What do you feel when you drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

Kimblor

HSC
I felt like a huge weight had been lifted!
I did general maths and I know I could have done it with my eyes closed etc but I'd fallen behind and stopped caring :-/
so I developed a really bad attitude toward homework, class work + class in general. By the time I dropped it I was far too behind to be able to catch up
so instead of dropping Society and Culture I figured maths had to go...

It's much less of a burden knowing that I'm not gonna have to sit in the class not having a clue as to what's going on, but I did feel a bit bad yesterday when I got my report and my maths teacher had been really generous.

it was for the best, though :)

(and my dad was surprisingly supportive, I expected a lecture about maths being a staple kind of subject etc but he said if I thought it was best and would benefit me then it was fine by him.)

Last edited:

Shae92

HSC
I felt pretty happy when I dropped Maths :uhhuh:
Yes I know, many of you must be like" whhhaaaattt?!"
But I am soooo happy and free now! :angel:
I already have 13 units to deal with and I don't need maths on top of it all!
Oh well! At least I finished it on a good note = 86% in my year 11 yearly exam.:shy:

water89

HSC
I guess if you're really bad at it then sure drop it but ensure that youve given it your best..... In chemistry this year my half yearly theory was grade average LIKE I MEAN GRADE AVERAGE... i was so pissed off so i stopped trying think im going to drop this.....

But towards the yearly I decided that i wudnt go down without a fight and i ended up coming 9/120 (yes tons of people do chem at my school) in the theory, admittedly my prac screwd me

Emperor Lobster

HSC
My mum (a former maths teacher of all things) was furiously arguing with me when I chose maths ext 1, saying that it would just place too many constraints on my time and I drag me down like a lead weight. I was telling her no way, I can cop it, sounds like such an interesting subject! (ah, the naïvité of youth... even if it was only a year ago...)

Dropped it at the end of term 3, one of the most liberating memories in my schooling career.

Don't you hate it when your parents are right, and you know it, and they know it, and they give you that smug I-told-you-so look...

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
I haven't dropped, so I wouldn't know. =)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
felt incredibly good, although i was sad to drop d&t.

i had thirteen units so the whole no major project thing was extremely relieving.

although it made me angry because i love all my subjects except english. then it made me bitter about the forcing to do english.

wow it makes me angry.

jaaaaay

HSC
You should be feeling good, less units, more frees! I also dropped Chemistry at the end of Year 11.

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
dropped business at the end of last term, the end of an absolute waste of time

tenshi789

HSC
I was a bit sad when I dropped Ext English at the end of year 11, I was doing ok in it and it was a really fun class- my teacher was awesome. But I knew I wouldn't excel at it in year 12 and I had too many units, so it was the logical choice.

But I was really really upset when I dropped Chinese. I really wanted to continue learning it, and I felt I was letting down my teacher. But in the end, I was getting bogged down with all the work and assessments, and chose to drop Chinese, although one of my favourite, my worst subject, and one I didn't need for uni and could continue learning later.

imoO

HSC
tenshi789 said:
I was a bit sad when I dropped Ext English at the end of year 11, I was doing ok in it and it was a really fun class- my teacher was awesome. But I knew I wouldn't excel at it in year 12 and I had too many units, so it was the logical choice.

But I was really really upset when I dropped Chinese. I really wanted to continue learning it, and I felt I was letting down my teacher. But in the end, I was getting bogged down with all the work and assessments, and chose to drop Chinese, although one of my favourite, my worst subject, and one I didn't need for uni and could continue learning later.
omg...emily shao...

kara42

HSC
I dropped Ancient History and I felt so bad because the teacher is one of the nicest you'll find, and no doubt the smartest person I have ever met.
I felt like he thought I was dropping it because I didn't like him or something.
I know he didn't think that, but yeah.
I still felt bad.

verdades

HSC
I dropped out of chemistry, having told my teacher about 3 weeks earlier "I like you as a person, but as a teacher, I just don't respect you".

For me, it's bliss. Coupled with the vague disappointment that had I had a teacher I felt was good for me, I might have done really well in the subject.

le-foot

HSC
I felt what had to be done was done when i dropped bio. *Shrugs* I wasn't too emotionally attached to my subjects. I felt like I was doing a job.

Mountain Megz

HSC
It is your decison to drop a subject and your parents, friends and teachers can advise for it or against it but at the end of the day you are the student studying it.

I dropped Modern History because it was becoming too difficult as a Distance Ed course. I came 2nd in 9 people for my assessments and 3rd for the yearly exam. My teacher adored me and loved my essays but I found I was stressed out about the subject more than i enjoyed it as i felt it needed more study time thati was prepared to do and wanted to concentrate on my other subjects.

I love having a study period as i can put in more revision, do homework and have extra time to do my ag research project.

Just enjoythe HSC, it is not nearly as important as what it is cut out to be. Just do your best. not your dream best.

dp624

HSC
I love dropping subjects. Dropped bio at end of yr11. Dropped ext eng halfway through yr 12. Cos they were crap and weren't going to count.
On 10 units now =D

PattieBoi

HSC
I dropped Photography.

Picking it up over DT was the worst fregging decision I ever made.

agua.fuego

HSC
I was actually relieved in a way. Part of me was disappointed, but I was mainly happy that I could focus on the other subjects I really wanted to do well in.
I dropped Textiles and Legal (which was what I didn't really want to drop) but now it's so much easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)