What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I can't wait until beccaxx starts swearing.

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
beccaxx said:
excussse me???????
i never ever sed have it outta marriage. i sed it was valuable and thats why i was saving it. i also sed u cant expect other ppl to live by christian values.

cushioning gods word?

wll why dont we just not 4 a sec? God says that with the measure u use to judge ppl, it will b measured to u. so the harder u are on some1 the harder he is on u.

Jesus hung out with prostitutes, lepers, tax collectors and sick ppl while he was on earth. he never got up and sed u are all going to hell. he just loved them. not all of them stuck round or changed, and even tho i am sure he wanted them to, he didnt throw it down their throats. who really would want to hav followed a man who told them all they were bad naughty ppl. instead, he went to a cross and died cos he loved them so much and didnt want them to hav 2 go to hell. in doing that, he sed, hey, despite ur sin, i love u. if u say sorry and believe in me, u can go to heaven, despite ur crappyness.

u can still b way bad an b a christian. christians arent goodies. they r just 4given. but as time goes on and u get to know God more, u wana be good. and thats why u change stuff and do stuff he suggests.

either way princess, ur judging and critical comments are far from the kind of life i would want to lead as an example of a christian.
are you trying to tell us something???

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
beccaxx said:
Jesus hung out with prostitutes, lepers, tax collectors and sick ppl while he was on earth. he never got up and sed u are all going to hell. he just loved them. not all of them stuck round or changed, and even tho i am sure he wanted them to, he didnt throw it down their throats. who really would want to hav followed a man who told them all they were bad naughty ppl. instead, he went to a cross and died cos he loved them so much and didnt want them to hav 2 go to hell. in doing that, he sed, hey, despite ur sin, i love u. if u say sorry and believe in me, u can go to heaven, despite ur crappyness.
Very true very right and something that thinking about has restored some more of my faith...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Lainee said:
Hunni when your reasoning for deciding something is based on religious ideas, it's always best to say "I think this because of my religious belief". It seems people are only tolerant up to this point - when you go any further and point out exactly -what- reasons, people start pulling out the ammunition and attack the religion itself.

It seems that the social trend is to be mask a mocking attitude towards religion and it's often conservative doctrines under a blanket of 'I'll tolerate this because it's religion, but give me the chance and I'll tell you why your religion is totally wrong".

I totally respect your beliefs and I think it's awesome that you've formed such a strong foundation of values for yourself but have not denounced everyone else's.
I like what you're saying and I believe in it.

But you're not high and mighty to say who is good and who isn't here. We weren't at all at each other's throat, mocking, ganging up, and all this "there is no right answer" stuff.

We are engaging in conversation. The fact that there is no right answer leaves room for intellectual exchange, rather than dropping everything and concluding "oh well, you have your views I have mine". We wanted to exchange ideas.

mmm_sofay, becaxx and I are very tame at the moment. Ganging up (Or Flaming) involves swear words, bold and extremely large writing, and we haven't.

This is very tame... and I find you slightly patronising :(

Last edited:

Lainee

HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I like what you're saying and I believe in it.

But you're not high and mighty to say who is good and who isn't here. We weren't at all at each other's throat, mocking, ganging up, and all this "there is no right answer" stuff.

We are engaging in conversation. The fact that there is no right answer leaves room for intellectual exchange, rather than dropping everything and concluding "oh well, you have your views I have mine". We wanted to exchange ideas.

mmm_sofay, becaxx and I are very tame at the moment. Ganging up (Or Flaming) involves swear words, bold and extremely large writing, and we haven't.

This is very tame... so don't act like the hero or anything.

I find it extremely patronising....

You don't need to swear, write in bold etc. to gang up on people - I did notice some snide remarks, I can't remember who they were from, but that is a form of ganging up. I'm sure if you were all swearing and forming unintelligble arguments, pantha would not still be here replying, but intellectual bullying - particularly snipes at someone else's religious beliefs - doesn't promote conversation at all.

I'm not trying to police anyone, so I don't know why you say that I was patronising. I'm just hoping to remind pantha that more often than not, religious arguments are not taken very well at all, and that I think she shouldn't get unsettled by the attempts to question the foundation of her religion. Just because I don't want to add arguments of my own doesn't mean I'm trying to high and mighty - I just wanted to let her know I found her system of values very inspiring.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Emily. said:
religion makes me wanna spew again
yeh seriously this thread has gone awry... it has nothing to do with religion
*awaits tulipas out burst*

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ur_inner_child said:

This is very tame... and I find you slightly patronising :(
I scrolled through the last few pages, skim read them really. Purely because they were a religious debate. Virginity is not all about religion, I know many people would argue against this but virginity has a lot to do with oneself and decision making based on the information they have at hand.

So yeah i'm goin to start fuckin flaming

pantha princess - Shut up. Your post was about God and christians and ooh wow I'm born again and can thus make gods ideas fit the mold of what I do. It's all been said before.

I meant this thread to make people think, not about God and their opinions on religion but about our own thoughts in virginity and the social ideas surrounding it. Religion has to do with it, but a religious debate was never meant for this.

