What cars is/was everyone on their L's (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
2.0 awd Impreza
Mazdo Bravo turbo diesel.

The Bravo was cool

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
The power under the hood is reasonable. My dad's is 8 years old, never broken down, had one oil change and water is topped up every two years.
You've changed the oil once in 8 years?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
It may be a freak of nature... But it's never needed it. I didn't get it either, but I saw it as it happened, lol.
Lubricating compounds in modern engine oil start to break down after about 6 months. Even if you haven't driven the car at all, lubricating fluid still needs to be changed periodically.

What do mean it "never needed it"? It's preventative, you have service schedules for a reason, engines don't give any absolute signs they need an oil change (though if you check the oil, you'll notice it becomes darker/thicker, if it's an old engine the level may drop- in which case it really needs to be topped up/changed).

Good luck with your engine life lol.

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Graney said:
Lubricating compounds in modern engine oil start to break down after about 6 months. Even if you haven't driven the car at all, lubricating fluid still needs to be changed periodically.

What do mean it "never needed it"? It's preventative, you have service schedules for a reason, engines don't give any absolute signs they need an oil change (though if you check the oil, you'll notice it becomes darker/thicker, if it's an old engine the level may drop- in which case it really needs to be topped up/changed).

Good luck with your engine life lol.
Hey, it's not my car. Lol.

It's also down in Melbourne, I'm in northern NSW. The cars never broken down, or had any problems what so ever.

It's doing pretty well, don't ya think?

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
It's also down in Melbourne, I'm in northern NSW. The cars never broken down, or had any problems what so ever.

It's doing pretty well, don't ya think?
Not really, 8 years is no time at all for a modern japanese commuter car.

Keep up that treatment and you'll kill it years prematurely.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Graney said:
Not really, 8 years is no time at all for a modern japanese commuter car.

Keep up that treatment and you'll kill it years prematurely.
Again, it's not mine... Also, it's done about 9-10 trips from Melbourne to Northern NSW and back.

And I can't tell dad he's doing anything wrong. You know the type, tell them they're not treating their car right and they get their back up.

I check the Falcons oil every two weeks.

efhat

HSC
92 honda concerto.....still got it now on my reds....nice car im quite attached to it lol

Jake22

HSC
ahhh the memories of the Learner days....

i learnt in:
1974 LH SL/R 5000 Holden Torana
1974 TA22 Toyota Celica
AU SR Falcon (lol at ford)
80's AE82 Corolla twin cam (awesome little car, revs out to 7 thou lol)
and an 07 Yaris lol

can't drive the Torana anymore thanks to the ridiculous P-plate laws which they brought in because of a handful of imbeciles who can't drive and kill their friends through their idiocy. :(

globez

HSC
my brothers twin turbo supra :p or my honda prelude

LOLz i like powerful cars :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
ford territory or nissan navara. horrible cars to learn in, especially the latter.

i hate big cars and all i want in life is a little toyota yaris. thirty-five days until i can go for my p's =]].

red-butterfly

HSC
still on my L's (still havnt done my hours...)

anywayss !

Dad's 2007 Toyota Kluger [its freaken powerful!]

lala2

Banned
HSC
2001 Toyota Echo 4-door sedan. Nice car--the seat is at just the right height for me and easy to drive.

For work I've tried a 2003/4ish Toyota Corolla 4-door hatchback and it was heavier than the Echo and the seat is so low that the wheel's at my sternum.

HSC
I learn in my dad's boring old 1999 Toyota Camry sedan...I've still got another 88 hours to do in it, unless I do a few hours in my mum's 1997 Toyota Camry sedan...

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
range rover vogue supercharged
some old mazda
now my baby bmw one series

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Shitty 1989 Toyota camry crash it 2 weeks into my Red P. The car was brought on the day i was born too T_T.

xMrRand0m

HSC
I'm still on my L's. A 2003 model Toyota Sportivo and sometimes a 2005 model Toyota Hiace, manual though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)