• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you think of the HSC? (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hey namu did the excessive amount of maths studying last year make you tired/affect your motivation for this year?
perhaps it has made me tired.

But that was in term 1 where I was really struggling.

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
As salamu alaykum

1. wrong forum

2. must u post in annoyingly hard-to-read colour

3. Norma Khouri turned out to be a fake; that wasn't the writer's real name. She was a Chicago housewife, probably of middle-eastern descent.
so the story is real but the writer is a fake ?

random boy

HSC
I think that sometimes EVERYONE gets carried away by the HSC crap...

Its not the end of the earth..

spence

HSC
Okay okay, forgive me, I wasn't attempting to create some negative rant as a means of letting me say how horrible I think this year is etc. (though for some I guess it would be), - For me the HSC is challenging but I like school fine. But the actual system of it all; we spent all this time in junior years doing pointless busy work that doesn't provide skills expected for HSC.
And then, we do so many assignments and then we have exams, I just feel like it would be more beneficial is regards to our LEARNING if we only had to do one of the two instead of being under this constant stress of getting good marks. I guess a lot of you are just chasing a UAI number, and that's an appropriate goal, but come on, can't the Uni's do their own entry exams and the Higher School Cert. be completely different?

Don't get it? Okay go back to your UAI calculators.
Why should only one type of assessment be used? Some people are better at exams, some are better at assignments, it'd be completely unfair to only have one. And if you plan on doing anything at uni, you'd better get used to doing both, while under a hell of a lot more pressure than you are now.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
so the story is real but the writer is a fake ?
No! I did not imply story was real. Probably cooked up.

I remember reading about this Norma Khoury in the newpapers a few years back and it was later found that this woman was not Norma Khoury; it was I suppose just a made up name.

Have u tried googling 'Norna Khoury' ?

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
No! I did not imply story was real. Probably cooked up.

I remember reading about this Norma Khoury in the newpapers a few years back and it was later found that this woman was not Norma Khoury; it was I suppose just a made up name.

Have u tried googling 'Norna Khoury' ?
first of all Norma "Khouri" LOL

but i've heard that she made up the story, "i watched forbidden lies" but thanx 4 da info

EvilRobotMan

HSC
Not every single education system has the basis of assessments and exams. By the logic that some people are "better at exams", imagine if you only had to do exams at the end of the term, you'd have the whole term to practice writing exams instead of spending your time doing assessments....like the old system...if people are bad/better at exams well I don't beleive that is purely by chance, obv if you prepare heaps you will write better exams.

However, the Uni prep is a good point :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)