Who's going to TSFX in July? (1 Viewer)

carlytse621

HSC
I'm thinking of going to the Business Studies and Economics ones- I hope the notes are good cos i need them!
I have heard that the economics one is not that good......instead other people suggest leading edge right???

Not sure about it coz I don't do economics......

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I was thinking about going for Chemistry and Maths Ext. Has anybody had any experience with the MX1 lectures???

Also, was considering going for modules A and C.....and maybe belonging?

But its pretty pricey, so I'm just trying to weigh up which ones would be most beneficial...pretty much guaranteed to go for chemistry, but english and maths I'm not so sure.

any advice is greatly appreciated! :wave:

yummy-cookies

HSC
I'm thinking of going to the Business Studies and Economics ones- I hope the notes are good cos i need them!
I wouldn't recommend going to the Economics one - they have the same presenter as the summer one and he wasn't so great.

I was thinking about going for Chemistry and Maths Ext. Has anybody had any experience with the MX1 lectures???

But its pretty pricey, so I'm just trying to weigh up which ones would be most beneficial...pretty much guaranteed to go for chemistry, but english and maths I'm not so sure.

Chemistry was good - I recommend going to that

Maths Ext - my problem was that the questions weren't really challenging at
the summer one, but i guess that could change.

The english lectures were not so great last time since they just grouped all the modules together so very little time was actually spent on your own texts, but i think they're having more specific lectures this year. The quality of the lectures also depends on the individual teacher who is teaching it - the one presenting at my lectures was awful, but the presenters at the other ones seemed better from what I heard.

emmcyclopedia

HSC
I wouldn't recommend going to the Economics one - they have the same presenter as the summer one and he wasn't so great.

Chemistry was good - I recommend going to that

Maths Ext - my problem was that the questions weren't really challenging at
the summer one, but i guess that could change.

The english lectures were not so great last time since they just grouped all the modules together so very little time was actually spent on your own texts, but i think they're having more specific lectures this year. The quality of the lectures also depends on the individual teacher who is teaching it - the one presenting at my lectures was awful, but the presenters at the other ones seemed better from what I heard.

thankyou, i don't think i'll do the english lectures, but i think i'll still go ahead with chem and mx1.

but now im starting to think biology might be worthwhile too???
has anyone had experience with the biology lectures?

eriito

Elite Member
HSC

I was at the summer school MX1 lectures. Personally, I didn't like it. I'm not sure about these trial preparation ones though.

HSC
TSFX trial exam lecture

Anyone got any opinion about this upcoming holiday lecture??? Like is it worth it, or the price is reasonable???

HSC
Re: TSFX trial exam lecture

send me the link to the thread then, i only remember seeing the thread about the introductory of the course but not the trial exam lecture :S

0hNivlek

HSC
So can anyone find the online registration link on their website? I emailed them and they said its on their home page but i can't find it lol...

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Re: TSFX trial exam lecture

Anyone know if the physics lectures are any good? English aren't great, so if I go to any, I'll got to physics.

HSC
One of the teacher is a HSC board marker and the other one is from Selften high don't really no if that school has a good rep in the science department, but excellent in the math :)p

maths-bbqz

HSC
I was considering going but the brochure i was given advertised the price so bloody high...
i heard that the notes are pretty good but at those prices...? the lectures for each subject took place across a minimum of two days and considering the travel time, i didnt think it would be worth it
I guess it's worth going to these free lectures, but from past experience, all cost-free lectures haven't been very good

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
they keep talking about having 300+ pages of notes, but seriously who in their right mind would actually read all of that...

HSC
Are the lectures for Modern History, English and Legal Studies worthwhile?

On the registration form you can specify exactly what unit/module you are studying (ie. Albert Speer for Modern; Frankenstein/BladeRunner for English and Workplace for Legal for me). Does this mean that it's worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)