Who thinks they've chosen the WRONG SUBJECT? (1 Viewer)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Society and Culture. Horrible choice. Should have done Engineering.
Yes you should have. Engineering is a pretty good subject, goes well with Physics, Chemistry (which I don't do) and Ext 1/2 maths.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm thinking of buying one more book for maths. A good 4 unit textbook will suffice I think...

I really should've done the Accounting tvet course. Meh IPT is cool.
I've got a Cambridge and Fitzpatrick 4U.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Foundations of 4U by S.K. Patel? Where can I buy one? :p
It's quite readily available i think, but personally recommend getting it second-hand from a past student or something as this is much cheaper than the $50 retail price. btw could sell it to you at the end of this year when i'm done with it.

klutzy

HSC
hi!!1

someone today just told me that theyre gonna drop legal at the end of this year becasue it scales down!!
i really like legal and dont wanna drop it but now that i know it scales down im contemplating it! DOES IT REALLY SCALE YOU DOWN????

Lauchlan

HSC
hi!!1

someone today just told me that theyre gonna drop legal at the end of this year becasue it scales down!!
i really like legal and dont wanna drop it but now that i know it scales down im contemplating it! DOES IT REALLY SCALE YOU DOWN????
absolutely not! legal is a solid scaler and appears on many high ATAR achivers. ignore the myths saying otherwise. most humanities scale very well, with the exception of Aboriginal Studies. i am enjoying legal, and am acing it too. XD

aya-chan

HSC
OMG. D:
I think I've really kind of screwed myself over for the HSC.

I dunno, I used to be good at german, so I picked up german extension. And I'm doing 4u math. And I hated chemistry (even though I was kind of good at it) so I dropped it at the end of yr 11 and I dropped business studies too because I just didn't have the time for 13 units and I could never find the motivation to study it.

But now it seems, I wasn't so good at german after all and I dropped german extension since I was coming last and it took up so much time for a subject that's just one unit.

So now all my hopes and dreams are riding on 4u math, adv english, german continuers and physics. And I'm under average in pretty much everything.

I should've not dropped chemistry and dropped german. Or I should've done engineering. Or something. D:

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's quite readily available i think, but personally recommend getting it second-hand from a past student or something as this is much cheaper than the $50 retail price. btw could sell it to you at the end of this year when i'm done with it.
Okay ty. Are you accelerating in 4U?

Oobadoo

HSC
...And I thought you could change your subjects anything in year 11? My school allowed people to change subjects throughout the year...
Really? I wish mine would. I think past years were allowed to though not any more, which is extremely crappy.

oobadoo you're doing like 14 units in prelim. you might as well drop art if you don't like it. I mean if you're taking 4 unit next year that's like 15 units, which is a bit too much imo.
Oh, damn, forgot to change my signature. I dropped Modern at the end of last term. It was very very crap. Unfortunately for me I didn't also drop art and pick up Engineering (could do so then), which I really should have done.

It seems that alot of people are wishing they did Engineering; and hearing from those who did choose it reaaaally just makes me wish I did it the more. :bomb:

tom9422

HSC
i think i might of.

I originally took Mathematics (2U) but was having big problems with my teacher. While the difficulty of work was nice and appropriate for me, he's just a horrible teacher in so many ways. He's the kind of teacher who knows his shit but doesn't have the slightest clue on teaching it. His notes would involve writing up pages upon pages of examples that were useless when it came to study time and would go through whole subjects in just one lesson at a great pace while being incredibly condescending when the class doesn't understand. Then after note completing his piles of homework once, maybe twice he seemed to pressure especially until i just dropped to General.

The only problem is that i find General boring, uninteresting and unchallenging. I managed to get ~80% on the first test which was like one lesson after i switched even though i barely knew the topics, let alone studied for it. I feel conflicted on whether it was a sound choice or not.

Lauchlan

HSC
i think i might of.

I originally took Mathematics (2U) but was having big problems with my teacher. While the difficulty of work was nice and appropriate for me, he's just a horrible teacher in so many ways. He's the kind of teacher who knows his shit but doesn't have the slightest clue on teaching it. His notes would involve writing up pages upon pages of examples that were useless when it came to study time and would go through whole subjects in just one lesson at a great pace while being incredibly condescending when the class doesn't understand. Then after note completing his piles of homework once, maybe twice he seemed to pressure especially until i just dropped to General.

The only problem is that i find General boring, uninteresting and unchallenging. I managed to get ~80% on the first test which was like one lesson after i switched even though i barely knew the topics, let alone studied for it. I feel conflicted on whether it was a sound choice or not.
you made the wrong choice. general is not right for you. i can tell because i too find it to be completely pathetic and boring.

i started out with a teacher that wasn't working for the class. then we were lucky to change teachers. now i have a good fighting chance and want to stay with just 2 unit for the HSC.

i feel for you.

youandmexo

HSC
hi!!1

my friend got 98.7 with legal :)
i got 93.05 :)
dont worry! its not that bad! legal is pretty easy anyway :)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Really? I wish mine would. I think past years were allowed to though not any more, which is extremely crappy.

Oh, damn, forgot to change my signature. I dropped Modern at the end of last term. It was very very crap. Unfortunately for me I didn't also drop art and pick up Engineering (could do so then), which I really should have done.

It seems that alot of people are wishing they did Engineering; and hearing from those who did choose it reaaaally just makes me wish I did it the more. :bomb:
r u thinking of doing ext 2 english next year as well?

HSC
Uni Grad
hi!!1

It's average scaling so don't worry too much
If you get above 90 then generally you won't be affected that much :D

tom9422

HSC
you made the wrong choice. general is not right for you. i can tell because i too find it to be completely pathetic and boring.

i started out with a teacher that wasn't working for the class. then we were lucky to change teachers. now i have a good fighting chance and want to stay with just 2 unit for the HSC.

i feel for you.
It's even more annoying because i was kind of pressured into dropping and i don't want to start a thing with the maths department, the head teacher doesn't really like me much. In fact, when i dropped she put me in the lower of the 2 general classes, with students that weren't exactly gifted and a teacher that is even more incompetent.

I'm thinking maybe i could switch back at the end of year 11 but i wonder if i've missed too much of if i'll just be too far behind to succeed in that class.

It's also not just my opinion on the teacher, now i hear that class has diminished to just 3 students, all dropping to general to avoid the bullshit.

I'm also iffy on the scaling for English Standard but i do well in that class and i'm not sure i'd handle the workload well in advanced.

mathemalia

HSC
hey everyone...

the subject that really pisses me off is DNT, i had no other choice but, it was either Biology or Design...and i'd've hated the memorizations with biology...

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
hey everyone...

the subject that really pisses me off is DNT, i had no other choice but, it was either Biology or Design...and i'd've hated the memorizations with biology...
yeah i'm dropin bio...always knew i would...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)