What DONT you like about YOUR uni (1 Viewer)

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
uts:
- crappy teachers in my computing section of my degree, aka foBbY teachers
- 45 min travel and stupid cityrail making that like 30 min wait for nearly evry train ride -_-; which is sort of unrelated to uts, but still...
- grrr.. stupid fob teachers. why do they even get hired...

chookyn

poulet de montagne
HSC
We have possums too, they make scary noises at night. and mosquitoes. there's also a gorgeous fluffy cat that visits the residence halls occasionally...

a few weeks ago, there was an escaped cow running around on campus near the library. Now THAT was amusing!

no parking issues here. you dont even need a car here, everything's within easy walking distance. nice gardens and grass too (except in some places there's lil bindii patches), generally no huge crowds, you can usually always find the book you want, the lecturers know you by name and actually say "hi" and chat to see how you're going, out of class time.

sometimes its hard finding a computer in the library at peak times (i.e. when everyone's assignments are due) but that's about it. it's so relaxing, can't complain really.

evilc

I am a fish
HSC
*The dodgy fuckers that break into the cars and on-campus accomodation at Newcastle. If i catch one of the bastards in my room i'm going to stab them to death with my phillips head screwdriver :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
evilc said:
*The dodgy fuckers that break into the cars and on-campus accomodation at Newcastle. If i catch one of the bastards in my room i'm going to stab them to death with my phillips head screwdriver :D
I didn't realise there was such a problem:(.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
My friend goes to both the Conservatorium and Macquarie U. So when she's at USYD, she wears her Macquarie Uni jumper, and when she's at Macquarie, she wears her USYD jumper.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
lol ok well what i hate about usyd....

1) the endless stairs.....stairs suck
2) the ugly veiw of uts when ur on the front lawns...combined with teh ugly view of fisher
3) the fact that they seem to only ever have one copy of the core texts of assessments...and that they are always in special reserve
4) my stupid 3-5 hours breaks daily
5) when it rains uni pretty much floods
6) lack of seating....

but i pretty much love my uni lol...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
another thing about macquarie

the frickken library during exam time! Its bloody packed and you spend about 30 minutes trying to find a seat that hasn't been taken... eg you don't get the choice of where you sit! arrggh, theres even people sitting on the floor just to study omg! Bloody hell macquarie needs a whole new level just dedicated to study areas! farrr out!

thats why im at uws library hehehe it's empty! and you get the choice of where you want to sit and and they have power outlets everywhere!!! for those of us who have a lap top u can even hook it up to the internet. At macquarie they only have that in certain buildings where theres the wireless thingy mah jig, have any of u macquarie pple tried it yet? but yeh you can't hoook up to the net in the library ARRGGH!!

bex

HSC
*The dodgy fuckers that break into the cars and on-campus accomodation at Newcastle. If i catch one of the bastards in my room i'm going to stab them to death with my phillips head screwdriver
argh! those people are so irritating! im at CSU Bathurst- one of my friends had all 4 wheels and tyres stolen from his car last night cause security is a piece of shit in the outside carpark and they dont do their job cause theyre too busy twiddling their thumbs!
So.. that said.. here is the list:

Shitty Things about CSU- Bathurst

*The fucking flies.. argh! theyre only there in summer but ive almost gone mental a couple of times.. THEYRE EVERYWHERE!!!

*The coffee club- one particular group of boys who have decided that the eastern suburbs is where civilisation ends. (wtf are they doing in bathurst then hmmmmm?)

*unavailability of parking.. in order to avoid my first comment, one must fight to the death over a few scabby spots at the radio station. such presents the problem of other people parking you in!

*dining hall food- yuck.

Last edited:

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Problems with University of Wollongong:

- The Arts faculty and their issues with CompSci students (namely, me).
- The train station is too far away (a fifteen minute walk).
- Bus rides take an hour to an hour and a quater long.
- Prices.
- The ducks. I swear Big Red needs to have his head chopped off and be fed to a bunch of students.
- The rabbits (I hate rabbits).
- The peacocks. They're so pretty, but they're hidden away. They should be put on the duckpond lawn with the ducks, there can be a fight.
- Building 3 is too far away from everything.
- 40.HOPE to building three in a matter of minutes is impossible.
- The duckpond lawn is the scene for many hippy activities.
- When the university says it's food court is International, they mean 'Asian.'
- The library doesn't give access to it's lifts unless one is disabled, or a staff member of the library. (Forget the fact that I was limping into the library, and fell down the stairs twice, the fuckers can't give me access to the lift).
- Fuckheads exist that expect you to do their assignments for them.

I'll stop here.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
poloktim said:

- Bus rides take an hour to an hour and a quater long.
- Prices.
- The ducks. I swear Big Red needs to have his head chopped off and be fed to a bunch of students.
- The peacocks. They're so pretty, but they're hidden away. They should be put on the duckpond lawn with the ducks, there can be a fight.
- The duckpond lawn is the scene for many hippy activities.
- The library doesn't give access to it's lifts unless one is disabled, or a staff member of the library. (Forget the fact that I was limping into the library, and fell down the stairs twice, the fuckers can't give me access to the lift).

I'll stop here.
mackinnon serves some pasta and lasagne...

also I have doubts of the "No MSG" signs

santaslayer

HSC
poloktim said:

- Prices.

I'll stop here.
There are no problems with UoW, the problem is poloktim himself...:uhhuh:

1) Computers and Arts don't mix. That being said, the Arts faculty probably has you on their blacklist. :p

2) Go on the bus, it's 60 cents!

3) Everything is cheap, tell me something that's expensive.

4) They're animals man...go feed them some wasabi and they'll leave you alone. :p

5) UoW is already small...think of the UNSW'ers.

6) What's wrong with that? Asia is the world...everything revolves around it..:p

7) Happens everywhere. You hang around with turds. :p

The only thing I hate about UoW is that the subject timeyable never corresspond with the train timetables...bloody cityrail...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)