What do you hate about USyd (1 Viewer)

TehAzner

HSC
N/A
The META Centre is basically the formal name for the language laboratory which is across the road from Manning. It's right next to a flight of stairs, to the right.

For me USYD is generally a very good uni with lots of facilities but here's some of my dislikes:

-The Merewether toilets... my god the stench...
-Fisher Library... it sometimes has this funky smell.
-Bosch Lecture theatres; the seats are uncomfortable as hell (except the newly refurbished ones)

4theHSC

HSC
After reading this rather popular thread What do you hate about UNSW I thought I'd make one here. So shoot, go on and tell us what you hate.
LOL I remember like 2 years ago I went to USYD library (fisher) and I left my wallet on the table, and all you see i came back and it was gone... this girl was sitting on the table and I was like "excuse me, did you see my wallet around here" and she freaked out, she started jumping and she was like "Look I have my own wallet, wanna search me? search my bag, I don't have it I promise!"... it was like wtf?! relax... apparently I left it at a different table :haha:... but yeah maybe some of the construction sites and all, don't like em much... and Fisher library rocks man! (I have a very close relative that works there part time :p)

scandium

HSC
N/A
Lecturers and tutors who have to say "you're all adults now".

We also need to breathe would you like to remind us of that?

That's my only hate.

HSC
Lecturers and tutors who have to say "you're all adults now".

We also need to breathe would you like to remind us of that?

That's my only hate.
I haven't had that experience. Actually, it's been quite the opposite. My education lecturer kind of treats us like little kids, 'teaching' us about common courtesy and manners. Ergh.

EDIT:

What I hate about usyd is how we don't get to fix our timetables ourselves and how they make you walk all over the campus lecture after lecture. Also, I the pressure they give you to get you into purchasing an access card.

nick1689

HSC
What I hate about usyd is how we don't get to fix our timetables ourselves and how they make you walk all over the campus lecture after lecture.
What, did you expect them to give you a buggy to zoom around campus or something?

shinninggum

wormy_000
HSC
Only been to usyd once, but here are a few points
- too many asians (same as uts and unsw) you're asian what you complaining about
- blatant left wing propaganda everywhere (just like every other uni)
- campus is too fucking big
make the broadest uni hates. you = no uni

HSC
20000 honours thesis

"It's only ten 2000 word essays with stickytape" - My Supervisor

I love Melinda ^_^

Lori.

HSC
skinny smoking bitches!

i've noticed a lot of them over the past few days; really anorexic looking, blonde and badly fake-tanned girls who just cannot put their cancer sticks down. I was waiting for a lecture the other day and this one girl had two in a row (well that seems really bad to me, anyways).

aneurysm

HSC
The stupid political organisations that spring up everywhere. I support freedom of speech, sure, and I know that most unis have ultra-left-wing parties and organisations and all that shit. That's fine, that's not what bothers me.

What does is how they shove it in your face all the time - this could be something that happens everywhere else as well, but it happens all the time at USYD. Those annoying people who stand there, virtually blocking your way and shoving their retarded crap that you wouldn't read anyway in your face.

I remember, on one of my first days, being interested in one of the "Support equal rights for gay marriage" stalls - this is fair enough, I think it's a valid argument. But the dude there saw me looking and came to talk to me. This would have been fine, but he did not shut up for about 15 minutes, even following me as the line I was waiting in progressed.

I just hate how they feel they have to shove it in your face ... it just basically means I'll never read any of their things because I don't want to deal with them.

/rant

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
20000 honours thesis

"It's only ten 2000 word essays with stickytape" - My Supervisor

I love Melinda ^_^
hope ur writing it in latex

instant fail if its an ms word document

lala2

Banned
HSC
I also hate shit partners/group people, pointless subjects (basically only 1 fourth year subject out of the 3 possible is worth anything), massive inbalance between credit point worth and amount of effort required, and the new email system. Sigh.

co6

Knight
HSC
The chem and carslaw buildings being ugly as sin (chem should look like Madsen/Anderson-Stuart, carslaw should look like Eastern Ave./New Law).

Redfern station

Chalk everywhere

People handing out crap

Access/stupidly overpriced food. (Never buy drinks from Smart Eats, go to the vending machines near the arcade machines)

UsydLisa

HSC
Lol, loving the hate thread.

I HATE teachers who are too anal about referencing... arrgh get over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)