What do employers think of UWS? (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
baby_pea said:
is kow_dude bullshitting? just o_O
baby_pea... i wish i was bullshitting !!

Sadly, it's straight from "The Good Universities Guide" 2005 edition whih i bought about a year ago. I think the 2006 edition is on sale now.

HSC
I dont get it. So independent studies have shown UWS so be supremely sub-par, and yet, people still go and waste there lives getting qualifications for there. Typical western-suburbs mentality if you ask me..

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
Lol also what uni are on the Northshore and Estern Suburbs??? Idiot.
East: UNSW, usyd, UTS

Northsore: UTS KRG, Maqu

HSC
Yeah totally lmao.

2006 update:

WHO'S THERE
Indigenous participation: *
International enrolments: ****
Cultural diversity: *****
Gender balance: **
Uglyness: *****

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
baby_pea said:
umm...uhhh....ok

i'm speechless right know...
about???

Hey guys do u know how long it takes the 525 to get to UWS, because I could drive (but have to share the car with mum) and the train will get me to parra in 15 but then have to catch the bus

HSC
natstar said:
I dont get how funny you are. You crack me up you idiot. I'm not even from Western syd, nor even sydney.idiot.

Anyone who thinks Parra is woop woop land must lead an incredibly shealtered life. It takes me 20 mins to drive from parra to syd CBD
Is it my fault that i wouldnt want to visit a place full of graffiti, scum, single mums, fat old woman, asians etc.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
erawamai said:
East: UNSW, usyd, UTS

Northsore: UTS KRG, Maqu
Oh how the mighty have fallen, one spelling error :eek: I must disregard your comments!

Oh before you go and find all my previous posts, I admit I am a shocking speller, however I don't find it indicative of one's intelligence perhaps in my case laziness

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
Oh how the mighty have fallen, one spelling error :eek: I must disregard your comments!
um...typo...why are you having a go at me? I'm not even the one that picked on Natstar's spelling in this thread.

I'm not the one who made maccas comments about uws.

All i've ever argued was that it is wrong for uws people to have double standards and generalise about other unis but then complain when people do it about uws. I also argue that it was wrong to say that people who do not go to uws don't know what hard work is.

Otherwise thats pretty much all I've said in this thread. Perhaps you could direct your comments more carefully in the future. Being a future lawyer people do not take to well to being wrongfully accused.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
erawamai said:
um...typo...whyare you having a go at me. I'm not the one who made maccas comments about uws. All i've ever argued was that it is wrong for uws people to have double standards.
I was being sarcastic, thats how you treated Nat, don't get upset

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
I was being sarcastic, thats how you treated Nat, don't get upset
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. I would hope that someone who hopes to make it into law would exercise independent judgement and not jump onto the case of supporting someone who advocates double standards. Which is essentially what you are doing by defending natstar.

I think I had a right to criticise Natstar for calling people from usyd arselickers. Just as she had a right to criticise people from wrongfully generalising about UWS. Her statement, however, was a assertion based on a generalisation. Something which she comaplains about ad nauseum when people comment about uws.

She made it clear she was joking. But OMG when people do it about about uws it isn't a joke. Can someone not be anymore hypocritical and contradictory? It's amazing.

My concern isn't really about uws. I don't know how good uws is. I've never been a student. But people who continually cannot say anything without contradicting themselves is just awsome to behold.

Last edited:

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
erawamai said:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.
Implying that I am unintelligent doesn't bother me, its not the first time. I am sure my intellectual capabilities don't come close to yours nor does my sense of humour

Really my point was things such as spelling ( I realised that the spelling was not you) and all these irelevant things you are nit picking really are pointless to fight about, you don't like someone commenting on your fault even if it only appeared once, you however are free to continue to complain about things said here over and over again, even if they were something said once in the heat of the moment. Don't take it personal it wasn't only directed at you

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
If you dont know anything about UWS, DONT POST. Its common sense. Some people here lack it.
I would ask you to do the same of every other uni :)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
Really my point was things such as spelling ( I realised that the spelling was not you) and all these irelevant things you are nit picking really are pointless to fight about, you don't like someone commenting on your fault even if it only appeared once, you however are free to continue to complain about things said here over and over again, even if they were something said once in the heat of the moment. Don't take it personal it wasn't only directed at you
You want to be a law student and you are complaining about nit picking? Are you serious?

As for nit picking...Nit picking is not pointing out that it is wrong to generalise about about other unis.

So...

Do you think it is ok for a uws person to generalise negatively about other unis but that it is seriously wrong for anyone else to negatively generalise about uws.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
It was in retaliation, and it wasent about the uni its about the people that go there, which seems clear to me the attitude characteristic of people on this forum that go there.
Two wrongs do not make a right dear. All you did was lower yourself to the level of people who generalised unfairly about uws.

Your cause of fighting against such unfair generalisations of uws is not helped when you do the exact same thing to other unis. Essentially all you arguments are rendered void because it makes you out to be a hypocritical. You weve even proud to confirm that you thought kids at usyd were arselickers, in your opinion, when it is clear you have never been to uws. Something which you are fast to point out to anyone who says anything unfairly about uws.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)