What is the most godawfully bad book you have ever read? (1 Viewer)

tigerian

HSC
N/A
Any of the Harry Potter books. I tried to read them all but they were far too dull.
Ian

Mongke

HSC
transcendent said:
i'd have to say the Holy Bible, the whole book is hypocritical and pretentious and a lame attempt at trying to be objective about history when alot of the events are pure fantasy.
haha!! its late and im listening to Marilyn Manson, the rest follows.....

worst book = Jane Eyer and My Place

garbagedump

HSC
N/A
I think walking on beaches with trolls was worse.

Justin: Stop moderating the hell out of this forum.
He is only ensuring that trolls do not accumulate in forums, as they have done under bridges.

J

jhakka

nwatts said:
Justin: Stop moderating the hell out of this forum.
Nick: Then stop posting things that need to be moderated.

As Reading Room mod, it is my call what is appropriate in here. As far as I'm concerned "He's an idiot and deserves to be told" is not a valid excuse for poor behaviour, so I delete posts to that effect.

If you have any problems, please take them up with me over PM or in the Contact Moderators forum.

Thank you.

HSC
N/A
ElendilPeredhil said:
I agree about The Da Vinci code anyway- and just to stay away from religion, let me say that I think the basic plot sounds like it might be interesting a fiction book, but I just hate Dan Brown’s manner of writing- it reads like he copies and pastes his information from a textbook. I like Angels and Demons better although it suffers from the same problems, not to such an extent.
Agreed! In almost the exact same words!

Fun to read the information though - it's a little more accessible than the "Holy Blood Holy (can't remember the rest of the title).

I have to admit I found the first pre-chapter thing of Assassin's Apprentice (Robin Hobb) a bit far out. In fact, I picked up the book and threw it at the wall because I couldn't stand it after four pages...

Although in it's defence, a few months later I picked it up again and read the whole trilogy through in about two days. :)

transcendent

HSC
N/A
I orgasmed over every anti-Christian 'evidence' and/or controversy. Too bad most of it isn't completely credible... I still thoroughly enjoyed it though. Still some of the conclusions they came to, like the bank account number was somewhat ludacrous

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
glitterfairy said:
I have to admit I found the first pre-chapter thing of Assassin's Apprentice (Robin Hobb) a bit far out. In fact, I picked up the book and threw it at the wall because I couldn't stand it after four pages...
Blasphemy!:eek:

Myself, I disliked Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen more than any other book. I have never managed to get past the first chapter no matter how many times I tried, its like a magnetic effect - I can't be near that book.

I also have a distaste for the Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien - I enjoyed it when I first read it about a decade ago, but now its just uggh to me.

Gangels

HSC
I think that the only man who ever came close to what REALLY happened is Spike Milligan! The bible according to spike miligan is the, evidently, the closest thing i think we can come to understanding the father, the son, and the holy spirit.:)

Mr Lovepony

HSC
Jane Austen's Emma.

I'd rather eat the book than read it again... and our teacher told us that we should read it at least 3 times. Like hell I will.

tigerian

HSC
N/A
For all you Da Vinci code people who are commenting on this book for or against check out challenging Da Vinci .com Very interesting.

Ian

funkless

HSC
N/A
I remember 'Catcher In The Rye' by J.D. Salinger. It annoyed the hell outta me. All Holden did was whinge, whinge, attempt to have sex but fail, whinge, whinge. It has been sometime since I last read it, and I was a bit young at the time. So it could be alright on a re-read, but I have this sneaky suspiscion it might not be. A friend actually recently borrowed it out, she didn't like it very much either- said Holden whinged too much.

nufish

HSC
I liked Emma and Persuasion ...well, despite the lack of action and a LIFE those women had... in fact, they're the only Jane Austen books I've read.. Catcher in the Rye was also alright, but it annoyed the hell outta me at times, especially when I coudln't ipck out the significance of the song.

I actualyl haven't finished reading the Da Vinci Code or HBP .. I just couldn't continue o_O .. or maybe it was the pile of homework that kept accumulating.

jimg1946

Premium Member
HSC
"To The Lighthouse" by Virginia Woolf - started it many times but never able to finish it

live.fast

HSC
N/A
with Dune da new books r mad as, ive neva read da original series onli da new ones out tho...but dont effin bag it...

da shittiest book i eva read tho was...bloom , bout sum bacteria fingos, shittiest most depressing book of all books ....

if u want 2 evoke dem feelings of depression n apathy den read bloom.
most fuked up book eva.

louweesel

HSC
Hands down has 2 be shipping news. had 2 read it 4 ext Eng and I hated it. Read it twice and still couldn't get into it. Took 4 eva to coz I just couldn't STOP putting it down physically and verbally.
November 11th here i come (last exam, SOR I).

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Future Trap about Earth being taken over or whatnot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)