What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mmm_sofay said:
yes, you're making it look dull and boring.
and no, i dont have issues.

i've been been draged to church by relatives - it was boring, and pews are not the comfiest things to sit on at some ungoldy hour of a sunday morning or night.
They're a pain in the arse to go to sleep in. I think that's the point though.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i hope i dont look like u on bos to other ppl. i do try hard not to

HSC
- Psalm 139 talks about God knitting together a baby in its mother's womb. That's where God says it, in the Bible.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
pantha princess, you have much learning to do....

you can be christian but you can't walk around with a cardboard box around your head thinking everything has a purpose, everything is God's plan. You can still remain a devout Christian but be sincere about the worldly things around you....

God didn't attend Adam and Eve biting an apple, nor do I believe that God really wanted us to be so damn annoying and overpopulate....

What God inevitably created is beautiful, but we're creatures of independent thought, and what we do cannot be said as "God's plan". Thus not EVERYTHING is God's plan, such as the examples I mentioned above....

Last edited:

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
pantha-princess said:
- Psalm 139 talks about God knitting together a baby in its mother's womb. That's where God says it, in the Bible.
Thats like when jesus said it was easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven.

if it doesnt work for you, you can twist it to mean something else.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
my precious pantha.

ppl on here hopefully will b with me on this. i dont do it like u do. i just dont tell every1 they r going to hell. there is a thing called truth in love. which actually is a good thing. sometimes truth needs a cushion. cos otherwise the truth hurts a bit too much.

aside from that, ur preachin to the choir. i doubt u could convert me to ur legalistic pompous view of the world. God loves every1 despite wat we do, so dont focus on wat ppl do, just love them 4 who they r.

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
pantha princess, you have much learning to do....

you can be christian but you can't walk around with a cardboard box around your head thinking everything has a purpose, everything is God's plan. You can still remain a devout Christian but be sincere about the worldly things around you....

God didn't attend Adam and Eve biting an apple, nor do I believe that God really wanted us to be so damn annoying and overpopulate....
i am aware of things in the world. i come from a crap life prior to becoming a christian. i am much aware of the crap that sin has brought to the world. u can't presume to know all about my life in order to tell me i have much to learn about... sin isn't god's plan, but he knows its going to happen.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
beccaxx said:
my precious pantha.

ppl on here hopefully will b with me on this. i dont do it like u do. i just dont tell every1 they r going to hell. there is a thing called truth in love. which actually is a good thing. sometimes truth needs a cushion. cos otherwise the truth hurts a bit too much.

aside from that, ur preachin to the choir. i doubt u could convert me to ur legalistic pompous view of the world. God loves every1 despite wat we do, so dont focus on wat ppl do, just love them 4 who they r.
you;re cool.
this pantha person seems to prancy around bos going "look at me1 im so godly like! im going to heaven coz im preaching about gods way on an internet forum therefore, im going to heaven, you're going to hell! look at me! listen to me preach! etc etc"

something along the lines of that.

HSC
beccaxx said:
my precious pantha.

i answered a question that was asked specifically about heaven/hell. i wouldn't normally say that to ppl unless they asked like the person did. truth doesn't need a cushion, truth needs love. and love is truth, therefore if it means someone is going to hell, when they ask me what i believe, i will tell them.

im not trying to convert you, thats gods job.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
pantha-princess said:
i answered a question that was asked specifically about heaven/hell. i wouldn't normally say that to ppl unless they asked like the person did. truth doesn't need a cushion, truth needs love. and love is truth, therefore if it means someone is going to hell, when they ask me what i believe, i will tell them.

im not trying to convert you, thats gods job.
:O thats Gods job ???? :eek:
do u no who ur talkin 2? obviously not.
i wonder if ne1 els laughed like i did, im already a christian.

love is the cushion. if someone is gonna fall on concrete at least hav a matress 4 them.

Lainee

HSC
Aww guys, don't gang up on pantha because she's trying to explain her moral inclinations. Reading through her posts, she's said nothing insulting or derogatory about anyone's beliefs - just what her moral beliefs lead her to conclude. You may believe she's wrong, she believes you're wrong. There's no right answer. Stop trying to force the other party to agree with it, it's not going to happen.

