Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

YO!

• ME2

Votes: 243 60.4%
  • EE2

Votes: 102 25.4%
  • Neither - It's a silly question

Votes: 57 14.2%

• Total voters

jswlms

HSC
Re: Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extensio

Me2

_deloso

HSC
Re: Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extensio

Maths ext2 foh' shizzle!

Chazure

HSC
Uni Grad

it's high school. save the prestige for uni lol.

4U english all the way if you can pull through it.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Maths Extension 2 Smashes English Extension 2 in scaling. In fact, I heard that Maths Extension 1 smashes English Extension 2 in scaling as well.
But English Ext 2 seems a bit more prestigious because rarely anyone does it...

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

Doesn't English extension one scale more than its extension two constituent?

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
My friend at a public school aiming for 80+ ATAR does EE2. Only people I know doing MX2 want an ATAR of around 93-99.95.
Base it off that.
Although at my school they don't run EE2 because the teacher claims it is too prestigious but he's really just a lazy cunt.

Also, my friend told the family she was staying with I was doing MX2 and the girl was like "wow. You must be really smart. I mean the hardest thing I did was EE2." she talked it down lol

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

M8, I'm good at writing stories and poems and shit that's why I got into Advanced, but I fucking suck at essays, that's why I got kicked out.
EE2 is an easy subject where you have all year to perfect a story or whatever and MX2 is something you actually have to be intelligent to go well in.

Maths can be improved through practise, unlike English.
Plus, the 4u maths paper standard has dropped a lot for the past decade.
You can basically like scab some marks in question 8.
Whereas I doubt you can scab some marks in English by bullshitting unrelated stuff.
M7, what do you think I've been doing this year with English? Fucking not practicing and improving my rank from 25th to 13th for no reason? You're actually retarded.
Will never get anywhere near 99.XX. Drop out now.

Last edited:
HSC

I'd say an extension language is pretty prestigious.

"I do extension latin". You'd sound like a total baus.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

see, because you suck in english and you're not good at essays, so that's why you get kick out to the standard shit course.
I don't suck at English as a language and lately I've been producing 100% essays because I've been practicing and yes you can get better with practice, you stupid cunt.
Fucking hell, fucking got 100% in every short story I wrote from year 7-10 including NAPLAN in year 9 and all that shit I just cbf with essays. I can't believe you think EE2 is more prestigious than MX2, when MX2 obviously has the smarter cohort and fucking stupid people do EE2.

HSC

Prestige wise, between MX2 and EE2...

I'm pretty sure people think MX2 is more boss.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I don't suck at English as a language and lately I've been producing 100% essays because I've been practicing and yes you can get better with practice, you stupid cunt.
Fucking hell, fucking got 100% in every short story I wrote from year 7-10 including NAPLAN in year 9 and all that shit I just cbf with essays. I can't believe you think EE2 is more prestigious than MX2, when MX2 obviously has the smarter cohort and fucking stupid people do EE2.
Learn to Quote.

I wish you fail in life.
Fuck u.
Even the OP thinks that EE2 is more prestigious.
Why don't u say this to him/her as well.
But I won't fail in life because I'm not you.
Being the OP doesn't mean shit.
Btw, what does the poll say? That's right, MX2 is more prestigious.
I would if they were in this conversation and if they were acting like a dickhead about it like you.

PhysicsGirl

HSC

Mathematics Extension 2. Anyone can do a decent major work in EX2 with the right materials, you just need to do work on it for like 30 minutes per day, relate it back to an EX1 idea, be creative and that's all, get regular feedback from your teachers, etc. EX2 should be looked at something fun to do. Who wouldn't enjoy writing a story or making a film? I would.

But Maths is much more precise. MX2 occasionally scales the highest out of every subject there is, you have to be accurate in Maths, when you are right, your mark is indisputable, if you are wrong, then you are wrong, that's what makes Mathematics unique to all other subjects. So MX2 is much more prestigious as more people think that if you do it, you must be extremely talented and skillful.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Mathematics Extension 2. Anyone can do a decent major work in EX2 with the right materials, you just need to do work on it for like 30 minutes per day, relate it back to an EX1 idea, be creative and that's all, get regular feedback from your teachers, etc. EX2 should be looked at something fun to do. Who wouldn't enjoy writing a story or making a film? I would.

But Maths is much more precise. MX2 occasionally scales the highest out of every subject there is, you have to be accurate in Maths, when you are right, your mark is indisputable, if you are wrong, then you are wrong, that's what makes Mathematics unique to all other subjects. So MX2 is much more prestigious as more people think that if you do it, you must be extremely talented and skillful.
1. No, do you even do extension 2 english?
2. Being difficult doesn't necessarily make something more pretigious.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

EX2 imo.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

I do ext 2 maths but I don't think much about that subject lol......

Seriously, ext 2 english is MUCH and WAYYYYYY more prestigioius.
Not everyone can write magnificently.
Writing is a skill and a talent.
If you don't have a flair for languages, you're doomed.
I find it hard to believe that you do EX2.

kcqn93

HSC

EX1 is definitely more prestigious. It requires a lot more creativity and thought than is needed in MX2.

MX2 is covered in like the first 3 weeks of university mathematics. Not much of a big deal.

clry

HSC

y wusnt f00d tekknology up therr !

PhysicsGirl

HSC

1. No, do you even do extension 2 english?
2. Being difficult doesn't necessarily make something more pretigious.
1. No, but the major work should not be stressed over, considering it is only 1 unit. It should be looked at something extra and fun to do. Just be creative, go over your work, get feedback, get the materials. If you're doing a video, spend about an hour or so everyday filming new locations, practising and finding actors to play roles, etc. It doesn't even have to be like that; you can just film the whole thing in your neighbourhood. It is not hard. You have the whole year to do it. It's not like they say "Finish this in 3 weeks." If I did EX2 English, I would consider doing that like a break from my studies. It is totally different from other English courses, considering your major work can be about whatever you want, it is useless stressing over it. It is pretty easy to get the marks. If you have the resources, you are set. MX2 is completely different; I have said time and time again that what makes Mathematics different from everything else is that you HAVE to be accurate; with other subjects you can just write any sentence or essay that makes sense and relates and you are guaranteed to get at least some marks, but there can only be one answer in Maths.

2. I don't even believe MX2 is "difficult", I don't believe anything is difficult if you put in an effort, but you can't deny that MX2 is looked to be THE subject where if you can say "I do it", people literally consider you extremely talented and smart, because the course itself is put on a pedestal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)