When does your atar get mailed to you? (1 Viewer)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Ahh I get it now. As MadHarris said, the atar is done by UAC and the results are done by BOS. So BOS will send the HSC credentials ONLY to your mail and UAC will send your atar notice on the 20th Dec as it says on the link posted by Adrita: http://www.uac.edu.au/undergraduate/key-dates.shtml

I've created this elaborate plan. ;) I already created fake credentials lol. It looks pretty much identical to the original. There are samples of the credentials posted on the BOS site. And you're right, I used photoshop + word. If anyone wants to see it, just pm me.

How is it not a good idea? My plans is PERFECT! MUAHAHAHAH
Lol dw, I photoshopped my report last year to slightly better marks and ranks. But I felt guilty so I didn't show them. I pretended the report hadn't gotten sent. Then mum found it... all hell broke loose.
Lol, nah, but they weren't impressed with the photoshopped results either lol (thankgod they didn't realise otherwise I would have gotten into so much shit).

cookiebook

HSC
Lol dw, I photoshopped my report last year to slightly better marks and ranks. But I felt guilty so I didn't show them. I pretended the report hadn't gotten sent. Then mum found it... all hell broke loose.
Lol, nah, but they weren't impressed with the photoshopped results either lol (thankgod they didn't realise otherwise I would have gotten into so much shit).
Haha, yeah I feel really guilty too but I feel that I'm going to get the same reaction when they see my atar as well as if they somehow discover that I faked the results lol. But I am planning to tell them the truth after proving to them that you don't need a good atar to be successful. :( I plan on taking units via Open University next year and see where I get to from there :)

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Haha, yeah I feel really guilty too but I feel that I'm going to get the same reaction when they see my atar as well as if they somehow discover that I faked the results lol. But I am planning to tell them the truth after proving to them that you don't need a good atar to be successful. :( I plan on taking units via Open University next year and see where I get to from there :)
Open university? Are you in a rural area?

Makematics

HSC
Lol i havent shown my parents any of my results for the HSC yet. I just told them we dont get any reports :lol:

cookiebook

HSC
Open university? Are you in a rural area?
http://www.open.edu.au

Open university. Pretty much you can do degrees and units from actual credited universities without any requirements. I just thought it would be better than any other alternate pathways I've seen because I can pretty much start uni straight away and if I maintain a good enough GPA, I can transfer to an on-campus university, plus get my units credited so I'm not a year late! It is distant education, and no I'm not from a rural area, I am just 100% certain I won't get the atar for my dream course. I just couldn't do my best because of things that happened. :(

Lol i havent shown my parents any of my results for the HSC yet. I just told them we dont get any reports
LOL, I did the exact same thing!

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Lol, I thought you and Menomaths were the same person for a second, replying to yourself.

My parents are pretty gullible, so I think I can get away with this
But Menomaths and I are the same person

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
http://www.open.edu.au

Open university. Pretty much you can do degrees and units from actual credited universities without any requirements. I just thought it would be better than any other alternate pathways I've seen because I can pretty much start uni straight away and if I maintain a good enough GPA, I can transfer to an on-campus university, plus get my units credited so I'm not a year late! It is distant education, and no I'm not from a rural area, I am just 100% certain I won't get the atar for my dream course. I just couldn't do my best because of things that happened. :(
What do you want to do?

But Menomaths and I are the same person
fkn hell, confused me too

madharris

HSC
N/A
My parents are pretty gullible, so I think I can get away with this
Alternately just camp at your letter box until it comes :)
Invite some friends, toast some marshmallows, you'll be fine :D

cookiebook

HSC
Alternately just camp at your letter box until it comes :)
Invite some friends, toast some marshmallows, you'll be fine :D
I'm going overseas from 7th of Nov till 5th Jan and my Dad is not coming so he'll be checking the mail every single freaking day. :( I usually collect the mail so it wouldn't be suspicious if I want to check the mail one day but I won't even be here in Australia and he'll read the atar notice D:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Lol, yeah i'm confused too 0.0

Huh? What do you mean? o.o And I want to do engineering, in particular, electronics
Why do it via Open university (social suicide)? Just go to a uni with a lower ATAR and then transfer

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Why do it via Open university (social suicide)? Just go to a uni with a lower ATAR and then transfer
Agreed .. IMO going to the actual uni is better than learning online .

cookiebook

HSC
I only have to do 2 units which takes 13 weeks to complete, then I can apply for mid entry for university next year during July. Plus the courses I want to require weekly, on-campus sessions as engineering electronics is very practical. You also have meet-ups with fellow open-university students so I didn't think it would be that bad, social wise. Plus it's only for 13 weeks until I get the chance to go to a real on-campus university. The courses I have also picked are just high school level maths, physics, chemistry and a single engineering non-award unit so it shouldn't be too hard..or I hope :S

If I want to do a course with a lower atar cut-off and then transfer, can I transfer mid year?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)