What subjects will you pick next year? (2 Viewers)

x-Manda-x

HSC
Possibly:
-HSC Ancient
-Modern
-Advanced English
-English Extension
-Chemistry
-Photography
-Studies of Religion ll

Yeah, but they might possibly change. . .

klaris

HSC
Um...mine might be:
Advanced English (def)
Ancient History
Modern History
English Extension (1 or 2? I have no idea of difference, someone explain)
Exploring Early Childhood
Italian

I have no idea bout how many units, so yeah they're my first 'draft'

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
Um...mine might be:
Advanced English (def)
Ancient History
Modern History
English Extension (1 or 2? I have no idea of difference, someone explain)
Exploring Early Childhood
Italian

I have no idea bout how many units, so yeah they're my first 'draft'
English extension 1 course is made up of certain topics, like i think there is one on crime fiction and literature whereas in English extension 2 the only thing you do is one large major project, like a short film or a short novel. Note that you must do extension 1 to do extension 2. Also, extension 2 is a one year course in year 12.

So the units you have with your draft (not including english extension 2 because thats in year 12) is 11. But note that you must have 12 units in year 11. Furthermore, Exploring Early Childhood is not a UAI course, so if you want a UAI for Uni, then you need to pick about 2 more courses that are UAI courses.

Failure_123

HSC
Haha year 11s are a funny bunch, always paying each other out.
We're not worrying about the HSC... we're just thinking about our subject selections, which we have to make next term anyway.

Mine are:
Adv English
Ext English (I'd like to do both 1 and 2, but I'm not sure...)
Ancient History
Biology
Maths 2U (not general. God no)
Visual Arts
And still tossing up between Family and Community Studies and Society and Culture. But, leaning towards the S&C side from what I've heard about both subjects.
haha you stupid kids are so funny.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Make sure you choose right subjects, guys/girls.

It's sometimes best to keep going with whatever you have and progressively drop as you perform badly or grow to hate it.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
+ 1 to the above post.

- Pick subjects based on your strengths and your interests. It is useless to pick a subject like Maths Extension 1 if you don't perform well in or hate Maths.
- I do think that picking subjects based on scaling is helpful. If you are aiming for a high UAI, try to avoid picking subjects at the bottom of the scaling chart like Maltese Continuers. Unless you really really like it, then pick it.
- Don't pick subjects that your friend is going to do or favourite teacher is going to teach.
- Pick some subjects based on what you might be doing after High school or university. Base your subject choices on this.
- It is useful to pick Maths or one Science (but then again, it depends on your interests and strengths)
- Try picking subjects that aren't too closely related. For example, if you pick Economics and Business Studies, you find that it will be harder for you to study during exam time, as it will be more unmotivating. (It differs from person to person)
- If you are decent in English, do Advanced.
- Try not to pick more than two subjects that you are not good at. For example, if you are not good at Chemistry and Physics, and you drop one in Year 12, the other WILL count towards your UAI.
- If in doubt, pick more than 12 units for Year 11.
- If your school limits Year 11 to 12 units and you are terrible at one subject, don't pick the one - unit subject that will be automatically dropped in Year 12. For example, If you are crap in Physics and you pick One unit photography... Photography will be automatically dropped, and if you drop Physics, you will have less than 10 units, unless you pick up 4 unit maths, 4 unit english or History Extension. In this case, try to pick something like One unit Religion (which will continue on to Year 12) instead of One unit Photography (which won't).

d3st1nyLiang

Premium Member
HSC
thanks, if my proposed subject selection is eng adv, ext maths, latin, eco, chem and phys; is it better to do ext eng and forget about phys?
in this case, i'm alright at eng, so far 97% for exams, but i'm not sure what sort of things the ext eng course has to offer

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
thanks, if my proposed subject selection is eng adv, ext maths, latin, eco, chem and phys; is it better to do ext eng and forget about phys?
in this case, i'm alright at eng, so far 97% for exams, but i'm not sure what sort of things the ext eng course has to offer
Why not try both and if you find you are doing to much work, then drop the one you dont like the most?

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I think you've grown up a bit too much for your age little girl. All we said was chill out and i'm going to say it again.
Dude STFU. You're only 1 year older than us year 10s and judging by the level of your talk you are probably mentally undeveloped compared to the majority of us as well. So don't give us shit just because you think you're superior to us because you're not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)