What happens if board of studies finds two similar english essays???? (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
What happens if board of studies finds two similar english essays????

Would they get "0" for just that essay or the whole english course?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Don't plagiarise..

They could stop you from receiving your HSC.

wilsondw

HSC
What if the similar essays were from twins or triplets.......what would they do then?

Also, would that mean that its quite dangerous to give ur essays to ur classmates as they can just copy what u wrote in the HSC?

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
Similar as in neally identical,

comeone someone must know, do you get zero for the essay or the whole english course?

nightweaver066

HSC
What happens if there are 2 HSC papers submitted with the same student numbers?

madharris

HSC
N/A
1) If it's from 2 different schools then your fucked

However!

2) If it's from the same school, then they have to give you both the same marks. Whatever the first one got, the second one will also get.
They assume that it's from a teacher, so they warn the school about it. I'm not sure what happens if the school gets caught another time though

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
"This number does not include students found to have memorised an essay that is not their own and then reproduced it during an exam. This is usually penalised during the marking process, with students typically receiving zero for the plagiarised answer."

Usually, they don't record answers or anything like that due to cost and time constaints. The odds of two essays being very similar is extremely unlikely, especially considering how there are so many quotes in a text, different interpretations of each text and an almost infinite about of possible related texts.

Last edited:

Rohanco

HSC
What I want to know is what happens if someone has plagiarized, using an essay someone else wrote ina previous years HSC exam, does the BOS have the ability to sniff those rats out?

welbeck11

HSC
I give my essays to a lot of people in my year coz I'm ranked high so I want to help those people out who are lower. My question is what if they copy stuff from my essay, will I be in shit as well??

HSC
if you're going into uni, this is a good lesson...

never ever give anyone your unsubmitted work...in fact, don't give them any work of yours! At uni level, not only will the person copying be punished, but you will too, for allowing it to happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)