What are your final UAC preferences? (1 Viewer)

Blaz-357

HSC
1. Combined Law @ UNSW
2. Combined Law @ USyd
3. Medical Science @ UNSW

Lou283

HSC
Mine is:
1 Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW
2 Bachelor of Commerce at University of Sydney
3 Bachelor of Commerce at Macquarie University
4 Bachelor of Business at University of Technology, Sydney
5 Bachelor of Business and Commerce at UWS (Parramatta)
6 Bachelor of Business and Commerce at UWS (C'Town)

I got an ATAR of 90.00 so should get MQ but I am giving the others a chance - you never know.

I am also going as a mature age student.

M@ster P

HSC
Pref no. Course code Course description

1 425005 Bachelor of Engineering (Civil/Mining/Environmental) at UNSW
2 603015 Bachelor of Engineering Civil, Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 3 603018 Bachelor of Engineering Civil (Structures), Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 4 603095 Bachelor of Engineering Civil (Construction), Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 5 603005 Bachelor of Engineering Civil and Env, Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 6 603105 Bachelor of Engineering General, Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 7 603035 Bachelor of Engineering Electrical, Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 8 603055 Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical, Dip Eng Practice at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at UTS: Undergraduate Admissions Personal Statement Guide - University of Technology, Sydney by 30 Nov 9 607009 Bachelor of Science (Physics) at University of Technology, Sydney
Non-Yr12 applicants may submit optional Personal Statement online at www.uts.edu.au/study/appform

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Considering your ATAR, you shouldn't need anymore. Put a few more courses in for giggles ^_^

B Viticulture and Wine Science

Charles Sturt University - Wagga Wagga

lol i didnt know that wine had its own science!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

B Viticulture and Wine Science

Charles Sturt University - Wagga Wagga

lol i didnt know that wine had its own science!
People will actually do that? :speechless:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
anyways, these are my final preferences....

1 511535 Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney
2 512400 Bachelor of Pharmacy at University of Sydney
3 300288 Bachelor of Commerce with Bachelor of Science at Macquarie University
4 512040 Bachelor of Science at University of Sydney

im a bit worried though because the cut off for preference 1 was 94.55 and my atar was 95.1, not even a full point higher than the cut off! do you guys think the cut off will rise above my atar this year? if it does, will usyd give me bonus points for my Band 6s and 5s???

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
People will actually do that? :speechless:
hahaha i have no idea
i guess some people do, since the cut off is in the 70s
otherwise itd be like in the 40s or something ahhahahaha

oh yeah and one of my friends who goes to CSU was telling me, she knew this indian girl whose parents forced her to go to uni (must be an indian thing) but she didnt want to go, so she just enrolled in that course.... she failed chemistry 1A like three times LMFAO!!! and apparently now shes gone to india to do medicine and when she finishes she is gonna come back here and practice o_O

Last edited:

HSC
DO people put course they'd like to do with higher ATARs than they got as their first/second or don't bother?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
hahaha i have no idea
i guess some people do, since the cut off is in the 70s
otherwise itd be like in the 40s or something ahhahahaha

oh yeah and one of my friends who goes to CSU was telling me, she knew this indian girl whose parents forced her to go to uni (must be an indian thing) but she didnt want to go, so she just enrolled in that course.... she failed chemistry 1A like three times LMFAO!!! and apparently now shes gone to india to do medicine and when she finishes she is gonna come back here and practice o_O
:/

DO people put course they'd like to do with higher ATARs than they got as their first/second or don't bother?
Do it because you never know - it has been said many times that the uni cut offs are inflated :)

mckensara

HSC
combined law USYD. :)

i talked to the really lovely law admissions guy (without realizing he was the actual admissions guy), and told him my ATAR and that i also have access under broadway, and he said something "astronomically out of the ordinary" would have to happen if i were not offered a place, and i said really? and he said well, i am the admissions guy...

and then backtracked that nothings for certain blah blah blah

haha so. fucking. content.

Last edited:

Lou283

HSC
I have - you never know =) Doesn't hurt to try, it doesn't affect you if you get your third preference. You will kick yourself if you find out you could of got in if you had just put it as your first preference.

spazamataz

HSC
Yeah, I don't want to get into communications at all....
1.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Commerce at UOW
2.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce at UOW
3.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of International Studies at UOW
4.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication (Advertising)/Bachelor of Business (Marketing) at CSU
5.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce at ANU
6.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Arts at UOW
7.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies (Advertising and Marketing) at UOW
8.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Communication (Advertising) at CSU
9.[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Bachelor of Public Health at UOW

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)