Which language would you teach your kids to speak first? Why? (1 Viewer)

Which language would you teach your kids to speak first?

• Total voters

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
My parents are offering to teach my kids Chinese while I teach them English :D

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Both arabic and English at the same time. Probs more Arabic though cos its a more difficult language. They'd be able to pick up English pretty quickly with school and all.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Umm... English. Because I will expect my children to be well-read and literarily... adept. And stuff.

THEY SHALL BE BEACONS OF ACADEMIC... PROFESSIONALISM

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it sad that this is an actual concern in my life?
because I'm pretty sure the chances of me marrying an indian girl are pre slim
If you're being srs, then yeah it kind of is lol. You got Plenty of time man. If it comes to it, as in you can't find one, there's always an arranged marriage haha.

Or if you don't want one then I guess it's too bad lol get disowned or listen :p

planino

HSC
I know this may be pretty far away for me and many of us. But for the people who usually speak another language other than English at home. Would you teach your kids english as their first language? or not?

But then, what if your parents aren't fluent in english then they won't be able to communicate?

Also, I'm pretty sure I'll be speaking english with my partner.

Ahh... I really don't know.

What about you guys?
Well English is the only compulsory subject in the HSC (for many, including me, the hardest as well) so I'd want to start my little bubba on it early. That way while s/he's scribbling down essays during his/her HSC he/she'll be thinking about setting, plot, context and not the correct 'your' or 'you're' to use

Rixon

swirv
HSC
people have been speaking english their whole lives and still can't tell the difference between you're and your

animeiswild

HSC
I think I'd teach my kids Canto first. Our kids would learn English from school and they'll eventually speak English with their friends anyway, so I don't think there's a need for me to teach them English first. Also in a competitive world like this, I think knowing an extra language would help so teaching them a language other than English would be better.

fishrushed

HSC
I'd teach them chinese... if i weren't so bad or fob at it :(
learning an extra language nowadays is invaluable :)

jnney

lemon
HSC
I don't even know if I'm even going to have kids, let alone teach them languages.

ifeellikeimtooyoungtobemakingthesedecisions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)