What sacrifices will you be making for the HSC? (1 Viewer)

super_fly5

HSC
luscious-llama said:
Super_fly5 - oh I didnt see it coming either :|. It was shocking to say the least. But i dont know, maybe things will figure themselves, out, currently i'm busying myself with doing nothing :p although i'm starting now to seriously study (whilst having booked self for 3 parties in the next 2 weeks)

Hmm anyone NOT going to BDO (only found that mars volta and white stripes appealed to me and yeah I went to Homebake)...yeah BDO is a little off topic but hey.
Luscious-llama, good for you for not occupying yourself so much. I honestly find relationships and books equate to disaster. Sure, it works in some cases, but some guys can be such Drama Queens at times. (And for the males who take this as an offence, why would you even bother? Unless you are one.)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
super_fly5 said:
Luscious-llama, good for you for not occupying yourself so much. I honestly find relationships and books equate to disaster. Sure, it works in some cases, but some guys can be such Drama Queens at times. (And for the males who take this as an offence, why would you even bother? Unless you are one.)
LOL!
tht made me laugh .. Drama Queens .. XD
that's true to a certain extent ... hahah; but then again, so are girls! loL!

super_fly5

HSC
And thus the word being derived from 'Queen'.
I do admit it's more of a girl trend, but times have changed for sure.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Bookie said:
Just something high to give me all options, but I'll be happy with anything 98+.
Yah, people say that if you're unsure of what to do after school, just aim for a high UAI so you can choose anything...
But then, instead of narrowing down your options, it broadens them up! Argh! Decisions! Choices! Life! Argh!

karoooh

HSC
Bookie said:
<3 Carolyn for the praise, but trust me, you'd probably end up better. Hmmm. Uni courses = tre gay.
HAH! Don't make me laugh! But thanks for the vote of confidence anyway! :p Aiming for a UAI of 90 - 97 seems more realistic to me, so if I don't get in, I'll move one - There is still the other option of getting in! :D

Yes, yes... I know how you feel about the courses and that you love flying to no end - You'll get to be a piolet! I know you can get there!

Kent - You are not allowed anywhere near my possessions; you're too shifty for me to trust! :D

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Ironic the high UAI thing, and that I was panicking about "life" and my siggy says "I won't worry my life away" :p

By the way Bookie, I've been in love with your avatar for quite some time. Just in case you were wondering.

karoooh

HSC
bananasmoothy said:
Ironic the high UAI thing, and that I was panicking about "life" and my siggy says "I won't worry my life away" :p

By the way Bookie, I've been in love with your avatar for quite some time. Just in case you were wondering.
Hey, me too! Every time I see a post by Bookie, I just have to go stare at Bono a little longer, admiring him through the screen! :p

Bookie

Banned
HSC
karooh said:
HAH! Don't make me laugh! But thanks for the vote of confidence anyway! Aiming for a UAI of 90 - 97 seems more realistic to me, so if I don't get in, I'll move one - There is still the other option of getting in!

Yes, yes... I know how you feel about the courses and that you love flying to no end - You'll get to be a piolet! I know you can get there!

Kent - You are not allowed anywhere near my possessions; you're too shifty for me to trust!
Ok, so you an realistically aim for 97.....hmmm, how about you push harder and get 98? - thats if you wanna do media/communications at Sydney....plus they have flexible entry.

And beleive me, as much as I wanna be a pilot....well, we'll see how it goes (parents with their "but you need a uni course"). Theres an pilot info day this saturday at parra leagues if anyones interested. I'm going.

bananasmoothy said:
Ironic the high UAI thing, and that I was panicking about "life" and my siggy says "I won't worry my life away"

Yes, I love Bono too, unlike Jason Mraz. That guy disappeared.

karoooh said:
Hey, me too! Every time I see a post by Bookie, I just have to go stare at Bono a little longer, admiring him through the screen!
Isnt he beautiful? Its like an inverse relationship. The better looking he is, the uglier I am.

nick said:
bookie is going to get 100
Too fucken right.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Bookie said:
And beleive me, as much as I wanna be a pilot....well, we'll see how it goes (parents with their "but you need a uni course"). Theres an pilot info day this saturday at parra leagues if anyones interested. I'm going.
A bit of trivia for you - my cousin's training to be a pilot. Commercial, me thinks.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
er. who's bono? lol

my frnd wants to be an airforce pilot ... what kinda uai would u need. lol [ not a jet pilot; but a chopper pilot ]

Carolyn - awww what? Moi? Shifty?! that ain't very nice of you to thnk of me! ><
oh btw; do u happen to have my ID card ... coz i've lost 1 of 'em >_< * i had 4 .. lost 1 * ;; hmm. and u say im shifty *eye twitch*

Bookie

Banned
HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
er. who's bono? lol
Bono set up an organization called "DATA", which stands for Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa. The focus of the organization is to raise awareness about what he claims are Africa's unpayable debts, uncontrolled spread of AIDS, and unfair trade rules that hurt the continent's poor citizens.

