What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

Lipin

HSC
Who Wrote the Bible? by Richard Eliot Friedman, and The Bible by (Not sure yet) at the same time.

HSC
Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

*Awesome read.*
did you find the main character annoying at all? cause i started reading this and found Katsa an epic pain in the backside. she's always scowling, surly and a total bitch to everyone, yet i'm supposed to believe deep inside she just wants to *help* people. is it worth reading past the first few chapters?

Last edited:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Damned Whores & Gods Police - Anne Summers

70's Feminist book, from an Australian perspective.

Sadiah

HSC
did you find the main character annoying at all? cause i started reading this and found Katsa an epic pain in the backside. she's always scowling, surly and a total bitch to everyone, yet i'm supposed to believe deep inside she just wants to *help* people. is it worth reading past the first few chapters?
Have you read the entire book?
I reckon it's pretty nice and different.
The love-story isn't cliche, imo.

Lol...about Katsa, well I did feel like she is heartless for killing all those people and yepp kinda bitchy for killing her cousin (unintentionally though:D)..but towards the end, she gets better. It's not her fault that she's like that. Imagine having to grow up without a mum, sisters, girl friends .... obviously you will be retarded..kind of.. :D

HSC
Have you read the entire book?
I reckon it's pretty nice and different.
The love-story isn't cliche, imo.

Lol...about Katsa, well I did feel like she is heartless for killing all those people and yepp kinda bitchy for killing her cousin (unintentionally though:D)..but towards the end, she gets better. It's not her fault that she's like that. Imagine having to grow up without a mum, sisters, girl friends .... obviously you will be retarded..kind of.. :D
no, i was a few chapters in. strangely for me the whole killing thing was understandable, she feels powerless to openly resist her uncle so she goes along with it. that's plausible, it's like kill or be killed (or run away and leave everyone you know, i guess). and obviously it wouldn't be natural for a person like that to be nice all the time after being forced to do that, but the least she could do was try to make up for it by being nice sometimes. but it was like she went out of her way to be nasty to everyone, even the people who befriended her. like raffin and that guy friend who proposed to her, whatshisname (it's been a while since i read it lol), who she knew for years. yet then po comes in and she warms up to him instantly. its like her personality was inconsistent. which sucks because where i was at the plot seemed to have potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)