What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

which uni?

• Total voters

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
Re: the big question WHAT UNI DO YOU WANT TO GO TO AND WHY!

newcastle is the only one i want to go to.

nicko1990

p-plater
HSC

for comm/law, it seems like the general consensus is that usyd has the better law school, unsw has the better business school, so it evens out in combined comm/law. anyone have any ideas or can share insights on this?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC

nicko1990 said:
for comm/law, it seems like the general consensus is that usyd has the better law school, unsw has the better business school, so it evens out in combined comm/law. anyone have any ideas or can share insights on this?
Ive heard that USYD isnt necessarily the 'best' law school its the 'oldest' law school, therefore making it more prestigious.

Of course thats just hearsay, so may not be true.

MonKazzar

HSC

Macquarie for me...
Everytime I've been there... I feel like it suits me perfectly... ALSO I did a mini art course there for a day through school and it was amazingly good.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

veloc1ty said:
I would probably be able to get into BPsych but I don't know if I like it enough to lock myself in... if only UNSW had a B Lib Studies.
why so hellbent on UNSW?

HSC

-may-cat- said:
why so hellbent on UNSW?
Edit: Not hellbent on UNSW, just heard it had better psychology. But I've been reading more and it appears they are the same. In short: very confused and will likely be changing preferences right up till January. >_<

Last edited:

bheck7

Don't shoot the messenger
HSC

why was wollongong not an option? anyway, i want to go to newcastle as the course uai is lower than sydney. or wollongong, because it's more convenient.

HSC

For law I want to go to USyd because its beautiful, prestigious and I'd make so many friends living on campus.

However, in all probability I won't get the UAI so I'm going to Newcastle. Primarily because it is close and I can live at home, but also the law facility is well regarded and heavily supported by the Newcastle Law Society and the course is so small that I'll get to know the lecturers/other people. Plus I expect to be towards the top of the Newcastle course.

HSC

Hmm, this sure conflicts with the other uni poll.
USyd in the lead by heaps.

patty4848

HSC

University of Queensland - doesn't get much better =D

HSC

definitely unsw!!!!!

i put all my 9 uni preferences at unsw coz they offer the courses im most interested in!
not to mention i live like half an hour walk from there!

in fact, im using their computers in the library rite now to post this msg!

i'd like to study a combined degree of engineering/science and unsw is ranked the best engineering faculty in australia, so unsw is the answer for me!

HSC

kevinx2 said:
Hmm, this sure conflicts with the other uni poll.
USyd in the lead by heaps.

yeh coz i think usyd is considered a very prestigious uni and im pretty sure its also becoz those who live far from the sydney metropolitan region can just easily take the train to central and just walk from there... :p

HSC
I have absolutley no idea what I wish to do post-HSC. I think i might have changed my prefferances 1000 times.

Id want to go to USYD, in all honestly, because its close to get to. And besides, due to the fact I have no idea about where to take my life, Ill probably do arts for a year. I feel that i might be able to counterbalance my oarent's hate for Arts with their acceptance of USYD.. and might be able to walk out alive.

might.

old.skool.kid

HSC
Wow no one likes Wollongong, that and macquarie are my top preferences, the other Syd unis are too high for psych.

dp624

HSC
UAI Countdown

Well, seeing as how we have a Results Countdown thread, how about a UAI one?

68 hours and 59mins 25 sec

What are people's aims and courses?

Last edited:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Re: UAI Countdown

dp624 said:
Well, seeing as how we have a Results Countdown thread, how about a UAI one?

65 hours and 59mins 25 sec

What are people's aims and courses?
DP
the widgets are stressing you more
DISABLE, I SAY!

as for UAIs I'm not as stressed as for results, because results are generally a good indication of UAI. once I get past 6am Wed I should be fine divine.

oh and my dream course is Advanced Arts at USYD; I need 98.6 which I think I can achieve easily. My personal goal however is 99.3+ just because I know I can achieve to that level or higher. So I guess my personal goal is making things much more stressful, but whatevs. Good to have something to aim for.

Yourself? Actuary, right?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC

fallenstar said:
DP
the widgets are stressing you more
DISABLE, I SAY!

as for UAIs I'm not as stressed as for results, because results are generally a good indication of UAI. once I get past 6am Wed I should be fine divine.

oh and my dream course is Advanced Arts at USYD; I need 98.6 which I think I can achieve easily. My personal goal however is 99.3+ just because I know I can achieve to that level or higher. So I guess my personal goal is making things much more stressful, but whatevs. Good to have something to aim for.

Yourself? Actuary, right?
Yeah, I wanted to do Adv Arts, did Adv Science instead I'm now regretting it. Good luck!

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

88.00 for B Civil Engineering @ UNSW (might add in B Science (Psychology) as well)

Realistically need 83.00 using Bonus Points.

Otherwise I'm aiming 95

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)