What did you think of trials? (1 Viewer)

timinator1993

HSC
how did you guys find the trials? overall i thought they were easy, computing was easy as, and science i finished with over an hour to go....

klaris

HSC
Yeah, I found them fairly easy also. Well, not maths but I hate maths. Science was a bit on the harder side and History was easy as.

Btw, does every school in the state have the same trials? Or do they vary from school to school?

occer

HSC
N/A
I guess they would vary because trials are not mandatory.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
When i did mine, the school had made it.

And we didn't get any trials for computing XD

klaris

HSC
Yeah, we didn't get computing trials either. Has anyone done a PDHPE trial? People say they do it but I wouldn't think so considering you don't even do a SC Exam on it.

I loved my History exam because in a break between trials my friends and I stole a classroom and used it to brainstorm history ideas. When I walked into the exam I knew all the stuff, I could've answered 20 5-point answers I was that wired. I guess the coffee I got from the takeaway down the road didn't help either...

FTW

HSC
I didn't have computing trials, but maths, science, english and geography were easy.

annarh-saur

HSC
Uni Grad
science and maths was easy but geography was alright. i hate geography though. Ran out of time for history. ><" My history trials had so much 3/4 page responses, plus a 3 page extended response and 20 multiple choice in ONE hour.. my hand was like dead after. But overall, it was alright :p

klaris

HSC
Oh no, you poor thing. I had three 5-point question and one extended response (1 and a half page) as well as 20 multiple choice questions. I would've hated to do all that writing.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
back in year 10, all of our yearly exams except maths followed the style of the sc. The actual SC is easier than the trials.

our maths yearly exam was super hard. It had questions like evaluate tan^2(135+90). In the SC, it was so damn easy. It was just basic SOH CAH TOA trigonometry. Yet I did better in the maths yearly exam than the SC...

stress less year 10ers. Enjoy the last year of freedom. Enjoy year 11 too

klaris

HSC
I thought I would've been super-stressed for trials but I'm doing my HSC and they're only worth 10% so I was more like "pft."

Amogh

HSC
N/A
I thought I would've been super-stressed for trials but I'm doing my HSC and they're only worth 10% so I was more like "pft."
isnt it worth NOTHING? 10% is still quite a lot you know :p

how did you guys find the trials? overall i thought they were easy, computing was easy as, and science i finished with over an hour to go....
school have different trial papers. Else papers could be leaked as each school has varying dates for the exams. I havent even done my trials yet.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
SC is worth nothing. Trials were aight, some holes and obstructions were in various tests but overall, I did quite well.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
OMG. We have yearlys, trials and SC all cramped up within like 3-4 weeks at the start of term 4.

Riot09

HSC
i sucked at math but everything else i went alright in.proberly because we actually knew what were going to be in the tests whereas in math we just got a huge list and when it came to the actual test there was like 1 question for each year 10 topic and one and like 10 different questions from year 7-9 work which was b.s

FTW

HSC
Our trials were so easy (except history) and I averaged 90% without studying. The only mistakes I made in maths were stupid ones and they were all year 7+8 topic questions with maybe 1 or 2 year 9 and 10 topics. Very easy stuff but very rushed, 80 questions in 90 minutes.

English was so easy, almost everyone in the year got above 80% and thats saying something. Science was very easy as well, there was almost no prior knowledge from classes needed, just a basic understanding of science, it was almost all stimulus based.

Geography was so easy, I only lost marks in the long response (11/15) :( but other than that, trails were a walk in the park.

Also our school did not make our own test, we used another school's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)