When does the POPE revisionist period start? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
coco_hehe said:
if it has alot of proof why is it still called a theory not a FACT
fair enough but its the same thing with the big bang theory...
this thread has gone to shit. we are now talking about natural selection...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
tomekz said:
2. I am more informed then you are..... I am a Pole (Polish person) I have studied most of the facts as well as diferent pilgrimages the Pope has done through out his LIFE, which includes his pontificate and before. I have read 2 of the 3 books he has published among other things.
wow ignorant and arrogant all in one! awesome i didnt realise that was possible.
and what the fuck does being a Pole have to do with anything.
im Irish big fucking deal

coco_87

TurboTom said:
fair enough but its the same thing with the big bang theory...
this thread has gone to shit. we are now talking about natural selection...

alright then lets close this conversation. i guess science comes from the brain and relgion comes from the heart...we all just have to respect peoples values and morals

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
coco_hehe said:
alright then lets close this conversation. i guess science comes from the brain and relgion comes from the heart...we all just have to respect peoples values and morals
oh definatly. but i wont respect someones opinion if its uninformed...

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
TurboTom, you obviously have a very big problem with Catholicism in general (understandably), but arguing that the Pope shouldn't be canonised is like saying Hitler shouldn't have handed out medals to his top soldiers - the Pope followed the traditional readings, as well as his own readings, of the Bible, and he led the Catholic Church, from most Catholics' point of view, in a very good way. His canonisation, while it may seem reprehensible to you because of his stance/actions on various issues, ultimately is only of consequence to Catholics. I can't be bothered looking it up, but I'm sure there are many other saints that have done much worse things than calling homosexuality a sin.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Monkey Butler said:
but I'm sure there are many other saints that have done much worse things than calling homosexuality a sin.
yes but put that in historical context... thats my problem with the pope... the world in general respects and accepts homoesexuality... why cant christianity?

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Because that was his, and, since its creation, his Church's, reading of the Bible. Theyall believe that the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin, so they are bound to follow it. If JPII honestly believed that that's what the Bible says, it was his duty to follow it, not the other way around - he couldn't make up his own mind and then find justification for it in the Bible. That's not what his position was about.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
coco_hehe said:
a) Alot of things with proofs are called theories still (eg Fundamental Theorem of Algebra)

b) There are still parts missing which are still a mystery however in time these will probably be solved.

tomekz

HSC
TurboTom said:
wow ignorant and arrogant all in one! awesome i didnt realise that was possible.
and what the fuck does being a Pole have to do with anything.
im Irish big fucking deal
Being a Pole has Alot to do with the subject... Again much of what you said can be turned and said towards you.... Anyways i have said all i needed but more then i wanted.. You have your views i have mine...

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
tomekz said:
Being a Pole has Alot to do with the subject... Again much of what you said can be turned and said towards you.... Anyways i have said all i needed but more then i wanted.. You have your views i have mine...
indeed, too much.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
TurboTom said:
to me? someone who knows nothing but has the most to say? why would you question that?
Definitions of ignorant on the Web:

lacking general education or knowledge; "an ignorant man"; "nescient of contemporary literature"; "an unlearned group incapable of understanding complex issues"; "exhibiting contempt for his unlettered companions"
ignorant of the fundamentals of a given art or branch of knowledge; "ignorant of quantum mechanics"; "musically illiterate"
lacking basic knowledge; "how can someone that age be so ignorant?"; "inexperienced and new to the real world"
used of things; lacking sense or awareness; "ignorant hope"; "fine innocent weather"
unversed: lacking knowledge or skill; "unversed in the jargon of the social scientist"
lacking information or knowledge; "an unknowledgeable assistant"
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

Adj. Not polite, disrespectful, rude. {Informal}
www.peevish.co.uk/slang/i.htm

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Napstar said:
we all need to respecta the pope! he represents jesus so be more respectfull! leave da bible alone it is gods holy book!
naive:
marked by or showing unaffected simplicity and lack of guile or worldly experience; "a teenager's naive ignorance of life"; "the naive assumption that things can only get better"; "this naive simple creature with wide friendly eyes so eager to believe appearances"
callow: lacking experience of life; "a callow youth of seventeen"
lacking sophistication
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

pete_mate

HSC
Napstar said:
we all need to respecta the pope! he represents jesus so be more respectfull! leave da bible alone it is gods holy book!
you should be more respectful, this assclown the pope is not mentioned in the bible, and saying that the is god's messenger is complete blasphemy,
jesus is god's messenger, read the bible

