

"im sorry but ive been organising a lot of admin stuff for a whole bunch of courses and i had to do a presentation. so next week ill be prepared or i will have another excuse. one or the other"

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
During the 5 minute break of our very first lecture, the lecturer was mobbed by people asking questions. He kept trying to get away but had no luck until he said "Excuse me. I gotta go take a piss."
I found it funny haha. He is a greying man too and he said it straight at this one student. Rofl.

dawdlex3

HSC
During the 5 minute break of our very first lecture, the lecturer was mobbed by people asking questions. He kept trying to get away but had no luck until he said "Excuse me. I gotta go take a piss."
I found it funny haha. He is a greying man too and he said it straight at this one student. Rofl.
Flocking group of students can be pretty a pretty scary/annoying/frustrating experience for a lecturer. :guitar:

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
That is why questions should be asked DURING the lecture especially when the lecturer requests them.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Lol @ above

"in 4 years time, your calculations will be life or death"

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Psych lecturer:

"If anybody's phone goes off, I will make them stand up and sing "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion in front of everyone"

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Psych lecturer:

"If anybody's phone goes off, I will make them stand up and sing "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion in front of everyone"
Is that the crazy one?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
nope, lisa zadro

crazy one is dr. niko

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
:O :(

omie jay is so mean

shady145

Banned
HSC
oi u dont go to our uni :mad1:

*negs*
lol

engg1000 first lecture... "what have you done with your hands today" since it is heavily populated with males, there was a bit of laughter
that was when they were going through the projects available for the semester

rubookmark

HSC
Uni Grad
I laughed...friend (girl) next to me gave me a blank look like *what's so funny?*

I think I have a mind that goes to the gutter very quickly.

Sokolov

HSC
N/A
zeroth law of thermodynamicks

if man a is fuckign a woman and man b is fucking the same woman than man a is fucking man b.

well me mechanicks of solids lecturer says fun things (not that thermodynamik one) occasionally but he does not speaking loud enoughs

oi u dont go to our uni :mad1:

*negs*
AHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAWHAW

ah mcain youve done it again.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
econ2101 lect today:

lecturer: "2 hr lectures can get very boring. so throughout all the lectures im going to do weird things and you make a 'list of oddness' the person with the longest list wins a prize, a life changing prize at the end of sem"

weird things that he did:
- pretend tripped over the desk at the front
- walked out one door of the theatre still talking (had a mic on) then came back in another door talking the whole time like nothing happened.

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)