What topic did everyone do for their major Project? (1 Viewer)

SovietSupremacy

HSC
Marshall Georgi Zhukov of the Soviet Union, analysing his WWII strategies with the intention of concluding on just how good he was. It was this subject that inspired my username on this site, lol.

Last edited:

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
zodiac said:
I picked Who was Jack the Ripper, comparing old conclusions to new conclusions
SCotto

I'm doing JTR too, though my question is why has still popular in today's society? a.k.a. why do we keep mentioning him over 100 years later?

livebait

Smirnoff Crew Member
HSC
I'm investigating the historiographical debate surrounding Reagan's influence on the collapse of the Soviet Union/ end of the Cold War.

It's really interesting, although at the moment I'm incrediably lazy and so haven't really done very much at all!

tessery

HSC
My question is: Account for differing perspectives of the European colonisation of Tahiti between 1767 and 1840

Does that wording of that seem ok to everyone - "account for differing perspectives"? i am so lost for this whole project lol.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
tessery said:
My question is: Account for differing perspectives of the European colonisation of Tahiti between 1767 and 1840

Does that wording of that seem ok to everyone - "account for differing perspectives"? i am so lost for this whole project lol.
Account seems like its just saying - list and identify the different perspectives of the European colonisation of Tahiti... You would be doing more than that I assume. Wouldn't you also be identifying different perspectives, discuss them and come to some sort of conclusion as to why it was that way? Such as X was an imperialist or had an imperialist cultural context and saw it should have been done that way, and Y was post-colonial and wished they shoved it up their ass rather than forcing their culture on to people?
So it would come down to what word would take the place of account. Analyse different persoectives...?

Dave2007

HSC
FridayEvening said:
I'm analysing the causes of the Civil War, with particular attention given to disproving the post-war Southern assertion that slavery wasn't the main cause.
You shouldn't try to "force" a conclusion before you've done all your research.

You should only have that opinion after reading and thoroughly investigating - until then keep and open mind and definitely tell your journal you have an open mind or else theyll accuse you of bias!

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Dave2007 said:
You shouldn't try to "force" a conclusion before you've done all your research.

You should only have that opinion after reading and thoroughly investigating - until then keep and open mind and definitely tell your journal you have an open mind or else theyll accuse you of bias!
You do have a point there. You could get around it with a hypothesis that you will find that slavery was actually the main cause. You could prove/disporve this throughout the essay and conclude your findings as to whether your hypothesis was right. You can't do a good job of the essay if you know your conclusion, because if you find something entirely against it you might just leave it out. This would make your argument look weak and poorly researched as opposed to simply justifying your conclusions.

tessery

HSC
Thanks ari89, i just had a meeting with ext history teacher and he advised not to use the word account - although his reasoning was that i would need more context to back up my conclusions. I like 'analyse the perspectives', i'll definitely work with that. thanks again!

scottywazere

HSC
i picked JTR too, but mine has more to do with his reoccurance throughout time (popular history)

sickdog12

HSC
chocc0 said:
i looked at the emergence of the image of Alexander the Great as a divinity during the helenistic and early roamn periods! i would have been good if the Alexander movie had come out ! Bastards

hey i would really like to have a look at any work u have from that......

alexander was.....well great haha he is so interesting

can u plz email me asap sickdog12@hotmail.com

:)

steph999

HSC
ha ha ha.. i'm lookin' at the rise of the sex manuals in the late 19th early 20th century and it's affect on British society. I'm looking at a guy called Richard Carlile who wrote "Every woman's book".

Seriously it is one of the most interesting subject matters i've eva come across. This man is an absolute genious!!!! He was one of the first ppl 2 promote birth control and suggest diff. types of it AND he suggested that; 4 a couple 2 hav full sexual satisfaction both man and wmn must b equal ie: if men could hav sex b4 marriage then wmn should also.

suffice 2 say he spent most of his time in jail... lol! Apparently the catholic church wasn't so happy wif his writings! he he he...

I esp. love the fact that this guy was writin' @ the same time as Jane Austen & their views couldn't b more diff!

This is such a good topic 2 research! so unbelievable interesting! I love this guy!!!!!!!!!

;-)

spence

HSC
Mine's on the death of Philip II of Macedon and whether Alexander or others were involved in it

cherry-toes

hunger strike
HSC
“What does the ‘Black Athena’ series and its debate reveal about the changing construction and interpretation of Ancient Greek history?”

its due this friday.

no wonder i cant sleep
i cant write essays for sht im so scrwd

cherry-toes

hunger strike
HSC
xlil-miss-muffx said:
I'm doing JTR too, though my question is why has still popular in today's society? a.k.a. why do we keep mentioning him over 100 years later?
a girl in my class is doing jack the ripper as well, and a guy at my school did it last year. seems pretty common.
hers in something to do with media interpretation and whether it should be counted as history...

BaCC 07~~
HSC
"Could 9/11 have been prevented, or significantly reduced?"
My project focused on the reasons behind the attacks, and whether America shared a blame, both in its foreign policies and preventive intelligence measures.

mandas2choc

HSC
im doing something about the Paris Commune of 1871. Which is actually really good. Im discussing wether it was an anarchist or communist state. Mines due in 4 days and i havent even done my question. ive almost finished the final draft tho :)

goodluck everyone.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
I did a historiography "history war' debate on the conflicts surrounding Australia during WWII, namley Kokoda, Coral sea and the emergance of the "Battle for Australia" commemoration movement. Political involvement behind it etc.

I got to interview the principal/chief historian of the Australian War Memorial for my project which was great.

cherry-toes

hunger strike
HSC
123erykb said:
Im doing "The Black Athena Debate" ( whether or not Greece was colonised by the Egyptians) and the implications of this debate for race relations in the US. Anyone else doing this topic?
heya, ive completed my MW on black athena just this year. getting it back next week. how did you go and what was your question?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)