Napstar said:
yeh. god created us to be how we are today and that ISNT just a theory.
a theory is better than a belief, a belief has no evidence whatsoever
evidence for evolution has occured in our lifetimes on the famous galapogas islands, yet concise documentation of species transforming over a billion years is hard to come by, thats why its a theory

coco_hehe said:
read up on some post-modernism and nothing is factual, though i can have the opinion that your an idiot

and homosexuality, the bible specifically says that you must not wear clothing made of more than 1 fibre, yet the pope and his cronies ignore this rule, and instead focus on saying homosexuality is wrong, of which is only implied by the bible (and can therefore be interpreted differantly)

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
pete_mate said:
you should be more respectful, this assclown the pope is not mentioned in the bible, and saying that the is god's messenger is complete blasphemy,
jesus is god's messenger, read the bible

a theory is better than a belief, a belief has no evidence whatsoever
evidence for evolution has occured in our lifetimes on the famous galapogas islands, yet concise documentation of species transforming over a billion years is hard to come by, thats why its a theory

read up on some post-modernism and nothing is factual, though i can have the opinion that your an idiot

and homosexuality, the bible specifically says that you must not wear clothing made of more than 1 fibre, yet the pope and his cronies ignore this rule, and instead focus on saying homosexuality is wrong, of which is only implied by the bible (and can therefore be interpreted differantly)
When Jesus told Saint Peter to carry on his work after his death this is considered the start of papacy

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I agree with everything that turbo tom has said (except for that which has not yet been backed up by sources eg:weapons).

All this "great man" stuff people have been spouting, sounds like it's straight out of the propaganda news reports (which I expect it mostly is). When I talked to people at school last term, we were all like "This Popes a conservative bum, can't wait till he dies" (catholic school btw), but next term I know it's gonna be like "we should respect him loads, he was a GREAT MAN". Reverence in death is fine by me, but lets not exult his life. We don't have to respect him as "Napstar" sais- I don't respect him, and none of you or your stupid christian ascosiates can make me.

And why did everyone start attacking turbo toms character? Because you were too afraid to confront the damn issue. "Tomekz" or whatever, stop shitting on about being a Pole- you're starting to make me racist, so shutup. And Korn, you said something along the lines of Africans should have less sex so they stop having babys that they can't support. This is the sort of fucked up racism that I always encounter among Australians- I lived in Zimbabwe for two years, and damn it, half of everyone here talks about Africans like they are animals who need to be told how to control their populations... anyway thats another issue. And I don't want to hear inter-denominational conflict in this thread because I squirm when I hear someone say "Catholics are obvbiously wrong- The Bible clearly sais...". The bibles a piece of shit (sorry, I'm not going to elaborate on that one).

The biggest bitch about the Pope dying is that an equally conservative Pope will probably be elected.

Oh,and on all the good things that the Pope has done, I say that he didn't do enough in the context of the 20th and 21st centurys.

Last edited:

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
fleepbasding said:
And why did everyone start attacking turbo toms character? Because you were too afraid to confront the damn issue. "Tomekz" or whatever, stop shitting on about being a Pole- you're starting to make me racist, so shutup. And Korn, you said something along the lines of Africans should have less sex so they stop having babys that they can't support.
hmmm you touch on the character of the people who do this... its funny, as soon as you make a comment or argument that some people might not agree with, people like tomekz, withoutaface and napstar pop up and make it personal... i think it makes them feel really good to attack someone character on the net because there can be no repercussions... i question whether if this was a legitimate debate if they would be so direct and angry with their responses... the answer is no because people like withoutaface are pathetic half men who spend their time living in a fantasy world where they are a dominating character in this pseudo reality that they make for themselves...
get a life mate...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
fleepbasding said:
I agree with everything that turbo tom has said (except for that which has not yet been backed up by sources eg:weapons).

All this "great man" stuff people have been spouting, sounds like it's straight out of the propaganda news reports (which I expect it mostly is). When I talked to people at school last term, we were all like "This Popes a conservative bum, can't wait till he dies" (catholic school btw), but next term I know it's gonna be like "we should respect him loads, he was a GREAT MAN". Reverence in death is fine by me, but lets not exult his life. We don't have to respect him as "Napstar" sais- I don't respect him, and none of you or your stupid christian ascosiates can make me.

And why did everyone start attacking turbo toms character? Because you were too afraid to confront the damn issue. "Tomekz" or whatever, stop shitting on about being a Pole- you're starting to make me racist, so shutup. And Korn, you said something along the lines of Africans should have less sex so they stop having babys that they can't support. This is the sort of fucked up racism that I always encounter among Australians- I lived in Zimbabwe for two years, and damn it, half of everyone here talks about Africans like they are animals who need to be told how to control their populations... anyway thats another issue. And I don't want to hear inter-denominational conflict in this thread because I squirm when I hear someone say "Catholics are obvbiously wrong- The Bible clearly sais...". The bibles a piece of shit (sorry, I'm not going to elaborate on that one).