HSC
beccaxx said:
:O thats Gods job ???? :eek:
do u no who ur talkin 2? obviously not.
i wonder if ne1 els laughed like i did, im already a christian.

love is the cushion. if someone is gonna fall on concrete at least hav a matress 4 them.
heres the truth, i know your a christian. but u have crazy ideas... sex outta marriage has to be valuable? read the bible... cushioning god's word? read the bible...

im going by what God says, not what I think other people will like me for...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
pantha-princess said:
i am aware of things in the world. i come from a crap life prior to becoming a christian. i am much aware of the crap that sin has brought to the world. u can't presume to know all about my life in order to tell me i have much to learn about... sin isn't god's plan, but he knows its going to happen.
i apologise for assuming anything about you, i stepped out of line there....

i just don't think it's a good idea to fit everything in the "God's Plan" box. It's a good attitude when you're in shitty situations, to think there is a bright side to it, and that you'll grow from the experience etc. And that the miracle of birth is meant to be a huge blessing etc....

There are just some things that should have never happened. Like car accidents to people our age (or any age I suppose), people getting raped, being a pregnant 13 year old rape victim, being born in starving families etc. "God's Plan" doesn't cut it.

It should have never have happened, and that's all there is to it.

HSC
Lainee said:
Aww guys, don't gang up on pantha because she's trying to explain her moral inclinations. Reading through her posts, she's said nothing insulting or derogatory about anyone's beliefs - just what her moral beliefs lead her to conclude. You may believe she's wrong, she believes you're wrong. There's no right answer. Stop trying to force the other party to agree with it, it's not going to happen.
Thankyou! =)

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
i apologise for assuming anything about you, i stepped out of line there....

i just don't think it's a good idea to fit everything in the "God's Plan" box. It's a good attitude when you're in shitty situations, to think there is a bright side to it, and that you'll grow from the experience etc. And that the miracle of birth is meant to be a huge blessing etc....

There are just some things that should have never happened. Like car accidents to people our age (or any age I suppose), people getting raped, being a pregnant 13 year old rape victim, being born in starving families etc. "God's Plan" doesn't cut it.

It should have never have happened, and that's all there is to it.
thats ok... =)
and i agreed with you. that stuff is crap. i hate it. i come from a background where ive had alot of stuff happen to me that i dont believe were God's plan... that stuff is hard to deal with, really hard sometimes.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
pantha-princess said:
thats ok... =)
and i agreed with you. that stuff is crap. i hate it. i come from a background where ive had alot of stuff happen to me that i dont believe were God's plan... that stuff is hard to deal with, really hard sometimes.
You're a hopeless arguer.

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
pantha-princess said:
heres the truth, i know your a christian. but u have crazy ideas... sex outta marriage has to be valuable? read the bible... cushioning god's word? read the bible...

im going by what God says, not what I think other people will like me for...
excussse me???????
i never ever sed have it outta marriage. i sed it was valuable and thats why i was saving it. i also sed u cant expect other ppl to live by christian values.

cushioning gods word?

wll why dont we just not 4 a sec? God says that with the measure u use to judge ppl, it will b measured to u. so the harder u are on some1 the harder he is on u.

Jesus hung out with prostitutes, lepers, tax collectors and sick ppl while he was on earth. he never got up and sed u are all going to hell. he just loved them. not all of them stuck round or changed, and even tho i am sure he wanted them to, he didnt throw it down their throats. who really would want to hav followed a man who told them all they were bad naughty ppl. instead, he went to a cross and died cos he loved them so much and didnt want them to hav 2 go to hell. in doing that, he sed, hey, despite ur sin, i love u. if u say sorry and believe in me, u can go to heaven, despite ur crappyness.

u can still b way bad an b a christian. christians arent goodies. they r just 4given. but as time goes on and u get to know God more, u wana be good. and thats why u change stuff and do stuff he suggests.

either way princess, ur judging and critical comments are far from the kind of life i would want to lead as an example of a christian.

Lainee

HSC
pantha-princess said:
Thankyou! =)
Hunni when your reasoning for deciding something is based on religious ideas, it's always best to say "I think this because of my religious belief". It seems people are only tolerant up to this point - when you go any further and point out exactly -what- reasons, people start pulling out the ammunition and attack the religion itself.

It seems that the social trend is to be mask a mocking attitude towards religion and it's often conservative doctrines under a blanket of 'I'll tolerate this because it's religion, but give me the chance and I'll tell you why your religion is totally wrong".

I totally respect your beliefs and I think it's awesome that you've formed such a strong foundation of values for yourself but have not denounced everyone else's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)