He made a speech during the inauguration of Paul Martin as Canada's prime minister, who in turn pledged to help with the global crisis. In 2005, in a time that some claimed Martin was facing "political destruction", Bono spoke on CBC Radio "bashing" Martin for being slow at increasing Canada's foreign aid. Following this a spokesperson for the Prime Minister pointed out that the budget has seen an 8% increase to aid and that "Rather than set an artificial deadline, the prime minister has focused on real increases measured in real dollars each and every year."

He then travelled to the White House for a special private meeting with President George W. Bush, who had just unveiled a $5 billion aid package for the world's poorest countries that respect human rights. Bono also accompanied the President for a speech on the White House lawn. "This is an important first step, and a serious and impressive new level of commitment... This must happen urgently, because this is a crisis."

Later in the year, before Paul Wolfowitz was chosen to replace James Wolfensohn as president of the World Bank, Bono was spoken about as a serious candidate for the position. U.S. Secretary of the Treasury John Snow said about Bono on the ABC news talk program This Week "He's somebody I admire. He does a lot of good in this world of economic development." The selection process for the position is by member governments, however, and his selection was considered unlikely.

In December of 2005, he was named by TIME as one of the Persons of the Year, along with Bill and Melinda Gates.

He also plays in some band.

my frnd wants to be an airforce pilot ... what kinda uai would u need. lol [ not a jet pilot; but a chopper pilot ]
I think a completion of the HSC would be fine. The army has a range of pilot occupations if you can comply to their height and health standards.

Last edited:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
wow. that bono character seems quite a guy .. haha.
lookin' at all that; i rekkon he does deserve Persons of the year!

hm. although; last time i heard, u needed some specific education qualifications to become an airforce pilot [ eg; english, etc etc ]

not too sure about it.

karoooh

HSC
shinji / d3sp said:
er. who's bono? lol

Carolyn - awww what? Moi? Shifty?! that ain't very nice of you to thnk of me! ><
oh btw; do u happen to have my ID card ... coz i've lost 1 of 'em >_< * i had 4 .. lost 1 * ;; hmm. and u say im shifty *eye twitch*
LMAO

I can't believe you're blaming ME for the loss of your i.d card! :( No, I have no idea where it is - Just because I wanted to really see it the other day and we had to tussle for it, it doiesn't mean I'd take it! Even if you did have 4... You know, Andrew was partially helping me to take the thing... Actually, he helped me a lot! :D Go and ask him! He's the shiftiest out of the 3 of us! :D

karoooh

HSC
Bookie said:
Bono set up an organization called "DATA", which stands for Debt, AIDS, Trade in Africa. The focus of the organization is to raise awareness about what he claims are Africa's unpayable debts, uncontrolled spread of AIDS, and unfair trade rules that hurt the continent's poor citizens.

He made a speech during the inauguration of Paul Martin as Canada's prime minister, who in turn pledged to help with the global crisis. In 2005, in a time that some claimed Martin was facing "political destruction", Bono spoke on CBC Radio "bashing" Martin for being slow at increasing Canada's foreign aid. Following this a spokesperson for the Prime Minister pointed out that the budget has seen an 8% increase to aid and that "Rather than set an artificial deadline, the prime minister has focused on real increases measured in real dollars each and every year."

He then travelled to the White House for a special private meeting with President George W. Bush, who had just unveiled a $5 billion aid package for the world's poorest countries that respect human rights. Bono also accompanied the President for a speech on the White House lawn. "This is an important first step, and a serious and impressive new level of commitment... This must happen urgently, because this is a crisis."

Later in the year, before Paul Wolfowitz was chosen to replace James Wolfensohn as president of the World Bank, Bono was spoken about as a serious candidate for the position. U.S. Secretary of the Treasury John Snow said about Bono on the ABC news talk program This Week "He's somebody I admire. He does a lot of good in this world of economic development." The selection process for the position is by member governments, however, and his selection was considered unlikely.

In December of 2005, he was named by TIME as one of the Persons of the Year, along with Bill and Melinda Gates.

He also plays in some band.

I think a completion of the HSC would be fine. The army has a range of pilot occupations if you can comply to their height and health standards.
Great recap! Lmao - Yeah, he plays in an ok band... They could be LEGENDS one day, but who knows!

GUH! Every now and then, I have a really big urge to join the army...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)