Whoever's Failing General Maths or Gettin Shit Marks This is the Place 4 U (1 Viewer)

EchoRyvre

HSC
It's only difficult if you spend your time complaining about it rather than listening in class and doing your homework - half of the paper's just common sense, really.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
Sort of true but still.......I don't know why a lot of us are still failing this subject. There's something to this subject that makes it difficult.

Roga

HSC
My teacher was so crap he can't speak English properly. But I'm still acing it.

brookelovesit

HSC
EchoRyvre said:
It's only difficult if you spend your time complaining about it rather than listening in class and doing your homework - half of the paper's just common sense, really.
Are you kidding me? Do you even do general maths? Its bloody hard! I am doing fairly well at it but its not the type of subject you can pass with "common sense"

Its a different type of maths to 2 unit but just cause its different doesn't make it easier.

ASNSWR127

HSC
I wil tell you why I get only 75 pr so in general maths

its because I get 98 in mod hist

the study of soemthing really relevant rather than "accounting figures" or whatever we do LOL

Maths people are so arrogant.

I would love to se 4U people (for the most part) discussing with me in any sort of intelligent way complex and detailed history...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
I wil tell you why I get only 75 pr so in general maths

its because I get 98 in mod hist

the study of soemthing really relevant rather than "accounting figures" or whatever we do LOL

Maths people are so arrogant.

I would love to se 4U people (for the most part) discussing with me in any sort of intelligent way complex and detailed history...
ok maybe next year after i complete history and 4u maths

henry08

HSC
N/A
Its a hell of a lot bloody easier than 2 unit maths. Lol I'd like to see somone appyly just common sense to a 2 unit matsh exam and get mroe than 10%. In a general exam the same could be done and a score of at least 30 - 40% minimum could be obtained.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
brookelovesit said:
Are you kidding me? Do you even do general maths? Its bloody hard! I am doing fairly well at it but its not the type of subject you can pass with "common sense"

Its a different type of maths to 2 unit but just cause its different doesn't make it easier.
I agree with you!
It is difficult.....really difficult.

calcie

HSC
ASNSWR127 said:
how is the past relevant? working out rates and intrest and shit is something that everyone will need to know. unless they get the bank or accountant to do it which would be alot easier.

MACKYVELIOUS

HSC
YYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK GENERAL MATHS!
i got 28% cumiltive mark for my final report
lmao im a dumb knt
but fuck it lets go
BEACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

popz-08

HSC
CHEAAA...

30's and 40's

hate it so bad..

and teacher is a dick..

maths = GAY

mugzy07

HSC
lol i know how you ALL feel

yes gen maths is underrated, only the people in 2unit and extension brag about how EASY general maths is but when they do it they shit themselves, e.g. i gave my friend a gen maths question and he's ranked 2 in ext 1 maths.... hahah NO answer!!

so on behalf of all the general maths people... go to hell u mathematics and ext maths students lol

G- unit maths ftw ! lol

does anyone else sometimes get kind of a mind-blank when doing math?

SiN3m

HSC
definately not failing but i really regret dropping from 2u...we have a chick from 3U and it's killing her.

maths teachers (at our school anyway) have to learn grammar and sentence structure coz some of thei wording makes no sense and i'm like wtf do u want me do exactly? after the exam i ask them and i'm like ah that's not what the question said...

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
Do people never consider, maybe it's not the subject that's hard, that maybe they're just not the smartest person around?

Instead they whine "uz ppl are meanz, it IS harrd, u dont know".

And of course a person doing 3 Unit with no experience in that kind of Maths would struggle if you gave them a question out of the blue. It's not just the level, it's COMPLETELY different. If they actually had the chance to learn what you have in class, they'd be kicking your arse.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
The HSC exam for this better be easy, or else this is the subject that's going to stuff me up!

HSC
Lol i dont do general maths but in my school, less than 10 people got over 50% and the rest were getting somewhere between 1% - 49%

Tulii

Like the sun will rise.
HSC
Did this thread turn into a battle between General Maths and 2U Maths, or is that just me.

I think those who are harshly critisizing people who have chosen General maths as part of there HSC course need to take a good hard look at themselves. Not only is it rude but extremely degrading to the hundreds of students who have chosen it, including myself. No its not because we are "dumb" and we certainly dont need to be told by some cocky stranger that we should be lining up at centre link.

Some people are gifted and have a natural talent in Mathamatics, and I assure you I envy those people, but there are equal numbers of people who would be much better at discussing the significance of a poem structure in a 1000 word essay.

Anyway, for those struggling in general maths, I strongly suggest looking into tutoring or getting some after class help from your teacher. From a personal experience I have found this to be beneficial and pushed my marks from 60-70s to 80-90s.

So good luck to all those studying general Maths! lets ace the HSC no sweat.

prettyodd

HSC
Haha, I started prelim year getting higher marks (70-90%) and gradually couldn't be bothered anymore :uhoh: for my yearly only got 50% :uhhuh: General really isn't as easy as people put it out to be lol..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)