Which library do you study at? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Stupidest argument ever. If you don't want to play your PS3 because it distracts you from your study, don't play your PS3. Simple as that. If you find yourself getting distracted by consoles it means you don't want good results as much as you think you do.

Yes, the truth is brutal. I did my HSC with consoles, PCs, projectors, seedboxes, and a home theater within my reach. I just didn't touch them when it was study time.
Just means you have good self control. Others don't have self control as well as you do tbh.

loaves

HSC
I haaate libraries. Much prefer being at home in my pajamas where I can eat and fidget as much as I want. (Granted, my productivity levels are abysmal, but being in a library doesn't change that...)

madharris

HSC
N/A
I've been to state library twice, chatswood library twice but i like my school library a lot better, i go to it a few times a week

Examine

same
HSC
+1

Castle Hill library. Pretty much every day.
I find it a good place to study (just started studying at libraries), except it crowds really fast after school, Even though my school is a minute away

Probably the most daunting part is trying to find a spot to study and in le process people keep staring at you :/

LifeBoats

Wizard.
HSC
I find it a good place to study (just started studying at libraries), except it crowds really fast after school, Even though my school is a minute away

Probably the most daunting part is trying to find a spot to study and in le process people keep staring at you :/
Haha, go to the Sonya Phillips (?) room. I don't think many people know of it, so it's pretty easy to find a spot to study. And it's considerably quieter.

2xL

HSC
Stupidest argument ever. If you don't want to play your PS3 because it distracts you from your study, don't play your PS3. Simple as that. If you find yourself getting distracted by consoles it means you don't want good results as much as you think you do.

Yes, the truth is brutal. I did my HSC with consoles, PCs, projectors, seedboxes, and a home theater within my reach. I just didn't touch them when it was study time.
Just stating my own experience and my opinion. My computer does distract me especially if I'm not using it for study so I move to a location without it. Perhaps you have better discipline than me but in no way does it make my argument stupid or invalid.

Last edited:

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I dont think I've ever set foot in a library for study - I found I was at my best at home. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but what is the appeal of studying at a library anyway (I never got it)?
I'm the same! I have only gone to the library when I needed books for research.

I know this sounds weird but I find libraries noisy?

I prefer the quiet home study I've set up.

Kamal15

HSC

Agreed. Seems like some self control and motivation will go a long way in helping you get a solid atar in the HSC.

will_

HSC
Uni Grad

relax your sacks mate. not all of us have the self-control to avoid procrastination. you must accept that everyone is different

Examine

same
HSC
Haha, go to the Sonya Phillips (?) room. I don't think many people know of it, so it's pretty easy to find a spot to study. And it's considerably quieter.
I was at the arc today. So you know how it takes forever to find a seat there? Anyway I found a seat in front of the computers so I began studying. Minutes later somebody asked for my spot since it was in front of the computer (since I don't know the rules in the library I gave her the seat. So I was studying on the floor until she got off after an hour. I went back studying then minutes later somebody else asked for my seat.

Nobody else had this happen to them :( :cry: :(

Domsky

HSC
Campsie and Ashfield Library :) however I have seen the Chatwood library, looks pretty awesome i might go there with my mates and other people to have a study group! :)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
relax your sacks mate. not all of us have the self-control to avoid procrastination. you must accept that everyone is different
Oh trust me, I'm relaxed. As I said, the truth is brutal. If you feel bad about procrastinating, it simply means that you don't crave excellence as much as you think you do. Nothing wrong with that, though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)