Think outside religion (if thats possible for some of you, pantha princess, I think your God has even given up hope on you being open minded). Think about what you youself know about virginity and what we've been taught. Why do we hold something physical as so pure?

You cannot discuss virginity without discussing religion but you can talk about it in a more secular way. SO LETS FUCKIN DO IT, its not all about God and what he says because people have severely different beliefs on that (which leads into a religious debate not about virginity so much) but it is about what the social ideas that we have been conditioned into (thanks jago). it's about why we consider sex which is such a physical and animalistic thing to be so goddamn special

Virginity is important to many people, to keep it sacred. Why is it sacred? the argument that its all we have to give is bullshit. We have our minds and personality and wit. Things that make us who we are. Sex is something everyone has and not everyone has what the personality you can offer.

So instead of ranting about god and beliefs, think about your own position in a social context, in a physical context, in a way where you can have your own thoughts without religion.

Please, agree with me, debate me, flame me whatever! But in relevance to this post, rather than my God, this God, that religion, these beliefs.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Tulipa said:
I scrolled through the last few pages, skim read them really. Purely because they were a religious debate. Virginity is not all about religion, I know many people would argue against this but virginity has a lot to do with oneself and decision making based on the information they have at hand.

So yeah i'm goin to start fuckin flaming

pantha princess - Shut up. Your post was about God and christians and ooh wow I'm born again and can thus make gods ideas fit the mold of what I do. It's all been said before.

I meant this thread to make people think, not about God and their opinions on religion but about our own thoughts in virginity and the social ideas surrounding it. Religion has to do with it, but a religious debate was never meant for this.

Think outside religion (if thats possible for some of you, pantha princess, I think your God has even given up hope on you being open minded). Think about what you youself know about virginity and what we've been taught. Why do we hold something physical as so pure?

You cannot discuss virginity without discussing religion but you can talk about it in a more secular way. SO LETS FUCKIN DO IT, its not all about God and what he says because people have severely different beliefs on that (which leads into a religious debate not about virginity so much) but it is about what the social ideas that we have been conditioned into (thanks jago). it's about why we consider sex which is such a physical and animalistic thing to be so goddamn special

Virginity is important to many people, to keep it sacred. Why is it sacred? the argument that its all we have to give is bullshit. We have our minds and personality and wit. Things that make us who we are. Sex is something everyone has and not everyone has what the personality you can offer.

So instead of ranting about god and beliefs, think about your own position in a social context, in a physical context, in a way where you can have your own thoughts without religion.

Please, agree with me, debate me, flame me whatever! But in relevance to this post, rather than my God, this God, that religion, these beliefs.
bang... told, owned, schooled, learned, pwned, taught, shown
thank god someone said it

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
virginity can be about religon to alot of people
their religon says do not have sex before marriage
if you fear god and the punishment after life then you wont have sex b4 marriage

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
soha said:
virginity can be about religon to alot of people
their religon says do not have sex before marriage
if you fear god and the punishment after life then you wont have sex b4 marriage
understandable, a good viewpoint for this thread

but can we think about it in a more social context?

religion has been covered just a little too much in here

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Tulipa said:
understandable, a good viewpoint for this thread

but can we think about it in a more social context?

religion has been covered just a little too much in here
yeah i know...
but i just wanted to add it
maybe you should direct your question to non religious virgins
if religon isnt the reason for their virginity then what is?

also im curious what buddism and judiasm and hinduism and all religons say when it comes to sex b4 marriage..whats forbidden and whats ok..
not only froma christian perspective
but lets move on from religon shall we

cayte

Like soha sorta said, for many a person, faith is an extremely large part of their "social context". Indeed, if you don't identify religion as being part of a social context, where do you place it? That aside, I honestly believe that the ideas I expressed back on page 8 or 9 still ring true today. Physical pleasure is something of which to be ashamed because it apparently serves no "higher purpous". Sweet, fattening food that makes you feel good is referred to as sinful, a guilty pleasure, something that tempts the weak body. So it is with sex. You yourself tulipa have said you admire the will power that must be involved in remaining a virgin: that's what it's about. It's about the human mind exercising control over the selfish, bestial body, which equals virtue, strength, honour, something over which to be proud.

Being a slut, I don't subscribe to this view, but I understand it.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
sarah im sorry that this has happened...
some people really are ignorant

im suprised laraB hasnt come here to say something stupid

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
so guys wats so good bout being a virgin.... back on topic here

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
beccaxx said:
so guys wats so good bout being a virgin.... back on topic here
thanks becca and tom

couple things here. you have something to say about religion and virginity? make a new thread. don't post it in here.

you have something new to say about it in a more social context? or to answer any questions i have posed? go ahead and put them down.

if this means that this thread dies then let it be, i'm just disappointed that this hasn't made people think about the social ideas that have been instilled in us.

and lainee - your decisions make up your personality, thus your decision to not have sex also contributes to it. see the key word there? contributes not completely makes it up, there are far greater things to give than sex.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)