Who hates group work? (1 Viewer)

swathard

HSC
yes, i dont like group work, because it always ends up becoming "individual work" regardless, i.e. i do all the work.

its very stressful, the people in the group are just so blase about the whole thing, and the worst bit of it all, is that they complain if there's something they dont like about the way its been put together.. that is so annoying, it's like, well then why didn't you contribute if there was a certain way you wanted things to turn out? lol.

oh well, i've learned to deal with it now - i go into the assignment KNOWING that i will do everything, so there's not as much stress having to worry about when people are going to send their bits - now I know that they just WONT send anything, haha.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
I love group work because i'm always with my friend who actually do work ^^

If you have a douche in your group who does nothing, tell your teacher. That way they will get a crap mark (i'm sure the teacher knows they don't do any work) and they will probably not be in your group next time :)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
yes, i dont like group work, because it always ends up becoming "individual work" regardless, i.e. i do all the work.

its very stressful, the people in the group are just so blase about the whole thing, and the worst bit of it all, is that they complain if there's something they dont like about the way its been put together.. that is so annoying, it's like, well then why didn't you contribute if there was a certain way you wanted things to turn out? lol.

oh well, i've learned to deal with it now - i go into the assignment KNOWING that i will do everything, so there's not as much stress having to worry about when people are going to send their bits - now I know that they just WONT send anything, haha.
I Kind of agree with you...

Group work is annoying and I'm sure I have some this year for eco and business.. in term 2 :(

ahh well... gotta do it regardless

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Group work has its ups and downs.
Mostly downs though.
Very few ups, now that I think about it...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you hate group work, then don't pick Drama. Compulsory Group Project in Year 12. :D

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
I love group work with the right people. All of us are willing to work :D
Haha with the right people. Obviously you are going to love group work.
Anyway i don't know what you guys actually mean by group work....

Do you mean assignments/projects/assessments where a group is formed and they like kinda make a start in class and finish it off at home?
Then you hand it in as a group, right?

Please explain.:eek:

smushieex

HSC
group work is ok.
I guess it only sucks when you get marked as a group and you have one lazy shit that doesn't do anything. ...which is what's happening with my economics assignment right now. Erghhh. :x

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Haha with the right people. Obviously you are going to love group work.
Anyway i don't know what you guys actually mean by group work....

Do you mean assignments/projects/assessments where a group is formed and they like kinda make a start in class and finish it off at home?
Then you hand it in as a group, right?

Please explain.:eek:
Hmm right now we have an Economics assignment that makes us work in pairs or trios to research the economy of a certain country. Basically my partner and I are finding our own independent information then compiling it together and summarising it down. In English we're analysing techniques and stuff in groups and working together to find out stuff just one of us would have enver found, then putting it all together. Great fun. Also Ruse in in Sydney, in Carlingford, which is roughly northwest.

ST2010

HSC
Group work is good when you're not surrounded by douches. I found up to year 10, students didnt give a shit and group work was awful. When it came to yr 11 and 12, the lebs were culled from the system and group work became pleasurable. Still, things go crap even with one idiot in the group. Not everyone does their fair share of work, and theres communication problems b/w social retards.

ahh you lucky.. some of my classes are still screwed up bcos of those lebs. why do they bother going to school

studentcheese

HSC
Hmm right now we have an Economics assignment that makes us work in pairs or trios to research the economy of a certain country. Basically my partner and I are finding our own independent information then compiling it together and summarising it down. In English we're analysing techniques and stuff in groups and working together to find out stuff just one of us would have enver found, then putting it all together. Great fun. Also Ruse in in Sydney, in Carlingford, which is roughly northwest.
oh yes, we did that too. My friend did one country, I'm doing Australia. Later on, we're gonna photocopy the info and give it to each other. Makes it much easier than summarising together :D That would be time consuming too :D I guess group work is good when it takes less time than individual work

smushieex

HSC
We're in a trio, and that's how we were supposed to do it. lol. Turns out 2/3 people did their part, the other didn't do anything. :evilfire:

Rainie

HSC
Group work if you get to choose your own group. Otherwise no, because some douches don't give a crap and just leech a good mark off you.

OP:

Year 11 had group work. But so far Year 12 is individual at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)