• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What to do in these holidays (1 Viewer)

Pahor

HSC
Hi,

I just started year 12 in these two weeks holidays, I begin doing year 12 stuff next term - im kinda technically still in year 11. Do you guys remember what you did in these holidays? Because I planned to do heaps but all ive done so far is watch breaking bad and eat low budget chocolate ice-cream - any suggestions what I should do with this time?

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
Hey bro, I'm in the same boat as you.

So now that you've watched breaking bad, I suggest 2.5 Men or Suits. But what do you mean you started Year 12 during this holiday but you begin Year 12 next term?

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Did you watch the finale today? So sad to see the show end.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I regret trying to do work in this time because I didn't end up doing much so I just felt guilty. Personally, I'd just relax before the shit hits the fan - you really can't do much at this point so enjoy this time while it lasts!

Pahor

HSC
But yeah,

Thanks guys. So far ive almost finished my first text for English - ill read the next one too and do a bit of Modern History

...Otherwise...GTA5 here I come :D

alphabetafeta96

I swear im not a cat lady
HSC
Uni Grad
Read your english books.
So far i have read the crucible and letters to alice ( at the end of this one i was sure that they had made a mistake and should have put it in the genre of horror)

pHyRe

HSC
If you do a language, go over all grammar and vocab thoroughly.

For other subjects there's not a whole heap you can do to be honest. Get yourself a bit organised, start reading ahead. But not sure how much that'll help

Capo

HSC
Phew and I thought I was the only one doing this :(

Tried doing creative essay, ended up watching HIMYM and random movies

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Familiarise yourself with the rubrics here; http://www.hsc.csu.edu.au/english/

Have a read of your texts. You can basically learn everything you need to learn about Belonging in 2 hours... Then you'd be able to start a decent creative writing piece.

Candidate

HSC
I went overseas with my school. Seriously, just relax and don't work at all. It is the last holidays you will have when you can rest.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Hi,

I just started year 12 in these two weeks holidays, I begin doing year 12 stuff next term - im kinda technically still in year 11. Do you guys remember what you did in these holidays? Because I planned to do heaps but all ive done so far is watch breaking bad and eat low budget chocolate ice-cream - any suggestions what I should do with this time?
We are the same person.

KitchenSinky

HSC
You should've already finished your HSC summaries by now if you hope to get the coveted 99.95 ATAR. I take it you're not asian? You've got to grip any spare time you have by the haunches and hump it into submission.

Pahor

HSC
You should've already finished your HSC summaries by now if you hope to get the coveted 99.95 ATAR. I take it you're not asian? You've got to grip any spare time you have by the haunches and hump it into submission.
I am not aiming for 99.95 (I am not Asian btw), however, I think if I worked on all my summaries this holidays I wouldn't be inclined to do any work for the rest of year 12 and would screw it up - just saying

hsclover

HSC
N/A
Seriously, just relax :) If anything, have a read of your English texts. That's enough! You haven't even started the course. Now is the last real holidays to chill, so make use of it :p

Pahor

HSC
Thanks a lot man

>> My Aim is 97.5

But I need 80s for my course lol

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Thanks a lot man

>> My Aim is 97.5

But I need 80s for my course lol
Don't worry! 97.5 is very easy to get :) These holidays aren't really all that beneficial anyway! Beyond familiarising yourself with the content (that you'd get taught in class anyway), there's really not much you can do but relax for a bit. :D

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
well ik some ppl who've been going to tutoring every single day for 6 hours......pretty much school LOL

dat pressure and competition

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)