who thinks P plates allow for discrimination? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Will Shakespear said:
good post

the only practical purpose they serve seems to be indicating the lower speed limit of 90 or 100

which is only relevant on a freeway anyway :/
And of course, the lowered speed limits are bullshit, there is no possible danger in traveling at 110 on a straight road at a constant speed, with no hazards. The reduction in max speed is nonsensical. There is no reason for it.

The 90 and 100 limits for p-platers is obviously ridiculous and should be abolished.

They make driving a lot more dangerous, because it means you are forced to travel well below the speed of traffic coming up behind you, forcing people to change lanes to get around you etc...

The only point of low speed limits for P-platers seems to be to frustrate provisional drivers.

Other states i.e. Victoria, don't have them.

Jake22

HSC
Especially if you are on your red P's on the highway... You overtake trucks going up a hill, and then going down the hill they overtake you, and so on, and so on... This is really not very smart.

EDIT: In reference to the 90 limit for red p's

boris

Banned
HSC
Oh yeah i got pulled over 4 times in one day once lol

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
Graney said:
And of course, the lowered speed limits are bullshit, there is no possible danger in traveling at 110 on a straight road at a constant speed, with no hazards. The reduction in max speed is nonsensical. There is no reason for it.

The 90 and 100 limits for p-platers is obviously ridiculous and should be abolished.

They make driving a lot more dangerous, because it means you are forced to travel well below the speed of traffic coming up behind you, forcing people to change lanes to get around you etc...

The only point of low speed limits for P-platers seems to be to frustrate provisional drivers.

Other states i.e. Victoria, don't have them.

yeah. i'm on my learners and i have to do the 80 km/h thing. its actually unsafe sometimes when you are on a road where the limit is 110.

especially late at night, people come up behind you and don't realise how much slower you are going, then have to make a quick change to the other lane, often dangerously. once or twice this almost resulted in an accident between the car behind me and a car already in the other lane.

jimmyjimjames

HSC
I passed FIRST GO on the driving test! Piece of piss! ...... and had 120+ hours legitimately done whilst on Ls. As for the record, pulled over various times for RBT and done once for speeding (laser gun while over-taking) on my P2 (was 110 zone, but P2 conditions say max of 100km/h).
Having said all that, can't wait to get my "blacks" and lose the plates !

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
The purpose of L, P1 and P2 signs is to primarily SIGNAL to other road users *your actual experience in regards time licensed on the road*.

It allows other road users to expect, sometimes that you 'might' make a mistake, and so to behave just a little more cautiously around you.

That said, it can signal to other traffic that your knowledge of the road rules is somewhat fresher, so wear the Plates with pride.

Experience-comes-with-time. It is done throughout the western world (and then even in the third world), even in scary places like Germany.

Keepleft

HSC
N/A
um why is germany 'scary'?
Its not, but Germany also has a graduated licensing system. The NSW system has core EU source program, with its emphasis on the DEFENSIVE COMPONENTS, which is why you now see similarities between the AUS jurisdictions.

I can say, that if NSW were to derestrict a length of road, L, P1 & P2 holders would remain speed restricted by way of 'license conditions', prob to a max 110km/h. Just thought I'd throw that in seeing as how we reference Germany: . . .

Btw, enjoy this MP3:-
http://www2.securiteroutiere.gouv.fr/IMG/mp3/asfa_radio_vitesse130_SPOT_ANGLAIS_2006_07_06.mp3

And this:-
Le site de la Scurit Routire - Le gilet et le triangle

quik.

HSC
It was either because of the p plates or cos I'm black.
Fucking love it on Cops when they see a nice car go past with a black guy driving, fastest way to get a cop to light up in the states it seems

OT - Have only been pulled over once, for a valid reason, and the cop wasn't a dick about it or nothing he just told me to fix the problem and make sure it didn't happen in the future. No big lecture, no fine, no points.

quik.

HSC
Nah, not worth paying the money for anything but an exhaust on a learner bike imo.

My p plate had flipped up and was covering my number plate. It was a heaps windy day + I had headphones in so I didn't hear him behind me for a fair bit, he called a pursuit on me. Apart from that, pretty top bloke eh

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
if your not speeding you wont get targeted....

if your bitching about getting pulled up for an RBT... then dont drive...
Hypothetical:
I'm driving on the M5, keeping up with traffic, ~120 km/h because it's dry and not congested. Going the same speed as everyone else is the safest way to travel on a motorway. A large group of cars go past a Highway Patrol car, only my car has P plates on, only I get pulled over.

How is that fair?

Laika_

Banned
HSC
you were doing 30km over ur speed rimit bloke

Edit: in that scenario lol

a better scenario would be u have ur green ps and its a 100km/h road and you get pulled over

quik.

HSC
His point was that the speed limit on P platers is dangerous because not keeping up with the flow of traffic is a fairly prominent contributor to accidents

Also that all those other, supposedly experienced and fully qualified drivers, were breaking the speed limit to

Which I agree with

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
imo the message tehy're sending is that its tolerable at certain times

ie when you're on your fulls, and when its not a public holiday

Laika_

Banned
HSC
yeah i know but im just sayin it wasnt the best scenario to use because he was doing 30km over and they were only doing 10

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
yeah i know but im just sayin it wasnt the best scenario to use because he was doing 30km over and they were only doing 10
ok i got one for you

late for work doing 115 on the m4 around homebush
fly past a cop car in the middle lane, had a van behind it so i had no clue it was there til it was too late. make my way over to the middle lane waiting for the sirens, nothing happens. 3 more cars fly past, still nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)