What Cars does everyone drive?? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Changed from my Dad's 2002 white Toyota Echo 4 door sedan to my very own car :D 2007 red Toyota Yaris 5 door hatchback. Got it last Friday :D except running costs are gonna be a killer. Oh well, that's what working fulltime's for!
Why would running costs for a 2007 yaris kill you?

lala2

Banned
HSC
Insurance is the main thing. Rego also isn't cheap. I dunno if it's a lot, but I calculated I'm driving at least 200km a week so I dunno how that'll work out in terms of petrol but it won't be cheap. I'm trying to keep costs down though, like driving slowly (hard to resist), and driving without aircon (not such a chore because in the morning it's cool and in the afternoon I work by the sea so there's a nice sea breeze on the way home).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Insurance is the main thing. Rego also isn't cheap. I dunno if it's a lot, but I calculated I'm driving at least 200km a week so I dunno how that'll work out in terms of petrol but it won't be cheap. I'm trying to keep costs down though, like driving slowly (hard to resist), and driving without aircon (not such a chore because in the morning it's cool and in the afternoon I work by the sea so there's a nice sea breeze on the way home).
Don't worry, 200km in an Echo/Yaris won't be expensive on a weekly basis. I estimate that your car probably uses 7L/100km even when not driving efficiently; so I'd say 14L per week? Running on 91 (or even the 10% ethanol blends) is no more than $1.25/L if you fill it up on any day other than Thurs/Fri when it's usually most expensive. All up, that equates to 14L * $1.25 = $17.50.

I personally don't mind driving w/o air cond- gives you more power and I like fresh air.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I found out that my 88' EA Falcon S-pack was one of the first off the line in the first week of the first month of the first year of production lol.

The aircon takes a huge wack of power from it. It's painful, but neccesary when drving in 37 degree heat with 75-95% humidity and a hot wind.

It's especially annoying because the A/C makes the engine overheat lol.

russs

yeeeee
HSC
ROFL.

200km a week expensive in a yaris?

I now fill up up to 4 times a week & spend up to $150. That's probably more than u'd spend in a month if you drive a yaris like that.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Lol, true XD.

I fill up twice to three times a week, and each fill up is 80 bux. My tank is 63 liters, the yaris'll use NOTHING compared to this.

rozymisty

HSC
yeah a yaris doesnt take much petrol to run, they are a small car after all and have very good fuel economy if you drive properly.

Im about to get a 07 corolla ascent..apparnetly does 7-8l/100km they reckon. Plus the dealer have just put on new tyres for me coz they were borderline and only had about 5000km left in them so they just changed them. And gave it a service.

For insurance even with having no rating, AAMI is going to be $1067 a yr! BARGAIn compared to $1590 with RACQ/ NRMA etc. Beats even YOUI.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow 200km a week

thats like, $15 a week lol so expensive. asians lol

ausbluesman why are you doing 1500km+ per week

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
No matter how you twist it the Yaris is going to be miles more efficient than most other cars people own... unless you own one of the new age very efficient ones!

The one thing I've noticed is my Civic is very good at getting under 10L/100km even if I drive it hard.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
my 206 gti has never gone over 9L/100km when i have trashed it
6L/100km when cruising at 90-100

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
My sister has lost her licence for 3 months so will probably drive her civic again since its more economic than the camry.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
wow 200km a week

thats like, $15 a week lol so expensive. asians lol

ausbluesman why are you doing 1500km+ per week
Dropping bodies for the mafia.

But seriously that was a typo... Once a week, twice a fortnight.

Everything is at least half an hour to 45 minutes away. My uni is an hour away... The next major city is 2.5 hours away. Tweed Heads is the most interesting place around, and is half an hour away. I tend to go somewhere every day.

I do a lot of miles per fortnight.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
LOL why the change? :( Fuel efficiency and reliability?

I'm planning to sell my 06 Civic VTi-L purely because it doesn't get driven much... I'll wait and see.
ahahaha omg
I thought it would've been torture to live with a civic when you have a perfectly good evo

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
ahahaha omg
I thought it would've been torture to live with a civic when you have a perfectly good evo
LOL I drive different cars to different parties :)

(in all seriousness, if I know I'm going to be sitting in traffic, I'll take the Civic which has comfortable seats & a crawling transmission, but if it's an evening or weekend run, take the slightly faster car)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)