When to start remembering essays for trials? (1 Viewer)

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
My trials are in 3 weeks, so when should I start remembering my English essays and creative? Now?

I know some of you don't like the idea of memorising essays, but sorry.

mreditor16

HSC
I am in the same position, and aiming to start memorising 7 days before. An essay/creative a day, with 2 days for final revision and touch-ups.

Hope it goes well mate! :D

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
I am in the same position, and aiming to start memorising 7 days before. An essay/creative a day, with 2 days for final revision and touch-ups.

Hope it goes well mate! :D
wow yeah I remember last time I started remembering 3 days before and screwed up, so yep thanks everyone, gonna start right now :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeaj start now. Never top early to start and the earlier you do it, the more embedded it will be in your head

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yeaj start now. Never top early to start and the earlier you do it, the more embedded it will be in your head

Wow those typos...

skillstriker

HSC
Try to remember them as soon as you can so that you can practise adapting them to different questions.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
You'll probably need like 2 days max tbh to remember your prepared essays for each paper (AoS and modules).

What will take longer in terms of preparation is practising 'adapting your prepared material whether it be your essay or extra material (cause you really want to know your text as a whole)' to different questions.

D94

HSC
N/A
You don't need to remember it word for word. You can easily remember structural aspects such as the beginning of each paragraph, intro, conclusion, and major points/quotes/arguments.

Anyway, it should only take a few days if you want to remember it word for word. I remember for my trials, I had English Paper 2 and Modern History on the same day, so you can imagine how fun that was (a total of 6+ essays or equivalent).

HSC
You would be surprised how much you can remember in a short amount of time under pressure.

Here's how I would memorise my essays

1. Copy down the first sentence of the paragraph onto paper
2. Rewrite that first sentence without looking and then copy the next sentence down
3. Rewrite the first two sentences from memory, copy the 3rd sentence down etc etc

Do this for every paragraph.

Ended up memorising all 3 English Advanced modules essays within half a day however this may not work for everyone. Best to find your own method.

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
lol i remembered 1k in 2 hours by just reading and speaking it out loud
dont really recommend doing that but it worked for me

for aos you probably have 2k words
modules a, b, c has about 3k words
so going by that its like 10 hours?

definitely break that up though over the course of your holidays though
don't do it all in one day

photastic

HSC
I envy those who can memorise essays, I had to rap shit music to get it in my head :p

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I envy those who can memorise essays, I had to rap shit music to get it in my head :p
HAHA
but when you do something enough times (i.e. edit your essays, write them out, etc) it sticks to your head

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I find myself editing my essays to the last minute which allows me to familiarise with it quite a lot

I can memorise 2000 words in the day before the exam :D

Seeing as you have plenty of time though I advise that you do bit by bit everyday

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Cheers guys! oh my lord photographic memory...don't even get me started - like what an advantage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)