What are you attracted to? (1 Viewer)

The most important thing is:

• I'm a shallow person; how they look

Votes: 23 8.6%
  • I'm so deep; what's inside (eg personality)

Votes: 47 17.6%
  • I won't settle for anything less than looks and personality

Votes: 99 37.1%
  • It's not either; it's an unexplainable feeling

Votes: 98 36.7%

• Total voters

IcEy

HSC
I can't find myself attracted to anyone unless they're pretty, shallow me. I mean, I've nothing against people who aren't that nice looking; I'm not such a great looker myself. But so what? Who wants to wake up to an ugly mug every morning? Or even one morning.

Some unattractive people I know are the nicest people in the world, cause they have to put up with cocks like me...

I'd still wouldn't go for a girl who wasn't hot...you only live once.

LazyBoy

HSC
Casmira said:
if personality includes the girls self morals, then personality can make any girl seem gorgues, nothing like a girl who has great morals, thats a thumbs up
but what is moral in todays society? how do you define a girl with good morals. thats now where near as clear as a good personality or good looks

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
More than anything, I get attracted to a girl who is really confident about herself. Many of my past girlfriends have been like this to the point of arrogance.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
I like a girl who is sure of herself and her convictions, though not loud and pushy.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
LazyBoy said:
but what is moral in todays society? how do you define a girl with good morals. thats now where near as clear as a good personality or good looks
i guess someone whose beliefs & ethics are in alignment with your own, of course theres a million different ideas of what is moral, but its what you respect and admire that attracts you.

ChrisE

HSC
i get attracted to the girls that i least expect to be attracted to. they would be attractive of course but not super hot but they would have a small trait or something that grabs you, like they have really nice eyes or nice smile or they have a hot accent or something mysterious about them. little things that however subtle seem to grab me. i dont know if anyone is the same?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Looks and personality. If it's just looks then the relationship still feels somewhat unfulfilling and dull (and it would be better off as a strictly sex-buddies relationship), while if it's just personality you feel awkward that you enjoy the company of your partner yet not being physically attracted to her.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
JKDDragon said:
Looks and personality. If it's just looks then the relationship still feels somewhat unfulfilling and dull (and it would be better off as a strictly sex-buddies relationship), while if it's just personality you feel awkward that you enjoy the company of your partner yet not being physically attracted to her.
but if you REALLY loved her personality..wouldn't you not care about her looks? or you would find her beautiful in her own way that no one else could see?

but i agree with the majority of people here..obviously looks is what attracts you initially..but personality DEFINITELY has to be there for a decent relationship to form

Collin

HSC
N/A
em_516 said:
but if you REALLY loved her personality..wouldn't you not care about her looks? or you would find her beautiful in her own way that no one else could see?

but i agree with the majority of people here..obviously looks is what attracts you initially..but personality DEFINITELY has to be there for a decent relationship to form
You would find her personality beautiful in it's own way.. but it still wouldn't avert the fact that she is physically unattractive. I don't mean to be shallow, but people will always tend to look for mates with attractive physical features.. it's human nature. Say you find a guy with a great personality, but he was 4 feet, bald, morbidly obese, hairy, stank and had a micropenis would you still be with him?
There is no doubt that personality is king for a relationship, but you still have to be somewhat physically attracted to your lover.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
qualities they have to posses;
-honest
-trustworthy/loyal
-loving/caring
-education
-how they treat ppl around them/they have to have respect to others/old ppl etc
-know when 2 be serious and light/they SHOULD care about issues in the world!
qualities that don't matter;
-looks. They have to be presentable but that's about it. Thier heart is more important than looks, anyway generally if u like a person, that means that you usually like their appearance anyway regardless.

max

That which u feel becomes
HSC
sparkl3z said:
qualities they have to posses;
-honest
-trustworthy/loyal
-loving/caring
-education
-how they treat ppl around them/they have to have respect to others/old ppl etc
-know when 2 be serious and light/they SHOULD care about issues in the world!
qualities that don't matter;
-looks. They have to be presentable but that's about it. Thier heart is more important than looks, anyway generally if u like a person, that means that you usually like their appearance anyway regardless.
I have to agree :)

D.Larie

LazyBoy said:
yeah im well aware why most of them do it. those girls i play along.. its still unnatractive but yeah. But the girls who genuinely beleive it i dont like.
Shouldn't it be the other way round?
Girls who say "I'm so ugly...I gained 1.5kgs last week!" annoy me. Why isn't that personality trait unattractive?
They're looking for attention by saying things that aren't true - and at the same time, offending girls who are chubby or unpretty.

On the other side, girls who really believe they're unattractive are in need of good friends who can support them - just be being there.
Why don't you like girls like this?
Alot of guys keep saying about how Looks are important. Pfft. It's not our fault if us girls feel self-concious.

I don't get it. Why would you like a girl who plays the "I'm so fat and ugly" game but dislike those who don't?

LazyBoy

HSC
the fact that both her and myself know shes playing. im not saying its not an attractive personality trait. but its one i can putup with. But i wont date a girl without confdience. You can get chicks who are the side of a house, who will admit it and who are happy. you can get average chicks who are happy.

Im not saying i wouldnt date someone who thinks they are ugly, or fat when they arnt. Im just saying it IS an unnatractive personal quality.

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah. i dated a girl like it once. the best cure is having someone who loves you. lol

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I guess its a bit of all of the options, im into looks, who isn't, but its also a personality thing and a "feeling"

LazyBoy

HSC
yeah, well i cant say id date an overweight chick. cause im not attracted to them. and without attraction i will get no chemsitry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)