What was ur first day @ Uni like, Uni Students? (1 Viewer)

Zaza101

HSC
I haven't started yet but
Everyone was standing by them selves and had their phones or books out and pretended to be busy lol.
I expect i will be doing this lol

If you don't know anyone...be prepared for some awkward silence moments while you wait outside a lecture theatre for your class.
and you'll be looking around desperately trying to find someone you know.
andddd you'll probably see someone from high skool you didn't really like but you still talk to them anyway cos you don't wanna look like a loner.
I only know 1 person who enrolled in the same course as me, but I'm planning to change to a DD mid year so i probably wont be seeing much of anyone i know :uhoh:

HSC
I'm hoping that some hot lonely girl comes up to me and needs a friend so starts talking to me.

What would be major awkward is if some annoying person tries to be friends with me, and to be nice I be open and accepting and then this person wants to do everything with me, but I cant say no, then he invites me to his house to do stuff and I have to say yes... HELP ME!

Seriously though, I'll probably be walking around the uni pretending to go somewhere, right until the last minute before my lecture starts and then hop in. I can already see it's going to be one hell of an awkward day.

ashllis92

HSC
I'm already cringing at the social awkwardness that will be my first week, I also don't have many breaks during the day so even if I meet someone cool I won't be able to pursue the friendship! :(

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I'm hoping that some hot lonely girl comes up to me and needs a friend so starts talking to me.

What would be major awkward is if some annoying person tries to be friends with me, and to be nice I be open and accepting and then this person wants to do everything with me, but I cant say no, then he invites me to his house to do stuff and I have to say yes... HELP ME!
This is easy to avoid. Just make excuses for not wanting to see them outside your tute/lecture, and hence you only have to see them 12 times in 6 months.

Seriously though, I'll probably be walking around the uni pretending to go somewhere, right until the last minute before my lecture starts and then hop in. I can already see it's going to be one hell of an awkward day.
Bring an ipod and a book. You'll fit right in if you just sit down somewhere and use one/both of them, rather than wandering campus.

EDIT: By book I don't mean textbook. Extra-cirricular book.

Last edited:
HSC
This is easy to avoid. Just make excuses for not wanting to see them outside your tute/lecture, and hence you only have to see them 12 times in 6 months.

Bring an ipod and a book. You'll fit right in if you just sit down somewhere and use one/both of them, rather than wandering campus.

EDIT: By book I don't mean textbook. Extra-cirricular book.
Yeah that's probably the best idea. Cheers :)

spazamataz

HSC
Enrolment today was awkward enough.

This girl tried talking to me while I was in the computer lab but I just wanted to get out of there, im sorry girl, maybe we can be friends later if your out there!

But yeah everyone appeared to have friends and everything already with them so I was like dam...

But one of the uni people was like bring all your friends to o-party!! hahaha

Andi0390

HSC
Hmmm I hate looking like I am lost, doing nothing or waiting for someone, so I always just sort of walk around looking like a have a purpose with music on.

I cannot understand how people stand there and wait for people. I really wish it was a skill I had because I always end up walking away and people get all grr.

Lou283

HSC
Enrolment today was awkward enough.

This girl tried talking to me while I was in the computer lab but I just wanted to get out of there, im sorry girl, maybe we can be friends later if your out there!

But yeah everyone appeared to have friends and everything already with them so I was like dam...

But one of the uni people was like bring all your friends to o-party!! hahaha
Does that mean you have already enrolled in your commerce subjects i.e enrolled in specific classes. At this rate all the good classes will be gone before its my day!! Seems a little unfair!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Does that mean you have already enrolled in your commerce subjects i.e enrolled in specific classes. At this rate all the good classes will be gone before its my day!! Seems a little unfair!
There's no real limit on commerce classes. They all pretty much have over 500 students in them. BTW, aren't the two of you at different uni's anyway?

Lou283

HSC
There's no real limit on commerce classes. They all pretty much have over 500 students in them. BTW, aren't the two of you at different uni's anyway?
Haha yeh missed that - but on the same point I find it completely unfair that my academic advising is 1:30 so I called up today and I am not allowed to go in any early yet those before me can book out the good tutorial times before I even get a chance!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Are you sure you book the tutorial times in enrollment? I didn't think you did.

Dosu

HSC
N/A
just to bump up an old thread that has a lot of relevance as uni is just about to start for most peeps. i know heaps of people doing med where i am :D

i expect the first day to be pretty awkward. also, PLEASE DON'T PRETEND TO TEXT to look like you're busy when waiting before lectures, etc. it's the lamest thing ever and it's very very obvious you're a loner trying to look busy. ;)

Last edited:

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
im really paranoid that i wont make any good friends :( and its really important to me that i do make some, because this summer i lost my two best friends (long story) so now i feel like i have nobody.

does anyone know what subjects are easier to make friends in? for example maybe psychology 1? how about human resources units, i dont think many commerce students major in that since theres only one lecture session time?

cassiecocaine

HSC
Oh man, I can be so shy... I don't know how I'll be able to introduce myself and everything, lucky I know some people who are doing my courses. Any tiny peice of advice anyone can give is so welcomed by me hahaha

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
im really paranoid that i wont make any good friends :( and its really important to me that i do make some, because this summer i lost my two best friends (long story) so now i feel like i have nobody.
Did they die?

does anyone know what subjects are easier to make friends in? for example maybe psychology 1? how about human resources units, i dont think many commerce students major in that since theres only one lecture session time?
It's less about the group and more about the individuals in it. You won't know good or bad until you get there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)