What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I think you'll find this is very much NOT the way to obtain a high band 6 mark :p
19/20 in a year 11 essay I didn't study for is good enough. :spin:

Maybe I should've done that for year 12 too.
Damn it!

lol

because it is just such a heavy read. makes war and peace look like the tv guide.

you should be proud of yourself.
hehehe

HSC
N/A
19/20 in a year 11 essay I didn't study for is good enough. :spin:

Maybe I should've done that for year 12 too.
Damn it!

hehehe
Perhaps I should clarify that there's a difference between Yr 11 and Yr 12 in terms of what's expected from students. There is also a difference between the expectations of Standard and Advanced students and I seem to recall you did Standard.

It's great you did so well, but that's an unusual circumstance and certainly not something that is likely to be replicated by other students, especially when there are far more appropriate texts available.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps I should clarify that there's a difference between Yr 11 and Yr 12 in terms of what's expected from students. There is also a difference between the expectations of Standard and Advanced students and I seem to recall you did Standard.

It's great you did so well, but that's an unusual circumstance and certainly not something that is likely to be replicated by other students, especially when there are far more appropriate texts available.
It was the AOS essay, but yeah, I don't think they expected much. :spin:

But the text was super appropriate, that's why I picked it when I started halfway through the first paragraph. Gosh. :p

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
i am currently reading Anna Karenina and I really really like it. it is good. yep.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
divine+comedy.jpg

great effing book...

make sure you buy or borrow the one with english translations... its an italian book...

Verify

HSC
Just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Time to watch the movie.

I'm probably going to read 1984 next.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Currently reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. A pretty decent read!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Trainspotting. What the fuck. It's almost impossible to read because of the Scottish accent it's written in. When do they start talking English?

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Trainspotting. What the fuck. It's almost impossible to read because of the Scottish accent it's written in. When do they start talking English?
seriously? it's written with the scottish pronounciation?

fuck clockwork orange was the same, i had to read it twice.
well i read it once. found a nadsat dictionary then read it again. do not want to watch the movie.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Here is an example: "He turned tae Raymie, whae wis steadfastly keepin shoatie at the windae." The fuck?

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Gave up on Trainspotting. That shit was too difficult to read. Plus, I was disturbed by my reaction to how good they were making heroin sound.

Now reading Buffett: The Biography by Lowenstein. Much less illicit drugs involved.

Alexis Texas

HSC
N/A
Gave up on Trainspotting. That shit was too difficult to read. Plus, I was disturbed by my reaction to how good they were making heroin sound.

Now reading Buffett: The Biography by Lowenstein. Much less illicit drugs involved.
haha dude ikr

when i watched/read candy and watched trainspotting i was like 'yeah i want to try it'

BUT JUST ONCE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)