Who's gonna do 4u? (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
But we start 4u in term 3...
That's illegal. I couldn't imagine any school doing that. Not even James Ruse. Are you sure about this? Are you officially starting the course? (ie. Your assessments will now count for Mathematics)

Our teacher has given us 4 Unit practice, but we haven't officially started the course.

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
Yea way too early i reckon.. What school is it btw?

HSC
That's illegal. I couldn't imagine any school doing that. Not even James Ruse. Are you sure about this? Are you officially starting the course? (ie. Your assessments will now count for Mathematics)

Our teacher has given us 4 Unit practice, but we haven't officially started the course.
I don't think it's official because we will have classes during lunches and after school and we still have to go to our regular math class.

Last edited:

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I don't think it's official because we will have classes during lunches and after school and we still have to go to our regular math class.
That should be fine then. If it was official and you do your assessments in term 3, I would be complaining.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
You suck... I didn't touch the course until term 4 2010.

That's the regular scheme of things... That's totes official.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I can't understand this embargo on start of 4U by Board of Studies. If I were a student and have the ability, I'm going to study it myself as early as possible. Anyway a lot of coaching centres do teach stuff ahead so that their students have a head start and gain an "unfair" advantage.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
I can't understand this embargo on start of 4U by Board of Studies. If I were a student and have the ability, I'm going to study it myself as early as possible. Anyway a lot of coaching centres do teach stuff ahead so that their students have a head start and gain an "unfair" advantage.
People can choose what they want to learn. :)

HSC
That should be fine then. If it was official and you do your assessments in term 3, I would be complaining.
Are you saying I should complain, or you would be complaining?
That's the regular scheme of things... That's totes official.
You srs? I thought it was just until we finished 2/3u so we could put the 4u time in the 2u time or something so it isn't after school.

khfreakau

HSC
As far as I know, Ruse starts 4u in late term 3 after their yearly assessments. Or so it was that way last year. Our school starts at the beginning of term 4 as well.

HSC
I have a friend from ruse who said that they learnt the entire 2u course in year ten. Not sure if he's lying.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
I have a friend from ruse who said that they learnt the entire 2u course in year ten. Not sure if he's lying.
They do some HSC topics in their prelim course, by looking at a lot of their past exams... Not sure if they substitute the topics though (ie. swap some prelim and HSC courses around).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It's true, Ruse use fitzpatrick 2u for year 10, except the bottom class, but they still do most of it from photocopied sheets.

xXnukerrrXx

HSC
N/A
4 Unit is basically the mathematics which really change all methods, thinking and techniques you ever would learn. You really have to be able to apply mathematical principals accounting all factors rather than just theoretically knowing maths formulas.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Uh oh.
My school hasn't covered all of 2/3u yet =="
Yeah, we finished 2 unit but have some 3 unit to go and I'm in year 12 :D

Once we get into the subject of intelligence it gets complicated. Perhaps there are many different areas and types of intelligence. I'm not qualified to say much on it. Some people are of above average intelligence - perhaps our Federal MPs. Many are qualified in Law which isn't an easy course. Yet I won't be surprised if half of them are good enough for only up to 2U Maths Advanced.
Lol, politicians are retarded.

You srs? I thought it was just until we finished 2/3u so we could put the 4u time in the 2u time or something so it isn't after school.
No... that's not how it works... those classes you have at lunch/after school are your new MX2 periods and the ones where you have MX1 and mathematics are the periods where you cover that.
They obviously couldn't find a line for your class at your school.
You will work through MX1 with your class now and work through MX2 separately, unless you have enough people to make a whole new class for MX2+MX1.

4 Unit is basically the mathematics which really change all methods, thinking and techniques you ever would learn. You really have to be able to apply mathematical principals accounting all factors rather than just theoretically knowing maths formulas.
And you know this how?

HSC
No... that's not how it works... those classes you have at lunch/after school are your new MX2 periods and the ones where you have MX1 and mathematics are the periods where you cover that.
They obviously couldn't find a line for your class at your school.
You will work through MX1 with your class now and work through MX2 separately, unless you have enough people to make a whole new class for MX2+MX1.
We have like 5 people doing it next term, isn't that enough for a class? =="
tbh, I don't really wanna sacrifice my lunches and after school. Like... lunch :( Lunch= food :cry:

funnytomato

HSC
tbh, I don't really wanna sacrifice my lunches and after school. Like... lunch :( Lunch= food :cry:
eat your lunch during english classes! (assuming you actually attend them)

HSC
eat your lunch during english classes! (assuming you actually attend them)
my english teacher is strict :(
I actually have a lot of things on during lunch. These days, I barely eat lunch. I have cheerleading, amnesty, the environmental committee and a group that i've got to sit with/go to. I have no idea how i'm going to manage having 4u classes on top of all that tbh. I've been neglecting my friends so much lately, feel kinda guilty...

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
No...
We have 4 and we put it on the same half-line as EE1 and SOR2... and I do SOR2... :/
And it was stupid because me and another kid could've swapped bio classes and then had the whole thing on our bio line during school instead of having it on during SOR2 and after school... but then I wouldn't have any study periods.

HSC
No...
We have 4 and we put it on the same half-line as EE1 and SOR2... and I do SOR2... :/
And it was stupid because me and another kid could've swapped bio classes and then had the whole thing on our bio line during school instead of having it on during SOR2 and after school... but then I wouldn't have any study periods.
:/ So what are you doing for SOR2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)