What study tips do you have for Ancient/Modern History, Advanced English/Maths? (1 Viewer)

DarkAmb3r

HSC
Hello!

I've been mainly been hitting the high band 5~ish mark, but not quite getting into band 6 for Ancient and Modern History as well as Advanced English, so if you have any particular advice about what really gets you into those top bands, please do leave a comment <3
Also, any names of specific resources that have been helpful this far (websites, books, apps etc.) for any of the subjects would be super helpful!

Hope you're all taking care of yourselves!
Thank You :3

may22

HSC
Hello!

I've been mainly been hitting the high band 5~ish mark, but not quite getting into band 6 for Ancient and Modern History as well as Advanced English, so if you have any particular advice about what really gets you into those top bands, please do leave a comment <3
Also, any names of specific resources that have been helpful this far (websites, books, apps etc.) for any of the subjects would be super helpful!

Hope you're all taking care of yourselves!
Thank You :3
Advanced english:
nail your quotes and analysis and practise applying them to different essay questions. focus on actually answering the question and not just doing what HSC markers refer to as 'top-and-tail', i.e. where you just throw in words from the question at the beginning and end of your argument paragraph, rather than addressing it throughout.
go through online resources as well, but never copy other people's essays. Make sure your theses are strong and original, and argue them with high-modality language

Advanced math:
practise band 6 style questions. They can get very ugly sometimes, so as soon as you've nailed content, start practicing. Ask your teacher for extra resources they may be willing to share as well, and go through past papers looking for relevant questions to the topic/s you may be doing

DarkAmb3r

HSC
Thank you so much!
I really appreciate it ૮₍˶ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ˶₎ა

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)