The biggest bitch about the Pope dying is that an equally conservative Pope will probably be elected.

Oh,and on all the good things that the Pope has done, I say that he didn't do enough in the context of the 20th and 21st centurys.
Actually, this is what i posted:
Korn said:
Some ppl would say that Communism was a bad thing and his interferance was good, and according to the Bible (as Waf has already said) Homosexuality is a moral sin and is evil, also what evidence do u have of the weapons thing, and finally there are ppl that would say that the ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed
So dont try and put forward this shit about me being racist, i never said that I hate African's, i said that there are ppl who think this way. So dont try and say that thats racist., as it goes for anyone, if you cant support ur kids what the fuck are you doing having them, seriously ppl should start taking responsiblity for the consequences of their actions

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Originally Posted by Korn
Some ppl would say that Communism was a bad thing and his interferance was good, and according to the Bible (as Waf has already said) Homosexuality is a moral sin and is evil, also what evidence do u have of the weapons thing, and finally there are ppl that would say that the ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed

Korn said:
Actually, this is what i posted:

So dont try and put forward this shit about me being racist, i never said that I hate African's, i said that there are ppl who think this way. So dont try and say that thats racist., as it goes for anyone, if you cant support ur kids what the fuck are you doing having them, seriously ppl should start taking responsiblity for the consequences of their actions

When people (like you) say "there are people that would say" they are ussually trying to avoid having to answer for their own views. And don't say that you don't believe that "ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed" because in your reply to my post you say "if you cant support ur kids what the fuck are you doing having them". So just accept that YOU say that, not "some people".

I'm sorry for calling you racist, I think you are well-intentioned but just seriously un-informed on modern Africa. Many Africans feel that they must have many babies because of the high rate of infant mortality (ie: increasing the chances of having children survive past infancy), they need children to work on the farm or support the parents as they get into old age (because as you can imagine, African countrys don't have good social welfare systems to deal with old people).

"ppl should start taking responsiblity for the consequences of their actions"- was it the actions of tribal Africans that has made modern Africa a poverty-stricken continent? No, it was the european colonists at the turn of the century that stole the land and natural resources. Many African countries today suffer from poverty and AIDS while european companies are mining African minerals (such as daimonds in Nigeria) and making hundreds of millions of dollars. Sure, some African governments have handled post-colonial independence quite badly but you should accept that the poverty of Africans is hardly their own fault.

Why don't you stop judging Africans and start trying to help them?

EDIT: This is all quite off-topic.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Originally Posted by Korn

When people (like you) say "there are people that would say" they are ussually trying to avoid having to answer for their own views. And don't say that you don't believe that "ppl in Africa should be more concerned with food then having sex and potential creating more ppl they cant feed" because in your reply to my post you say "if you cant support ur kids what the fuck are you doing having them". So just accept that YOU say that, not "some people".

I'm sorry for calling you racist, I think you are well-intentioned but just seriously un-informed on modern Africa. Many Africans feel that they must have many babies because of the high rate of infant mortality (ie: increasing the chances of having children survive past infancy), they need children to work on the farm or support the parents as they get into old age (because as you can imagine, African countrys don't have good social welfare systems to deal with old people).

"ppl should start taking responsiblity for the consequences of their actions"- was it the actions of tribal Africans that has made modern Africa a poverty-stricken continent? No, it was the european colonists at the turn of the century that stole the land and natural resources. Many African countries today suffer from poverty and AIDS while european companies are mining African minerals (such as daimonds in Nigeria) and making hundreds of millions of dollars. Sure, some African governments have handled post-colonial independence quite badly but you should accept that the poverty of Africans is hardly their own fault.

Why don't you stop judging Africans and start trying to help them?

EDIT: This is all quite off-topic.
Why dont i help them, because I believe if ur gonna give to charity you should start with ur own backyard, there are ppl just as poor in other countries, even in oz

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Korn said:
Why dont i help them, because I believe if ur gonna give to charity you should start with ur own backyard, there are ppl just as poor in other countries, even in oz
I agree that it's important to try and fix things in Australia, but seriously- poverty in Africa is at an entirely different level, both in severity and scale. Don't turn your back on the third-world just because our country isn't perfect. It's not like poverty in Australia is so hard to deal with that we can't ALSO donate some of our expendable income on stopping the preventable deaths of millions, in countries not as fortunate as our own. There are very few people in Australia that are as poor as millions of Africans.

If you aren't wealthy and can't afford to donate, then I apologize, because my attacks are aimed at those who can afford to.

- This is tottally of topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)