What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
so.

who is a virgin? lol.
I'm a virgin. Don't really care what others think when they know i'm a virgin. It's not the end of the world if they tease me for being a virgin. I know i don't have any right to say, but what's so special about sex? There's no real need for people to brag on about how they got laid, gota blowjob etc etc like one of the people from my highschool keeps on doing. which is quite annoying.

But anyways, as Elgronko says:
Sex is sex. It is there to be enjoyed, there's no reason not to have it with someone you're attracted to, even if only physically.
It's there to be enjoyed. I enjoy other things in life.

And just for the record, I haven't had a girlfriend, so say what you like about me not being able to get any. That may be true, but in the end. Who cares? I certainly don't.

Sure being with someone is something i'd like to do, but it isn't the end of the world. It's something i don't sweat over.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
shinji said:
I know i don't have any right to say, but what's so special about sex?
It's pretty fucking awesome.

Also this thread isn't about belittling people who are virgins voluntarily - it's more about the people who are virgins by choice and questioning that choice.

Like I said about, this thread can be summed up with one question:

Someone give me a logical and rational reason to wait till after marriage for sex.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
the only way that waiting till marriage could be made a logical concept would be if we accepted a definition of sex that excludes the possibility of sex without love, and if we also accepted a definition of marriage that excludes the possibility of having any other kind of romantic relationship, and if we also accepted that sex without love was worthless. In other words, if sex = love and marriage = the only way to express love, and sex without love = 0 it would follow that the only loving sex to be had is within marriage, and all other sex lacks love, and since sex without love has no value whatsoever then you're better off waiting until you're married.

But that's the most fucked up flawed logic ever. And that's seriously the only way I can think to twist it.

Life does not work the way idealistic virgins want it to and I hope they realise this when they finish losing it, drunk, at a party, to someone they met five minutes ago.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Tulipa said:
It's pretty fucking awesome.

Also this thread isn't about belittling people who are virgins voluntarily - it's more about the people who are virgins by choice and questioning that choice.

Like I said about, this thread can be summed up with one question:
True that sex may be awesome.

But i guess there isn't a logical/rational reason to wait till after marriage for sex.

I, to be honest, am curious about the answer as well. I'm not a virgin by choice, it mainly hasn't crossed my mind & the ones it has, are way outta my league. hahah

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
the only way that waiting till marriage could be made a logical concept would be if we accepted a definition of sex that excludes the possibility of sex without love, and if we also accepted a definition of marriage that excludes the possibility of having any other kind of romantic relationship, and if we also accepted that sex without love was worthless. In other words, if sex = love and marriage = the only way to express love, and sex without love = 0 it would follow that the only loving sex to be had is within marriage, and all other sex lacks love, and since sex without love has no value whatsoever then you're better off waiting until you're married.

But that's the most fucked up flawed logic ever. And that's seriously the only way I can think to twist it.

Life does not work the way idealistic virgins want it to and I hope they realise this when they finish losing it, drunk, at a party, to someone they met five minutes ago.
Yeah.

That's pretty much the only conclusion I can ever come to and it just baffles me.

Do people not see that that is how their "special choice" is reflected?

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
mle43 said:
The reasons themselves dont matter. It's the idea that people are living how they want and how they believe they should. It isnt to say everybody should live that way, but the fact that people are sticking to what they believe in is reason enough, regardless of WHAT they believe in.
Flawed logic there...that would mean if I believed in incest or something then that would be okay because it's what I believe. I know you didn't think of that aspect of it, but that's partly why I will challenge people to back up or justify what they believe in. Because if you can't, something's fundamentally wrong with it (or you're just shit at expressing yourself).

mle43 said:
People have their beliefs, people make their own choices, regardless of whether theres logic involved or not - why does there have to be a logical decision involved in waiting until you are married? Why cant you just make that decision based on beliefs, religion, morals etc?
You can by all means make life decisions based on beliefs, religion, morals etc. But underlying all of that, there has to be a reason. If your beliefs tell you to do something, then ok, but why do you believe that in the first place? What is the reason you believe it? And is it a good reason or are you basing your worldview on concepts that fall apart when scrutinised? I mean, I think we've all been guilty of putting on the blinkers about certain issues (god knows I have), but really, if your beliefs don't hold up under criticism (ie. you can't explain them satisfactorially) then there's a problem.

latvia

HSC
N/A
EnterNameHere said:
because movies, television, society & the media teach you to be proud of it.
they also teach you how "sex is cool"

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Virginity is just (hopefully) the most awkward 2 and a half hours of your life. Might as well get it over and done with.

ibewatto

HSC
its something people feel is special to hold on to. they feel they cant actually control anything in their lives so what ever they can manipulate or hold on to they will. Im not saying everyone go root, cause that is stupid it is entirely up to you. none the less 70 years from now, it wont make any difference.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Zrap said:
the suspense
So true :)
What is so BAD about being a virgin???
They dont judge non virgins according to their lack of virginity(I dont) so please no more nonsense about non virgins being judged or OHHHHH virgins think they are so much betterrrrr!replies.
SO? There is nothing inherently wrong with remaining a virgin until you please.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
There's nothing wrong with being a virgin, it's being righteous about it.

HSC
My slutty best friends always point out that I'm a virgin. I guess it will happen when it happens and I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it (I'm not inexperienced in everything else) but I just wish that they would stop parading the fact that I haven't done it yet.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
My slutty best friends always point out that I'm a virgin. I guess it will happen when it happens and I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it (I'm not inexperienced in everything else) but I just wish that they would stop parading the fact that I haven't done it yet.
If it helps , FEMALES only 'pay out' other females about that when they are insecure in some way , or playing.
No one can really throw mud at a young woman doing what she wants with her body.

HSC
Its not that I'm waiting or anything. I almost had sex on new yrs eve. My mates are just always like "Oh, Chris I admire you so much for waiting" and if we're having a convo bout sex they will all just stop and be like "Oh that's right you're still a virgin" and then they behave all patronising. They make such a big deal bout me being a virgin that I don't wanna tell them when I do eventually have sex.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
i-love-maynard said:
Its not that I'm waiting or anything. I almost had sex on new yrs eve. My mates are just always like "Oh, Chris I admire you so much for waiting" and if we're having a convo bout sex they will all just stop and be like "Oh that's right you're still a virgin" and then they behave all patronising. They make such a big deal bout me being a virgin that I don't wanna tell them when I do eventually have sex.
You dont have to?
Its not exactly their business,lol

HSC
I think that if my friends weren't so experienced and vocal about their sex lives then I'd be pretty indifferent about it, if it happens it happens sorta thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)