What to do in those first 10 minutes reading time. (1 Viewer)

2011_

HSC
The supervisors are slow going through the paper because they have to be sure everyone's paper is ok. So there is time to glance at the question while you wait.

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
Obviously I read all the questions for my electives, then I see which one I am most comfortable with and start planning that out in my head. I do not attempt to plan out the other's, but I know what I am going to be discussing and I analyse what the question is asking me as well. I also try to figure out in what way I can adapt my prepared response to answer this particular question.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Still, they are just going through the paper, and besides everyone will have a chance to read the question, so it's not really cheating, it's checking. Just follow the supervisor's instructions at all times.

o_0

HSC
Still, they are just going through the paper, and besides everyone will have a chance to read the question, so it's not really cheating, it's checking. Just follow the supervisor's instructions at all times.
mm Yea!
I think they'd actually encourage us to have a peak at the questions.. they would know how much pressure the students are feeling and they'd know it would be a confidence booster! :(

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
mm Yea!
I think they'd actually encourage us to have a peak at the questions.. they would know how much pressure the students are feeling and they'd know it would be a confidence booster! :(
ahaha what if the question has nothing to do with your themes : o

jmel93

HSC
If it has multiple choice scratch your fingernail on the answer, this should give you at least a 5 mark headstart, you can read the essay question later because if you read it too early you'll freak out and won't be able to think

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
If it has multiple choice scratch your fingernail on the answer, this should give you at least a 5 mark headstart,
Specifically forbidden and you can get busted for a breach of exam rules, could lead to losing your HSC .

kaur154

HSC
Identify what questions you can answer easily and identify key points for each question.
And make sure you understand the question properly.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have to write you student number and centre number on the pages and if so does this cut into your exam time or?
Sometimes they let you do it before the reading time starts, sometimes they just assume you'll do it during the exam.

Bobbo1

HSC
what if u forget to put the number on one of the sheets by accident???

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
what if u forget to put the number on one of the sheets by accident???
You're fucked. I've been worrying about this a lot. Especially for bio and chem as they don't really have booklets. Except for the options. :/

kfnmpah

HSC
I don't even open the paper in reading time. (unless there's a multiple choice section. I'll look at that and mark the answer with my fingernail so i can race through it)
I still do this at uni. Personally, if i open the paper my head gets all full of heaps of information and i freak out. I just sit there and chill out, people watch, go over notes in my head, then when i open the booklet it's like my head is a clean slate and the only thing i have to focus on is the question I'm looking at right now and not worry about the question I don't know the answer to on the next page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)