What you hate about UNSW (2 Viewers)

Pace_T

HSC
Dumsum said:
The Spot is pretty much amazing, so many good restaurants. And an ice cream shop :D
hmm wheres "the spot"

karoooh

HSC
Pace_T said:
hmm wheres "the spot"
Where the Ritz is. Get to uni High St entrance, turn right, walk all the way up, cross the lights at Avoca and then down Perouse Road. Sounds far, but it really isn't.

click here

to see my profile
HSC
So about the lines for the bus on tuesday mornings...when will they get shorter? I have a feeling they won't :(

FeelBare

HSC
For the previous year, after the first week or so the bus queues dwindled a bit, but we're into our third week and it's still just as bad o_o. So no; they're never going to get shorter D:

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
FeelBare said:
For the previous year, after the first week or so the bus queues dwindled a bit, but we're into our third week and it's still just as bad o_o. So no; they're never going to get shorter D:
unless; we kill off all the first year students >D

no seriously.
lol

Tired

HSC
Dumsum said:
Where do people get the idea that the express buses are the only buses to UNSW? The normal buses come just as often, take maybe 3 mins longer and are potentially 10x more reliable.

EDIT: If you're at upper campus take the 3 min walk to Randwick and get a 37x bus to the city if there are no express buses yet.
Every thing in your post reeks of poor advice. If you were a financial advisor you would have been sued into your grave

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Tired said:
Every thing in your post reeks of poor advice. If you were a financial advisor you would have been sued into your grave
Mostly for telling people what bus to catch, not where to put their money, right?

Tired

HSC
How about this:

- For commerce students: People who get the lecturer(s) as their tutors, and learn the entire course inside-out as a result, and get a DN, while the rest of us get a muppet, whether they can't speak english, or are too lazy to teach, and just read the tut answers, and dodging having to explain anything.

- The angry table cleaner at the Quad Food Court who creeps up on you and snatches your rubbish the instant you finish eating lol

- The new Business building NOT HAVING ANY COMPUTERZZZ!!!

- Having 20/22 quiet Asian students in a tutorial, yourself, and a loud, usually caucasian/euro idiot who always asks pointless questions.

- The Anti-Iraq war stand in front of the library

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Tired said:
Have you tried catching a normal bus? When you take into the account loading time for an express bus they're essentially the same.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Tired said:
- The angry table cleaner at the Quad Food Court who creeps up on you and snatches your rubbish the instant you finish eating lol

ahahahaha that guy is great. Gotta love the passion he has for his job.

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
Tired said:
- Having 20/22 quiet Asian students in a tutorial, yourself, and a loud, usually caucasian/euro idiot who always asks pointless questions.
I think this really depends on which classes you take. I remember in first year the qma/qmb/acct classes were always super quiet because the tutorial was just for answering homework questions with no marks for student participation.

I found most of the MGMT courses are quite lively, even the quiet Asian types try to speak up every now and then.

And holy crap I have this guy in one of my tutorials who refuses to STFU in the tutorial AND the lecture asking the most inane bullshit, the type of questions answered in the COURSE OUTLINE and the PREVIOUS LECTURE. alkdsjflkasjdflkjasdlfkasdjflka. I'd take quiet Asian over this idiot any day.

FeelBare

HSC
Tired said:
Which group do you fall into?

Polski

HSC
Where are the white people?
Sorry to say, Im doing commerce/eco with accounting and finance majors..... I have concluded that im the only white person there.... Im so easy to spot in a lecture or tute that its not even funny.

Walking isnt a big deal, bit of exercise will do you good if your gonna be tied to a desk job in the future.

The sun on the other hand is a bitch as is parking.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
i've gotta say i'm loving this thread

great insights into unsw life.

does unsw have anything to do with nida? apart from the official affiliation and location i mean? like events and stuff?

FeelBare

HSC
Don't think so. The Anzac Parade UNSW bus stop is now in front of NIDA now though. That's about it.

dum_di_dum

Gladiator
HSC
Tired said:
Having 20/22 quiet Asian students in a tutorial, yourself, and a loud, usually caucasian/euro idiot who always asks pointless questions.
Lol someone who loves the sound of their own voice...thats so true, sad that the idiot usually jumps in at every question and theres not much room for participation by other students...

Trajan

HSC
Tired said:
How about this:

- For commerce students: People who get the lecturer(s) as their tutors, and learn the entire course inside-out as a result, and get a DN, while the rest of us get a muppet, whether they can't speak english, or are too lazy to teach, and just read the tut answers, and dodging having to explain anything.

- The new Business building NOT HAVING ANY COMPUTERZZZ!!!

- The Anti-Iraq war stand in front of the library

That's pretty pathetic...even the John Goodsell Building has computers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)