What do you think you're going to get in SC? (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
What bands are you hoping that you will get in English, Science, Maths, History and Geography?

Last edited:

PrettyVacant

HSC
I'll do alright in English Maths and Science. But I'm not too sure about Geo and History...

Xianyunyehe

HSC
回复: What do you think you're going to get in SC?

hey, can any1 tell me is band 6 means 90something, band 5 means 80something and so on......?
if it is like this, it will be really hard for me to get a band 6 in science.

Artemis.

HSC
I think I'll do alright in English, hopefully I do decent in Maths and Science as well. For History and Geography I'm gonna just hope for the best. Did well in my trials, but that doesn't guarantee success for the proper exams.

James747

HSC
Re: 回复: What do you think you're going to get in SC?

Xianyunyehe said:
hey, can any1 tell me is band 6 means 90something, band 5 means 80something and so on......?
if it is like this, it will be really hard for me to get a band 6 in science.
Band 6 means u get 90 or above after the slight scaling u get. And band 5 mean 80-89...etc...Getting a Band 6 in science won't be especially hard, cuz the actual test is easier than trials and u get that scaling (if it makes any big difference..)

And I hope to get the best possible =D

up2d8

HSC
N/A
is it just me or were the trials harder than all the past sc papers that u can do for practise:mad1:

Artemis.

HSC
up2d8 said:
is it just me or were the trials harder than all the past sc papers that u can do for practise:mad1:
My school, being the cheap bastards they are, just used the 2005 paper for our History/Geography trials.
Maths was pretty hard though, the highest mark being 81.5%, same goes for Science.

HSC
how does the marking work?
is it scaled? or based on wat your raw mark is?

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
LottoX said:
You get 50 automatically and the rest you earn in the exam.
o.0

203132 said:
how does the marking work?
is it scaled? or based on wat your raw mark is?
What happens is that the committee decides what raw mark gets the borderline mark ie. 90, 80, 70 etc, and they assign a mark to you based on your raw mark on a linear scale. So for example, if your raw mark is half way between the raw mark that'll get you an aligned mark of 80 and one that'll get you 90, you'd get 85 as your aligned mark.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I think I can get Band 6's Maths, Science and History:rofl: But Geography, and English? I think I'll do crap.

Advice for Geography: Bullshit well in the extended responses, and you'll get full marks :p

TNguyen

HSC
lol u don't get 50% internally do u? wateva raw mark u get on the day is the mark u see on ur certificate. i doubt it gets scaled.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm just curious, but has anyone in previous years received 100% for all the SC exams?

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Science and math band 6(hopefully)..english, happy with a high band 5 and geo and hist trying for 6

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Just 6 Days to go :rofl:

Last edited:

topdeck

HSC
Artemis. said:
My school, being the cheap bastards they are, just used the 2005 paper for our History/Geography trials.
Maths was pretty hard though, the highest mark being 81.5%, same goes for Science.
lol our school did exactly the same for the multiple choice section of science. I'm hoping to get band 6's for everything...except maths that is.

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
Can someone please explain how the scaling for the SC works?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Artemis. said:
Our schools bought our exams for Science, Maths and English from independent companies, and I'm sure most schools do this. History/Geography was made from our teachers, and it was quite easy.

However, our highest mark in english was only 82% :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)