Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

YO!

• ME2

Votes: 243 60.4%
  • EE2

Votes: 102 25.4%
  • Neither - It's a silly question

Votes: 57 14.2%

• Total voters

LordPc

HSC
Re: Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extensio

What?
You can't argue the fact that MX2 has better scaling
except your previous post claimed a bit more than just "MX2 has better scaling"

HSC
Re: Which subject is more "prestigious" - English Extension 2 or Mathematics Extensio

maths. and i did ext 2 english...

tku336

HSC

maths extension 2 - and i do english extension 2. its just much harder to get full marks in 4maths then 4english.

v26

HSC

Can't compare them, they both are equally the two most prestigious subjects in the HSC. The only thing is that most probably find that Maths 2X is harder work

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A

Without getting into prejudices, which is bound to happen when maths or english oriented students vote over which is essentially "better", the only quantitative measure of distinguishing the "most prestigious" is with the scaling performances of MX2 and EX2, in which MX2 is on top.

duckcowhybrid

HSC

MX2. Maybe because I want to do it rather than EX2 (which I can do as well)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

hahah god what's with people being all 'MX2=EX2' gtfo please.

mx2 kthnxbai

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

maths extension 2 because it's about a billion times harder and scales far far better.

The only people who would disagree are idiots
+1

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

MX2 :)

(Only because i'm not an English fan)

Plus I love MATHS :D:D:D

u-borat

Banned
HSC

mx2 4 lyf

and i did both

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Maths Extension 2 because it's about a billion times harder and scales far far better.

The only people who would disagree are idiots
I'd actually think EX2 is harder, and the return for the amount of work is not as great as the return from MX2. However, since I'm good at English, I think MX2 is the one that holds most prestige for me, and the X2 I hope to be doing next year. I love English and I'm better at it than Maths, but it's really subjective, plus Maths is much easier to get high marks in in the Extensions for me at least. I dislike EX1, while MX1 is easy. I dunno, I'm weird. Final verdict = MX2.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC

Both are equally as hard.

Skitzy

HSC

Ext english 2 easy. heaps of ppl do 4U maths and the Ex En2 is heaps conpetitive. Coming up with a new, origional idea that works and also demontrates your talent and involves everything the BOS wants is really hard. Math it's equations you learn and apply, even if it does take time and effort nothing is origional and completly maintained by you own creative mind.

so there.

:):jedi:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

heaps of ppl do 4U maths
invalid

and the Ex En2 is heaps conpetitive
less people = more competitive? what's your logic?
and you don't think ext maths is not competitive? i reckon it's MORE competitive than ext2 english.

Coming up with a new, origional idea that works
this also applies to 4 unit to some extent where you have to think of the best/quickest ways to solve the problem which are also appropriate & valid.

and also demontrates your talent and involves everything the BOS wants is really hard
what about 4 unit maths?

Math it's equations you learn and apply, even if it does take time and effort nothing is origional and completly maintained by you own creative mind.
you clearly don't understand what 4 unit maths is all about. Do some research please.

q3thefish

HSC

EE2 cuz i aint doin it. x]

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC

Ext english 2 easy. heaps of ppl do 4U maths and the Ex En2 is heaps conpetitive.
Typical english student lacking any logical reasoning.
Coming up with a new, origional idea that works and also demontrates your talent and involves everything the BOS wants is really hard.
Have you even seen the questions for 4unit?
Math it's equations you learn and apply, even if it does take time and effort nothing is origional and completly maintained by you own creative mind.
so there.
:):jedi:
Hahah theres linke 4-5 equations at most in the whole 4unit course. And even then that only helps you to question 5 at most 6,7,8 is mainly harder 3unit where you can't really 'study' for.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC

4 unit maths!!! :)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC

I'm Asian so Maths Extension 2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)