• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Who's getting pokemon black and white? (2 Viewers)

Clank_

HSC
Anyone tried out Dream World?

After some initial difficulties, I got in and found a Sunkern.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
nop. been practicing the battle train to prepare for winning on sunday.

clank did you have another username on bos?

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
all 3 of those would die to +1/+1 guts conkeldurr, who is everywhere this gen... also not sure how they would kill ferrothorn, who is also everywhere

HSC
all 3 of those would die to +1/+1 guts conkeldurr, who is everywhere this gen... also not sure how they would kill ferrothorn, who is also everywhere
What does +1/+1 mean?

It's really difficult to cover all bases with a team of three. I wish the battle tower allowed 6 vs 6 matches.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
What team are you using?

Blissey, Tyranitar, Haxorus is my guess.
nah, only b/w pokemon allowed, no previous gen allowed, and no victini or zekrom or reshiram allowed.
i'll be using NOT TELLING IN CASE SOMEONE HERE IS ENTERING.
maximising my chance to win. sunday arvo i'll say what i used, and what items, and what moves.
also not a good idea to put 2 pokemon that are both quite weak to one type (fighting) : P
what's +1/+1?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Should really see if you can get in with EV hacked pmons.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
AS LONG AS THE EV SPREAD IS LEGIT.

seriously the only difference between ev training a pokemon from scratch and using pokesav to add ev's is that the former takes like an hour while the latter takes like 5 seconds.
only difference.

AS LONG AS THE EV SPREAD IS LEGIT.

edit: ie no more than 510 ev's all up, and no more than 255 ev's per stat. which is why a good spread is 252/252/4.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
i didnt win, fairly disappointed.
also so much strategy omg!

my team was galvantula (thunder, bug buzz, energy ball, hp ice, choice scarf, ev's in speed and spatt), excadrill (drill run, brick break, rock slide, rapid spin, leftovers, ev's in hp and att), reuniclus (psychic, shadow ball, hp fighting, calm mind, with magic guard, holding life orb, ev's in hp and spatt), and haxorus (outrage, earthquake, brick break, dragon dance, muscle band, ev's in att and spd).

the guy i lost to opened with a whimsicott and chandelure (which was actually a zoroark), whimsicots ability prankster lets it go first whenever it uses a status/stat changing move, so it used tailwind and double its party's speed : (
i couldnt take it down quick enough, nothing can take it down quick enough unless another faster prankster user uses taunt :/
then its zoroark and its actual chandelure both had fire moves that disposed of my 2 openers.
then chandelure beat my reuniclus, and it and conkeldurr beat my remaining haxorus : (

omg this strategy used by the top 4 people was to open with a someone and a whimsicott, whimsicott would use tailwind and then they'd proceed to rape.
2 guys opeened with terrakion and whimsicott, 1 opened with whims and zoroark, 1 opened with whims and conkelderp.
omg this strategy you wont believe it.
whims uses tailwind, terra uses protect.
whims uses beat up ON ITS PARTNER TERRA, beat up does 4 hits cos 4 on ur team, everytime terra gets hit by a dark type its attack goes up 1 stage (its ability justified does that), meaning terra now has a 4x attack boost and a 2x speed boost.

: (

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
also the tourney was like... 128 entrants, 64 random matches (1 per person), loser gets disqualified, then the 64 remaining play on etc.
i won 3 matches and lost in the 4th one when there were 16 ppl left : (

they had 5 matches going on at once during the first 2 rounds, and then 3 matches going at once in the last few. 1 of the 5 or 3 matches was being played on a big widescreen tv, they had a thingy that connected a ds to the tv so everyone not playing that round would gather around and watch, and the nintendo dude would provide a commentary.
i had 1 match on the tv (which i won), it's so cool having everyone go OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whenever my galvantula used thunder, haha =D

also so pissed off i lost cos i FORGOT WE COULD USE THE WONDERPASS THING and use items and i totally forgot, i couldve easily revived galvantula during reuniclus's turn (since it's the slowest and wouldve died anyways) and had a very good chance of winning due to it being scarfed, i could've thundered the remaining conkledurr or chandelure while haxorus couldve used outrage, tailwind wouldve died down..

HSC
Uni Grad
Wow, that's taking pokemon to the extreme hey.

Interesting though.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
also the tourney was like... 128 entrants, 64 random matches (1 per person), loser gets disqualified, then the 64 remaining play on etc.
i won 3 matches and lost in the 4th one when there were 16 ppl left : (
Top 16? In what? In the Indigo League?

Clank_

HSC
i didnt win, fairly disappointed.
also so much strategy omg!

my team was galvantula (thunder, bug buzz, energy ball, hp ice, choice scarf, ev's in speed and spatt), excadrill (drill run, brick break, rock slide, rapid spin, leftovers, ev's in hp and att), reuniclus (psychic, shadow ball, hp fighting, calm mind, with magic guard, holding life orb, ev's in hp and spatt), and haxorus (outrage, earthquake, brick break, dragon dance, muscle band, ev's in att and spd).
Decent team, however it's more suited to singles.
Should of tried a Reuniclus trick room setup with Conkeldurr, Jellicent and Musharna. Reniculus is far too slow for anything else imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)